Critical Thinking/Active Learning
What is it and how is it being used?
Diversity in the Classroom
Are you aware of the ways in which your personal background affects the way you interact with students? This web resource from the Center for Instructional Development and Research will interest you.
You may find this link useful for LGBTQIA+ support.
- A Brief Summary of the Best Practices in College Teaching
Getting Results: An Interactive online teaching tool
An on-line course created by the League for Innovation in Community Colleges. Excellent!
Barriers and Promises in STEM Reform
Did you ever wonder why we have such difficulty transferring best practices research into main stream curriculum change? This research summary offers practical advice.
- What is Inappropriate Behavior?
- Guidelines for Dealing with Disruptive Students
- Behavioral Accommodations guide for Faculty
Small Group Instructional Diagnosis (SGID)
This tool has proven to be a useful process for instructors to voluntarily evaluate their teaching success, usually at the midpoint of the quarter. It could be just what you are looking for to offer you insight into your students' perceptions of your class.
- Syllabi Plagiarism Statements
Steering Clear of Plagiarism in the College Crunch
A webpage with many resources surrounding plagiarism in a college setting.
Turn it in.com
"World's leading plagiarism prevention system".
Many good ideas, regarding plagiarism, from Penn State.
Plagiarism in Colleges in USA
Attorney Standler provides legal references and an international student overtone.
Sustainability for your Discipline
Veterans in the Classroom
- Veterans' Resource Center
- Ten Things You Should Know
- NSSE Annual Results 2010
- Best Practices for Veteran Support
- Veteran Guidelines and Best Practices
- Higher Education Self-Assessment on Veterans