TRIO empowers first-generation, low-income students, and students with disabilities to navigate opportunities and barriers in order to author their authentic dreams. We cultivate personal growth, academic progress, and community development through a social justice lens.
What is TRiO?
TRiO Student Support Services at Everett Community College is a federally funded program that provides academic support services to eligible participants. Eligible TRiO participants are intent on obtaining an Associate's Degree and/or transferring to a 4-year college.
TRiO offers the following free services to participants:
- Personalized one-on-one academic planning and goal setting
- Transfer advising
- Major choice and career advising
- Tutoring for specified courses
- Visits to local 4-year colleges and universities
- Scholarship and financial aid resources
- Cultural and Educational Events
You may be eligible for TRiO at Everett Community College if you are:
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Pursuing an Associate's degree and plan to transfer to a 4-year school
- Need academic support
You must also meet at least ONE of the criteria for eligibility:
- Are a first-generation college student (neither parent has graduated with a 4-year bachelor's degree)
- Low-income (as determined by federal guidelines, verification required)
Have a documented disability and registered with Center for Disability Services
Note: Students who have already completed a college degree and students who have not completed high school or equivalency are not eligible. This includes Running Start students.
How do I sign up?