Assessment | Advising | Critical Thinking | eLearning | Diversity in the Classroom | Good Practices | Inappropriate Behavior | Learning Communities | Library Assignments | MIDQuarter Class Interviews | Plagiarism | Additional Links to Help with Teaching I Veterans:Best Practices
"Inside the Black Box: Raising Standards Through Classroom Assessment"
This article by Paul Black and Dylan Wiliam provides evidence that formative assessment is an essential component of classroom work and that its development can raise standards of achievement.
National Academic Advising Association
After talking with Counselors and Admissions Advisors this site can offer some interesting ideas. The audio downloads are interesting.
What is it and how is it being used?
Experiential Learning Diagram
A helpful graphic illustration of possible expressions of experiential learning
Diversity in the Classroom
Are you aware of the ways in which your personal background affects the way you interact with students? This web resource from the Center for Instructional Development and Research will interest you.
- GBLT Issues on campus are supported by program like "Safe Zone". You may find this web link useful for a broader kind of support. GBLT Support
- "A Brief Summary of the Best Practices in College Teaching"
Getting Results: An Interactive online teaching tool
An on-line course created by the League for Innovation in Community Colleges. Excellent!
- Qualities of a "Good Assignment" A list of assignment qualities created by EvCC faculty at the 07 campus retreat
- "Barriers and Promises in STEM Reform" Did you ever wonder why we have such difficulty transferring best practices research into main stream curriculum change? This research summary offers practical advice.
- What is Inappropriate Behavior?
- Guidelines for Dealing with Disruptive Students
- Behavioral Accommodations guide for Faculty
- SGID Information This tool has proven to be a useful process for instructors to voluntarily evaluate their teaching success, usually at the midpoint of the quarter. It could be just what you are looking for to offer you insight into your students' perceptions of your class.
- Syllabi Plagiarism Statements
- Steering Clear of Plagiarism in the College Crunch A webpage with many resources surrounding plagiarism in a college setting.
Sustainability for your Discipline
Veterans in the classroom
Note: The links require Acrobat Reader on your computer which you may download here