Sustainable procurement takes into account the impact your purchasing decisions can make. Some factors to consider: Initial cost, quality, durability, maintenance costs, depreciation, disposal fees.
Here are some ways to reduce your impact as a college department
Check before buying something!
- Surplus Purchasing - EvCC's surplus items are available for sale at a lower prices.
- Space Management - See what other departments may not need anymore, reuse!
- EvCC Daily Digest Call Out - Employee's can ask for help or share announcements through the digest email.
- Swap and Shop - Annual event at Earth Week, campus supplies, furniture swapping.
Keep an inventory sheet with Min/Max quantities
- Prevents over-buying, shortages
- Allows for large, bulk orders to be placed, reducing the carbon footprint for the delivery of the products
- Select sustainable choices from Keeney’s and Office Depot