Trojan Athletic News and Announcements
- Check out the EvCC Athletic Blog for stories and such on the happenings of Trojan Athletes and Teams!!! Register so you can leave comments and such! The Blog has the stories about the games, teams seasons, Coaches Polls and much more. It has the most up to date information about what is going on with Trojan Athletics.
- GENERAL ADMISSION to Home Everett CC games (not scrimmages):
Current EvCC Students/Staff/Faculty are Free with current EvCC ID - ID must be on person & shown to receive free admission.
*Volleyball, Basketball & Baseball - $5.00 per person 12 years old and up.
*Soccer & Softball - FREE to all.
- 12/6-12/8 Women's Basketball @ Bellevue College Tournament - The Bulldog Classic Tournament on the campus if Bellevue College will take place on Fri-Sun, Dec. 6th - 8th. EvCC along with Big Bend, Bellevue, Green River, Highline, Lane, Skagit Valley, Umpqua will participate in the three day, double elimination tournament. Everett's first game will against Lane CC at 3pm on Friday. They will either face Skagit Valley or Highline on Saturday. If they win on Friday, they play at 5pm on Saturday and if they lose on Friday, they play at 1pm. Saturday's results determine Sunday's schedule. They could play at 11am, 1pm or 3pm. Directions to BC are under the directions link to the left.
- 12/6-12/8 Men's Basketball at CC's of Spokane Tournament - On Thursday, December 5th, the Men's Basketball Team will travel to Spokane, WA to participate in the 2013 Bigfoot Classic Tournament hosted by the CC's of Spokane. The three day event runs on Fri-Sun, Dec. 6th - 8th in a double elimination format. The Trojans first game is at 4:00pm on Friday against the Yaks of Yakima Valley CC. Depending on how they do will determine when they play on Saturday. If they win on Friday, they will play at 5pm on Saturday, and then either 4pm on Sunday (if they win on Sat) or at 2pm on Sunday (if they lose on Sat.). If they lose on Friday, they will play at 1pm on Saturday in a loser out game. If they win Saturday they will play at 12pm on Sunday. Saturday's game will be against either North Idaho Junior College or Spokane All-Stars. All Games will be played at Spokane Community College. Directions to the games are under the directions link to the left.
- EvCC Women's Classic All-Tournament 11/22-11/24 - In the 18th Annual EvCC Womens' Classic Tournament, there were 7 All-Tournament players named along with 1 MVP. They are: Gabi Fenumiai from Peninsula College; Tori Mahaffie from Lane CC; Tayler Fleming from Bellevue College; Kelsy Rasmussen from Everett CC; Riley Holsinger & Morgan Freeman from the CC's of Spokane and Alicia Jones from Columbia Basin College. The Tournament MVP was Shannon Bland from Columbia Basin College. All eight players received recognition and an All-Tournament T-shirt. Congratulations out to them and to their teams! 1st - Columbia Basin College; 2nd - CC's of Spokane; 3rd - Bellevue College; 4th - Lane CC; 5th - Everett CC; 6th - Peninsula College.
- EvCC Classic last day results 11/24 - There were only three games on Sunday, Nov. 24th, the last day of the 18th Annual Women's Classic. The 12pm game was for 4th & 6th places and had Lane beating Peninsula 108-69. In the 3rd & 5th place game at 2pm, Bellevue beat Everett 74-72. The final game at 4pm had Columbia Basin beating Spokane for the Championship 82-63. Congratulations to all of the teams and good luck in the remainder of your seasons! Everett/Bellevue game results - EvCC shot better from the field and the 3 point range with a 47.4% from the field and 41.2% from the three point range versus Bellevue's 35.1% from the field and 21.4% from 3 point range. Bellevue had a better free throw percentage, 63.0% to Everett's 55.0%. Everett had a one point lead going into half time, yet in the second half, Bellevue outscored Everett 44-41 for the win. Everett Game Highs: Kelsy Rasmussen 22 points & 10 rebounds; Sierra Hagans 13 points, 5 rebounds & 5 assists; Taylor Smith 11 points; Emma DuChesne 14 points. Bellevue Game Highs: Jori Hall 23 points & 13 rebounds; Airashay Rogers 14 points, 9 rebounds, 4 steals & 5 assists; Tayler Fleming 10 points; Alexis Berrysmith 10 points & 9 rebounds. Everett is 0-4 overall and Bellevue is 2-1 overall.
- Day 2 results from EvCC Classic 11/23 - On the second day of the 18th Annual EvCC Women's Classic Basketball Tournament, two teams lost out and the other 6 were gonna play on day three for 1st - 6th places. Game 5 at 2pm - Lane beat NWIC 117-5 & Game 6 at 4pm - Peninsula beat Alumni 79-77 - NWIC & Alumni are done and Lane & Peninsula will play at 12pm for 4th & 6th places tomorrow. Game 7 at 6pm - Columbia Basin beat Bellevue 63-51 & Game 8 at 8pm - Spokane beat Everett 73-56 - Bellevue & Everett will play at 2pm for 3rd & 5th places and CBC & Spokane will play for the Championship & 2nd place at 4pm. EvCC Game results - Everett shot 30.8% from the field, 22.2% from 3 point range and 66.7% from free throw while Spokane shot 35.5% from the field, 26.7% from 3 point range, and 78.9% from the free throw line. Everett Game Highs: Kelsy Rasmussen had 16 points; Sierra Hagans 12 points, 10 rebounds & 4 blocked shots. Spokane Game Highs: Riley Holsinger 20 points, 14 rebounds, 7 assists & 5 steals; Morgan Freeman 16 points & 9 rebounds; Brianna Anderson 14 points. Everett now has an 0-3 overall record.
- Day 1 results from EvCC Women's Classic 11/22 - The 2013 EvCC Women's Classic is the 18th Annual Tournament hosted here at EvCC. This year had 6 NWAACC schools (Bellevue College, CC's of Spokane, Columbia Basin College, Everett CC, Lane CC, Peninsula College), 1 Alumni team and 1 four year college (Northwest Indian College - NWIC). Game 1 - Bellevue beat Lane 72-58; Game 2 - Columbia Basin beat the Alumni 99-67; Game 3 - Spokane beat Peninsula 54-34; Game 4 - NWIC beat Everett 66-56. Due to a game time conflict, NWIC will not move on in the winner's bracket, but will instead play in the loser's side at 2pm vs Lane. The Alumni will move to the 4pm game on the loser's side to play Peninsula. Bellevue plays Columbia Basin on the winner's side at 6pm and Everett (moved to the winners' side due to NWIC conflict) will play at 8pm vs Spokane. Game results for EvCC vs NWIC: Everett shot 30.6% from the field, 16.7% from behind the 3 point line and 65.2% from the free throw line. NWIC shot 32.3% from the field, 40% from 3 point range and 56.3% from the free throw line. Game Highs - Everett - Kelsy Rasmussen 14 points & 11 rebounds; Sierra Hagans 11 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists & 5 steals; Kylie Smith 10 points & 11 rebounds. NWIC - Sarah Tom 25 points, 8 rebounds & 5 steals; Krista Colvin 14 points & 6 steals; Jolene Nagy 10 points, 7 rebounds & 5 assists; Elizabeth Isaacs 8 points & 10 rebounds. Everett's overall record is no 0-2.
- 11/29-12/1 Men's Basketball at Red Devil Classic - The Men's Basketball Team will be in Longview, WA to participate in the 2013 Red Devil Classic hosted by Lower Columbia College. This is a three day tournament on the campus of Mark Morris High School, due to LCC renovating their gymnasium. Everett's first game will be at 6pm on Nov. 29th against the Sasquatch from the CC's of Spokane. Their second game will take place on Nov. 30th against either Lower Columbia College or Southwestern Oregon CC at either 3pm (if lose on 11/29) or at 8pm (if win on 11/29), Directions to LCC (Mark Morris HS is right next door) are under the directions link to the left.
- Volleyball 2 an Out at NWAACC Championships 11/21 - Mt. Hood CC was the site of the 2013 NWAACC Volleyball Championship Tournament that took place Nov. 21st - 24th in Gresham, OR. Everyone's first round and winner's bracket was 3 out of 5 while the loser's bracket became 2 out of 3. In the first round, Everett CC (#4 seed from the Northern Region) faced Mt. Hood CC (#1 seed from the Southern Region) at 9am. The first two sets, the Saints of MHCC dominated the Trojans with scores of 25-13 & 25-12. In the third set, the Trojans put up a good fight with the Saints, but was unable to get the win, MHCC won 25-23 to advance on the winner's bracket. Game Highs: Trojans - Aryn Hansen 9 kills& 13 digs; Marsha Poischbeg 14 assists; Vanessa VanEyk 6 kills; Leilani Hansen 8 assists. Saints - Shawna Smith 10 kills; Rachel Woodcock 15 assists; Lihau Perreira 11 digs; Xayna Robinson & Devin Saucy 9 kills each. With this loss, EvCC moved to the loser's bracket to play their second match against the CC's of Spokane at 6:30pm. This match was a loser out match and 2 out of 3. While both games were close, Spokane won with scores of 25-23 & 25-21. Spokane moved on to the next round and Everett was out. Game Highs: Trojans - Aryn Hansen 10 kills & 11 digs; Marsha Poischbeg 12 assists; Hanna Christensen 12 digs. Sasquatch - Jenna Widman 10 kills; Madison Zinsli 25 assists; Dana Norris 14 digs; Christina Sautorsola 14 digs.
- Trojan Basketball split with Alumni Teams 11/17 - Sunday in the Student Fitness Center, the current Men's & Women's Basketball Teams took on past players in non-league Alumni games. The Women's game started first at 4pm with the Men following at 6pm. The Women's Alumni had 8 previous players: Oliana Seanoa, Kristina Schumacher, Hilary Wick, Tess Rennie, Anna Work, Alex Kenney, Christian Rogers & Erin Feeney. At the end of the first half, the Alumni led the Trojans 39-26. The largest lead came in the 2nd half when the Alumni had a 27 point lead at the end of the game. Alumni won 78-53. Game highs: Trojans - Taylor Smith 15 points, Sierra Hagans 11 points & 11 rebounds, Karli Shaw 10 points & 4 assists, Kelsy Rasmussen 12 rebounds. W. Alumni - Oliana Seanoa 15 points, 6 rebounds & 5 assists, Hilary Wick 14 points & 7 rebounds, Kristina Schumacher 14 points, Tess Rennie 13 points & 11 rebounds, Christian Rogers 9 rebounds, Alex Kenney & Erin Feeney 9 points each. The Women's team is now 0-1 overall. The Men's Alumni team had 10 players: 3 from the 1980's (Mike Taggart, Jeff Higgins & Todd Duistman), 2 from the 1990's (Darrell Walker & Chad Nelson) and the other 5 from 2000's (Pat Mattson, Jake Mattson, Paul Richards, Nate Holthenrichs & Hunter Hammer). The game was close throughout, with the Trojans having a 3 point lead at half time 47-44. In the second half, both teams scored 42 points, and the Trojans won by that 3 point margin 89-86. Game highs: Trojans - Dominique McClendon 23 points & 17 rebounds, David Ware 16 points, 14 rebounds & 9 assists, RJ Magar 16 points, Jake Allen 9 points & 7 rebounds. M. Alumni - Darrell Walker 27 points & 6 assists, Pat Mattson 21 points & 12 rebounds, Paul Richards 20 points & 15 rebounds, Jake Mattson 11 points & 6 rebounds. The Men's team is now 1-0 overall.
- 2 Women's Soccer players in All-Star Event 11/17 - The 2013 NWAACC Soccer All-Star games took place on Sunday, Nov. 17th at Starfire COmplex in Tukwila, WA. Everett Women had two players make the North-East Team - Denae Weigelt & Mikayla Whitton. Denae as a midfielder and Mikayla as a defender. The North-East played the South-West and the game ended in a tie 2-2. Congratulations to Denae & Mikayla being named to the All-Star Team!
- M. Basketball lose close one to TCC 11/15 - The men's basketball scrimmage game on Friday, Nov. 15th, took place in the EvCC Student Fitness Center between the Everett CC Trojans and the Tacoma CC Titans. Throughout the game, there were only two lead changes, one took place early in the game and the other later in the 2nd half. The largest lead was in the first half, when Everett had a 20 point lead. At the end of the game, the Trojans fell short by 5 points to the Titans, 68-63. Game highs for Everett: Theo VandenEkart - 16 points; David Ware - 11 points & 12 assists; Dominique McClendon - 11 points & 8 rebounds; RJ Magar - 9 points; Rashad Jones - 10 rebounds. Game highs for Tacoma: Terrell Lewis - 36 points; Anthony Harper - 6 points & 16 rebounds; Deion Judy - 6 points & 7 rebounds.
- 11/22-11/24 EvCC W. Basketball Classic - The 18th Annual EvCC Women's Basketball Classic will take place over the three day period of Nov. 22nd - Nov. 24th in the Student Fitness Center. There will be four games on Friday & Saturday at 2pm, 4pm, 6pm , & 8pm. On Sunday the game times are 12pm, 2pm and the Championship Game at 4pm. Friday 1st round match-ups are: 2:00pm Lane CC vs Bellevue College; 4:00pm Alumni vs Columbia Basin College; 6:00pm CC's of Spokane vs Peninsula College; 8:00pm Northwest Indian College vs EVERETT CC. Saturday's match ups will be determined by the outcomes of Friday's games. Admission to the games are $5.00 per person/per day (12 yrs old and up), and free to current EvCC Students, Staff & Faculty with current EvCC ID.
- 11/21-11/24 Volleyball advance to 2013 NWAACC Championships - With their 4th place finish in league with a 5-7 league record, the Women's Volleyball Team will participate in the 2013 NWAACC Volleyball Championship Tournament. The four day event will take place at Mt. Hood CC in Gresham, OR starting on Nov. 21st. For more information on the NWAACC Tournament click on the following link - http://nwaacc.org/volleyball/championship.php. Everett's first match will be against Mt. Hood CC, the #1 team from the South Region, at 9:00am.
- Volleyball lose last regular season match 11/12 - The Volleyball Team hosted the Bulldogs of Bellevue College in the final home game of the 2013 season on Tuesday, Nov. 12th. The first set had the Bulldogs winning by 10, 25-15 over the Trojans. In the second set, Everett rallied back to win by 2, 26-24. Bellevue came back in the third to win 25-15, while the Trojans fought in the fourth set to win 25-15. The fifth and deciding set had a three point difference and had the Bulldogs winning 15-12 to win the match. This win gives Bellevue a 11-1 league record and overall record of 27-5 with 78 sets won and 26 sets lost and earns them Northern Region Co-Champions with Olympic College who finished league also 11-1. The Trojans finish league with a 5-7 league record and 6-19 overall with 29 sets won and 56 sets lost and earns them 4th place in league. Game highs for Everett: Aryn Hansen 17 kills & 18 digs; Kahokuloa Kauhi 13 kills & 13 digs; Vanessa VanEyk 11 kills; Hanna Christensen 16 digs; Leilani Hansen 42 assists & 14 digs. Game highs for Bellevue: Kylai Cooley 23 kills; Roshel Muzzall 10 kills; Darian Foley 12 kills; Danielle Smullin 47 assists; Sara Pulaksi 22 digs.
- 11/17 Basketball Teams play Alumni - On the afternoon of Sunday, Nov. 17th, the Trojan Men's & Women's Basketball Teams will each play a non-league game against their Alumni. The Women's game will start at 4:00pm with the Men following at 6:00pm. Some of the Women Alumni to play are: Oliana Seanoa, Kristina Schumacher, Christian Rogers, Anna Work, Hilary Wick, and Tess Rennie. Some of the Men Alumni are: Pat Mattson, Chris Grounds, Andre Piper-Jordan, Jacob Landrus, Nate Holthenrichs, Flynn Mattson & Jake Mattson, along with a possible 18-19 more! Admission to the games are $5.00 per person (12 yrs old and up), and free to current EvCC Students, Staff & Faculty with current EvCC ID.
- 11/17 Two W. Soccer players to play in All-Star Game - Denae Weigelt and Mikayla Whitton were both named to the 2013 Women's Soccer All-Star list for their performances in the season. The All-Star games will take place on Sunday, Nov. 17th at Starfire Complex in Tukwila, WA before the 2013 Men's & Women's Championship games. Congratulations Denae & Mikayla!!
- 11/15 M. Basketball hosts Tacoma in scrimmage - The Men's Basketball Team have added another scrimmage game to the 2013-14 season. They will host the Titans of Tacoma CC on Friday, Nov. 15th. The scrimmage will begin at 7:00pm in the Student Fitness Center with admission free to all.
- M. Basketball scrimmage results 11/9 - The Knights from Wenatchee Valley College were in Everett on Saturday, Nov. 9th to play a scrimmage basketball game against the Trojan Men's Basketball Team. The game began at 7:00pm in the Student Fitness Center. While there were 3 lead changes, those happened early on in the game. The Trojans took a good size lead in the first half with a score of 41-33 at half time. In the second half, Everett created the largest lead in the game with a 21 point difference when the score was 65-44. At the end of the second half, Everett had scored 53 points to the 46 from Wenatchee Valley for Everett to win 94-79. Game Highs for Everett: David Ware with 19 points, 7 assists & 5 steals; Theo VandenEkart with 15 points & 5 steals; Dominique McClendon with 14 points; RJ Magar with 13 points. Game Highs for Wenatchee Valley: Jason Dresker with 17 points & 9 rebounds; JT Reynolds with 14 points; Quinton Oliver & Cole Van Lierop each with 10 points.
- NWAACC W. Soccer 2nd Round Playoff results 11/9 - In the 2nd Round of the 2013 NWAACC Soccer Playoffs, the Trojan Women's Soccer Team traveled to Walla Walla, WA to play the #1 team from the East Region - Walla Walla CC. The loser out game took place on Saturday, Nov. 9th at 11:00am. While Trojan Keeper, Shelby Hampton had 16 saves, the Trojans were unable to score on Warriors Keeper, Aiko Johnson. The Warriors were able to score 3 goals in the game to advance to the semi-final game on Nov. 16th. Warrior goals were from Olivia Rodgers in the 2nd minute and the 51st minute and Tash Anderson in the 74th minute. Delaney Romero assisted on the first goal, Alli Madril on the second goal and Mackena Carkner on the 3rd goal. Everett finishes the 2013 season with a league record of 8-5-3 and overall record of 10-8-3 with 27 points, 36 goals for, 23 goals against and 7 shutouts. Walla Walla has a league record of 14-1-1 and overall record of 19-1-1 with 43 points, 99 goals for, 6 goals against and 16 shutouts.
- Men's Cross Country win NWAACC Title & Women take 2nd 11/9 - The Everett Men's 2013 Cross Country Team won the NWAACC Title at the 2013 Championship Meet that took place on Saturday, Nov. 9th in Battle Ground, WA. The team had a score of 50 and won the title by 2 points over 2nd place Lane CC, who had 52 points. The Men's Individual Champion was Daniel Schofield from the CC's of Spokane with a time of 24:20. Everett's highest men's finish was #4 by Mason Nicol with a time of 24:35. The Everett Women's Team took 2nd place with 43 points behind the 1st plac CC's of Spokane who had a team score of 39. The Women's Individual Champion was Jessica Mildes with a time of 17:51 from the CC's of Spokane. Everett's highest women's finisher was Chelseas Stokes in 3rd place with a 18:54 time. With 93 combined points, Everett was the Combined Champion. Trojan runners named as All-Americans are: Men - Mason Nicol & Keefe Hanson; Women - Chelsea Stokes & Alisha Luna. CC's of Spokane head coach Sean McLachlan was named as the Women's Coach of the Year and Everett head coach Matt Koenigs was the Men's Coach of the Year. Full team scores and Everett times can be found under the results page on the Cross Country page.
- Volleyball beats Skagit Valley 11/8 - Friday, November 8th, the Volleyball team hosted the Cardinals of Skagit Valley College in a league match. The first set began at 7:00pm in the EvCC Student Fitness Center. The match went 5 sets with Everett winning 3 of them. EvCC won the first, second and fifth sets with scores of 25-22, 25-20 and 15-5 while Skagit won the third and fourth sets with scores of 25-15 and 25-22. This win gives Everett a league record of 5-6 and overall of 6-18 with 27 sets for and 54 sets against while the loss moves Skagit's league record to 2-9 and overall record to 6-22 with 29 sets for and 63 sets against. Game Highs for Everett: Aryn Hansen with 18 kills & 19 digs; Kahokuloa Kauhi with 10 kills and 28 digs; Leilani Hansen with 35 assists; Hanna Christensen with 14 digs. Game Highs for Skagit: Miranda Hope with 18 kills and 12 digs; Janinie Guzman with 15 kills and 38 digs; Chynna Loeffler with 11 kills and 17 digs; Kayla Bell with 49 assists and 11 digs.
- 11/12 Volleyball's last home game of 2013 season - Tuesday, Nov. 12th is the date of the last home game of the 2013 season for the Volleyball Team. The Trojans will host the Bulldogs of Bellevue College. The first set will begin a little after 7:00pm, as before the match, there will be a short presentation by the coaches and team to thank and recognize the Trojan Sophomores as they play in their last home game here at EvCC. The four sophomores are: Aryn Hansen 2011 & 2013; Alyssa Walker 2012 & 2013; Vanessa Van Eyk 2012 & 2103 and Gabby Small 2012 & 2013. The match will be played in the Student Fitness Center and admission is $5.00 per person, except current EvCC Students, Staff & Faculty with current EvCC ID.
- 11/11 W. Basketball at Bellevue College - The Women's Basketball Team will be on the campus of Bellevue College on Monday, Nov. 11th to participate in the BC scrimmages. They will play 3 games during the day. Directions to BC are under the directions link to the left.
- 11/9 2nd Round NWAACC Women's Soccer Playoff - @ Walla Walla CC - With their 1-0 win over Lane CC in the 1st round of the 2013 NWAACC Playoffs, the Everett Trojan Women's Soccer Team advance to the 2nd Round which will take place on Saturday, Nov. 9th. The game will take place at Walla Walla CC in Walla Walla, WA and begin at 11:00am, with the winner advancing to the Semi-Finals on Saturday Nov. 16th. Directions to WWCC are under the directions link to the left.
- Volleyball lost @ Edmonds 11/6 - The Volleyball Team was at Edmonds CC in Lynnwood, WA on Wed. Nov. 6th to play the Tritons in a league match. First set started at 7:00pm. The Trojans won the second set with a score of 25-21, however, Edmonds won the first, third and fourth sets with scores of 25-17, 26-24, 25-16 to win the match. Game Highs for Everett: Kahokuloa Kauhi 10 kills & 12 digs; Aryn Hansen 17 digs; Leilani Hansen 11 assists; Marsha Poischbeg 17 assists; Hanna Christensen 10 digs. Game Highs for Edmonds: Jessica Boyle 11 kills; Angelica Fernandez 31 assists & 11 digs; Carly Reece 15 digs. Everett is 4-6 in league, 5-18 overall with 24 sets won and 52 sets lost. Edmonds is 3-7 in league, 7-21 overall with 29 sets won and 63 sets lost.
- NWAACC W. Soccer 1st Round Playoff results 11/6 - In the 1st round of the 2013 NWAACC Women's Soccer Playoffs, Everett was in Eugene, OR to play the Titans of Lane CC. The game began at 2:00pm and it wasn't until the second half at the 79th minute mark that the only goal of the game was scored. The goal was scored by Trojan Mikayla Whitton to give Everett the win and to advance them to the 2nd round. Trojan Shelby Hampton recorded the shutout with 5 saves. Titan Samantha Schoene had 10 saves. This win improves Everett's overall record to 10-7-3 and finishes Lane's overall record at 14-5-3.
- M. Basketball scrimmage results 11/5 - The Men's Basketball scrimmage between EvCC and the Highline CC Thunderbirds took place at EvCC on Tuesday, Nov. 5th at 7:00pm. The game was the first time both teams had played other opponents. Going into half time, the Thunderbirds had a 7 point lead, 42-35. In the second half, both teams shot better and Highline out scored the Trojans 54-50, to win 96-85. Highline as a team had 11 blocks to Everett's 4. Game highs for Everett: Dominique McClendon 17 points & 7 rebounds; RJ Magar 17 points; David Ware 12 points, 10 rebounds & 7 assists; Rashad Jones 10 points & 6 rebounds. Game highs for Highline: Jimmy Keum 24 points & 7 rebounds; Madison McCaffrey 16 points; Doug McDaniel 14 points & 7 rebounds.
- 11/9 M. Basketball scrimmage - The Men's Basketball Team will play a scrimmage game against the Knights of Wenatchee Valley College on Saturday, Nov. 9th. The game will be played in the Student Fitness Center starting at 6:00pm and is free to everyone.
- 11/9 Cross Country NWAACC - The 2013 NWAACC Cross Country Championship Meets will take place in Battle Ground, WA on Saturday, Nov. 9th. The races will take place at Lewisville Park - 26411 NE Lewisville Hwy. The Women begin at 11am and the Men at 12pm. Everett Men's & Women's team will both participate at the meet. For more information - http://www.nwaacc.org/crosscountry/championship.php
- 11/8 Volleyball hosts Skagit Valley - The league match-up between Everett CC & Skagit Valley CC at EvCC will take place on Friday, Nov. 8th at 7:00pm. The match will take place in the Student Fitness Center. Admission is $5.00 per person 12 years old and up and FREE for current EvCC Students, Staff & Faculty with current EvCC ID.
- 11/6 1st Round NWAACC Women's Soccer Playoffs - Women @ Lane - The Trojan Women's Soccer Team took 3rd in league and with the 3rd place finish, they will travel to Eugene, OR to play the Titans of Lane CC in the 1st round of the 2013 NWAACC Soccer Playoffs on Wednesday Nov. 6th. The game will start at 2:00pm. Directions to Lane CC are under the directions link to the left.
- Soccer teams split with Skagit Valley 11/2 - The Women's Soccer game began at 12:00pm on Saturday, Nov. 2nd at Kasch Park and in the 3rd minute Trojan Rachel Detroit scored her first goal of the game. Rachel scored her second goal in the 14th minute with Kassandra Blakely assisting. Kassandra Blakely also assisted Mikayla Whitton on her goal in the 19th minute. At half time, the score was Everett 3 & Skagit Valley 0. Rachel Detroit assisted Rebecca Carnevale in the 70th minute for the Trojans fourth goal. Skagit didnt' score until the 84th minute and that was by Sarah Tuemmler. The game ended with Everett winning 4-1. With this win, the Trojan Women finished in 3rd place in the Northern Region and advance to the 2013 NWAACC Playoffs. Everett ended the regular season with a 8-5-3 league record and 9-7-3 overall record with 27 points, 37 goals for, 20 goals against and 6 shutouts. Skagit finish with a 6-9-1 league record and 7-9-2 overall record with 19 points, 24 goals for, 37 goals against and 6 shutouts. At 2:15pm, the Men's game started. In the 9th minute, Michael Cortright scored his first goal for Skagit and then scored his second goal of the game in the 15th minute. Jaime Guerrero assisted on the goal second goal. At halftime, Skagit Valley had a 2-0 lead. In the 58th minute, Trojan Julio Aguilar scored the Trojans only goal of the game with the assist from Jonny Perry. In the 71st minute and in the 90th minute, Skagit Valley's Eleazer Galvan scored to give Skagit the 4-1 win. Michael Cortright assisted on the goal in the 71st minute. By winning this game, Skagit Valley Men took 1st place in the Northern Region and advance to the NWAACC Playoffs. Everett finished with a league record of 2-7-4 and an overall record of 2-10-4 with 10 points, 11 goals for, 34 goals against and 2 shutouts. Skagit finished regular league play with a league record of 9-3-1 and overall record of 12-3-1 with 28 points, 46 goals for, 21 goals against and 2 shutouts.
- Volleyball lose at Shoreline in five 11/1 - On Friday, November 1st, the Women's Volleyball Team was in Seattle, WA on the campus of Shoreline CC to play a league match against the Dolphins. Match began at 7:00pm and the Dolphins and Trojans fought for the win for five sets. Everett won the second and fourth set with scores of 25-20 & 25-22. Shoreline won the first and third set with scores of 25-20 for both sets, they also won the fifth and deciding game with a score of 15-6. No stats were reported. Everett's league record is 4-5 and overall record is 5-17 with 23 sets won and 49 sets lost while Shoreline's league record is 7-3 and overall record is 20-12 with 58 sets won and 51 sets lost.
- W. Basketball beats GRCC in scrimmage 11/1 - In their first full game together, the Women's Basketball Team hosted the Gators of Green River CC in a scrimmage game on Friday, November 1st. The game started at 6:00pm and at half time, the Gators had a 3 point lead over the Trojans - 33-30. The second half had a different outcome, as the Trojans outscored the Gators 49-30 to win the scrimmage 79-63. Game highs for Everett - Ashley Albertson 22 points & 20 rebounds; Taylor Smith 20 points; Sierra Hagans 16 points & 9 rebounds; Emma DuChesne 15 points & 7 assists. Game highs for Green River - Gina Mitchell 21 points & 10 rebounds; Shelby Wason 15 points; Taylor Woods 10 points.
- 11/6 Volleyball at Edmonds CC - The Women's Volleyball Team travels to Edmonds CC in Lynnwood, WA on Wednesday, Nov. 6th to play a league match against the Tritons of EdCC. The first set begins at 7:00pm. Directions to EdCC are under the directions link to the left.
- 11/5 Men's Basketball Scrimmage - In the Student Fitness Center at 7:00pm on Tuesday, Nov. 5th, the Trojan Men's Basketball Team will play a scrimmage game against the Thunderbirds of Highline CC. Admission is free to everyone.
- Volleyball beats Whatcom in four sets 10/30 - In the home volleyball match on Wednesday, Oct. 30th, the Trojans faced the Orcas of Whatcom CC in a league match. The first set started at 7:00pm and went to a score of 28-26 with Whatcom winning. In the next 3 sets, the Trojans came out determined to get the win and it showed by the scores - 25-13, 25-16 & 25-20. Everett won the match 3 sets to 1 set. This win improved Everett's league record to 4-4 and overall record to 4-16, with 20 sets won and 47 sets lost.
- Soccer lose both at Edmonds CC 10/30 - Everett Men's & Women's Soccer Teams traveled to Lynnwood, WA to play league games with the Tritons of Edmonds CC on the night of Wed. Oct. 30th. The Women began at 5:00pm, and with ten minutes left in the first half, the Tritons scored their first goal by Hannah Shouse assisted by Annelise Coxeff. They scored their second goal by Tisha Parsley in the 57th minute with the assist by Tanisha McGruder. At the 81st minute mark, Lauren Rodger scored their third and final goal, with Irina Lyons assisting. Unfortunately, the Trojan Women were unable to score, so Edmonds won 3-0. Triton keeper Alecia Longsine recorded the shutout with 4 saves, and Trojan Shelby Hampton had 9 saves. This loss takes Everett Women to a 7-5-3 league record and an overall record of 8-7-3 with 24 points, 33 goals for, 19 goals against and 6 shutouts. Edmonds Women are 11-1-3 in league and 13-2-3 overall with 36 points, 51 goals for, 13 goals against and 13 shutouts. In the Men's game that started at 7:15pm, Triton Connor Marsh scored their first goal in the first 5 minutes of the game, with the assist to Zak Naylor. Two minutes later, with the assist from Kevin Carroll, JJ Schmeck scored the Tritons second goal. It wasn't until the second half with 7 minutes left, that they scored their third and final goal by Mikey Boswell. Trojan keeper Ian Beegle had 6 saves while Triton keeper had 1 save and recorded the shutout. With this loss, the Trojan Men are out of the playoffs for the 2013 season. They are 2-6-4 in league and 2-9-4 overall with 10 points, 10 goals for, 30 goals against and 2 shutouts. Edmonds Men are 8-3-2 in league and 8-7-2 overall with 26 points, 36 goals for, 31 goals against and 1 shutout.
- 11/2 Soccer plays Skagit - The last regular season league soccer games of the 2013 season will take place on Saturday, November 2nd. Everett CC will host Skagit Valley College at Kasch Park, with the Women beginning at 12:00pm and the Men at 2:15pm. Games will be played on Field #2 and admission is free to all.
- 11/1 Volleyball @ Shoreline CC - At 7:00pm on Friday, Nov. 1st, Everett's Volleyball Team will be play a league match at Shoreline CC in Seattle, WA. Directions to ShCC are under the directions link to the left.
- 11/1 Women's Basketball Scrimmage - The Trojan Women's Basketball Team hosts Green River CC on Friday November, 1st in a scrimmage game. The game will begin at 6:00pm in the Student Fitness Center. Admission is free to all.
- Results from Soccer at Shoreline 10/26 - Saturday, Oct. 26th, the Trojan Soccer Teams played at 6:00pm & 8:15pm in Seattle, WA against the Dolphins of Shoreline CC. The Women started the night off and there was only one goal scored in the first half and that was by Everett's Julianna LaBrake in the 15th minute, with the assist from Rachel Detroit. Everett's second goal, was scored by Payton Wangner in the 51st minute. It wasn't until the 83rd minute that the Dolphins scored not one but two goals to tie the game. Mackenzie Bolton scored one and assisted one, with Allison Shelton assisted and Hayley Warren scored. The 2-2 tie was how the game ended. Shelby Hampton from Everett had 1 save while Shoreline's Selene Aguilar had 3 saves and Ashley Swan had 6 saves. The Men began at 8:15pm. There were two goals in the first half - one by the Dolphins Ugo Obianozie in the 13th minute (assisted by Marcus Edwards) and the other by Trojan Guadalupe Rodriguez in the 21st minute. Going into the second half with a 1-1 tie, four minutes into the half, Trojan Gabriel Machias-Neri scored (assisted by Mike Mikulsky). Dolphin Owusu Fordjour scored their second goal in the 78th minute with the assist by Jibril Freeman. The Dolphins third goal was not reported. With a 3-2 score, Shoreline won the game. Everett's Ian Beegle had 2 saves, while Shoreline's Rick Lum had 7 saves. Everett Women now are 7-4-3 in league and 8-6-3 overall with 24 points, 33 goals for, 16 goals against and 6 shutouts. Everett Men are 2-5-4 in league and 2-8-4 overall with 10 points, 10 goals for, 27 goals against and 2 shutouts. Shoreline Women are 6-6-2 in league and 9-7-2 overall with 20 points, 46 goals for, 38 goals against and 3 shutouts. Shoreline Men are 2-7-3 in league and 2-11-4 overall with 9 points, 22 goals for, and 54 goals against.
- Cross Country wins N. Region Championships 10/25 - The EvCC Men's & Women's Cross Country Teams each won their respective title at the 2013 Northern Region Championship Meets. The Women's race started at 12pm and Trojan Women took the first 5 places. Alisha Luna took 1st and became the Women's Individual Champion with a time of 19:32.70. At 1pm, the Men's race began and Trojan Men took the first 8 places. Keefe Hanson finished with a time of 26:37.30 in 1st place and became the Men's Individual Champion.
- 10/30 Volleyball hosts Whatcom - The Volleyball Team hosts the Orcas of Whatcom CC in a league match at 7:00pm on Wed. Oct. 30th. The match will be played in the Student Fitness Center. Admission is free to EvCC Students, Staff & Faculty with EvCC current ID, otherwise it is $5.00 per person 12 years old and up.
- 10/30 Soccer @ Edmonds CC - The Men's & Women's Soccer Teams will play a league game at Edmonds CC on Wednesday, Oct. 30th. The Women will start at 5:00pm and the Men following at 7:15pm. Directions to the game are under the directions link to the left.
- W. Soccer beat Green River 10/23 - The Women's Soccer Team hosted the Gators from Green River CC at 3:00pm on Wednesday, Oct 23rd in a league game. In the first half, Trojan keeper, Shelby Hampton had 3 saves against the Gators, while her teammates scored three goals - Bailey Ellis assisted by Payton Wangner in the 9th minute, Tayhler Williams assisted by Rachel Detroit in the 23rd minute and Denae Weigelt assisted by Alexandria Wright in the 33rd minute. In the second half, Kaari Skaugrud went into the goal for the Trojans and she had 1 save, while her teammate Rachel Detroit scored in the 55th minute. The Gators keeper, Molly Lambert had 9 saves for the game, yet her teammates were unable to score, giving Everett the win 4-0. In league Everett is 7-4-2 and overall 8-6-2 with 23 points, 31 goals for, 14 goals against and 6 shutouts. Green River CC is 2-10-1 in league and 5-10-2 overall with 7 points, 13 goals for, 38 goals against and 6 shutouts.
- 10/26 Soccer travels to play Shoreline CC - The Men's & Women's Soccer Teams travel to Seattle, WA to play the Shoreline Dolphins in league games. The games will take place on Saturday, Oct. 26th, with the Women beginning at 6:00pm and the Men beginning at 8:15pm. Both games will be played at Twin Ponds Field - directions:
North or South bound Interstate 5 - Take 145th St Exit, go West on 145th and turn right on 1st Avenue (about 200 yards pass the Interstate). Twin Ponds Field will be on the left.
- Volleyball lose three at Olympic 10/21 - In Bremerton, WA on the campus of Olympic College, the Trojans played a league match against the Rangers. First set began at 7pm on Monday, Oct. 21st. The match only went three sets, with the Rangers winning with scores of 25-13, 25-11, 25-8. No stats were turned at this time. In league, Everett is 3-4 and overall 4-16 with 18 sets won and 45 sets lost. Olympic is 6-1 in league and 32-3 overall with 88 sets won and 17 sets lost.
- 10/25 Northern Region Cross Country Championship - The 2013 Northern Region Cross Country Championship Meet will take place on Friday, October 25th. The host school this year is Skagit Valley College in Mt. Vernon. The Women's 5K race will start at 12:00pm and the Men's 8K race will start at 1:00pm. For more information on this meet, please contact Head Coach Koenigs at 360-306-0259 or at firstname.lastname@example.org Directions to SVC are under the directions link on the athletics webpage.
- Volleyball GRCC day 2 X-over results 10/19 - The second day of the 2013 Green River CC Volleyball Crossover Tournament in Auburn, WA had the Trojans facing the host in the first game of the bracket play at 12pm. The first round of bracket play along with the winner's side of the bracket were 3 out of 5 matches, while the loser's side of the bracket were 2 out of 3. The match against Green River went 4 sets with GRCC winning the match with scores of 25-18, 20-25, 25-20, & 25-14. The next match was against Umpqua CC at 3:30pm in a loser out match. This match only went two sets and the Trojans beat the Riverhawks with scores of 25-20 & 25-20. At 5:00pm, the Trojans faced the Red Devils in another loser out game. LCC won with scores of 25-16 & 27-25. Everett now has an 4-15 overall record.
- Soccer vs Whatcom results 10/19 - Whatcom CC Soccer Teams were at Kasch Park in Everett to play league games against the Trojans on Saturday, Oct. 19th. In the Women's game that started at 12:00pm, Rachel Detroit with the assist by Denae Weigelt scored for the Trojans in the 36th minute. It wasn't until the 86th minute on a penalty kick by Samantha Logan that the Orcas scored. The game ended in a 1-1 tie. Everett keepers Shelby Hampton and Kaari Skaugrud each had 4 saves in their 45 minute halves that they played and Whatcom keeper, Megan O'Keefe had 1 save. Everett Women are now 6-4-2 in league and 7-6-2 overall with 20 points, 27 goals for, 14 goals against and 5 shutouts. Whatcom Women are 7-0-5 in league and 8-1-5 overall with 26 points, 34 goals for, 8 goals against and 8 shutouts. The Men's game was next at 2:15pm. The first half ended with no goals for either team. About two minutes after the start of the second half, with the assist from Alberto Farias, Trojan Guadalupe Rodriguez scored the only goal of the game. Everett keeper, Ian Beegle had 10 saves while Whatcom keeper Andrew Wildfong had 3 saves. Everett Men in league are now 2-4-4 and overall 2-7-4 with 10 points, 8 goals for, 24 goals against and 2 shutouts. Whatcom Men are 3-5-2 in league and 3-6-3 overall with 11 points, 16 goals for, 19 goals against and 2 shutouts.
- Four Runners participate in Emerald City Open 10/19 - One Male and three female runners from the EvCC Cross Country Teams participated in the 2013 Emerald City Open Meet on Saturday, October 19th in Seattle, WA. Everett did not have enough runners to score for the team, as you need 7 runners to finish to make a score. In the Women's race, Ashley Everett finished in 58th position with a time of 26:54.6; Ariel Hodges with a time of 28.20.1 finished in 71st spot and in the 77th spot, Dana Popoliac finished with a time of 31:00.2. In the Men's race, Cody Hoskins crossed the finish line in 53rd place in 29:17.4.
- Volleyball at GRCC X-over Day 1 results 10/18 - Green River CC hosted one of the Volleyball Crossover Tournaments on Oct. 18th & 19th in Auburn, WA. EvCC was in attendence, along with Lower Columbia College, Umpqua CC, Mt. Hood CC, CC's of Spokane, Green River CC, Shoreline CC & Big Bend CC. On the18th the matches were 2 out of 3 and the Trojans first match was with the Saints of Mt. Hood CC at 11am. The Saints won the match in 2 sets with scores of 25-16 & 25-20. The 2pm game vs CC's of Spokane had the Sasquatch winning in 2 sets with scores of 25-12 & 25-13. They played the Red Devils of Lower Columbia College in their 5:30pm match, and the Red Devils won with scores of 25-12 & 25-23. They play their first match on the 19th at 12:00pm vs Green River CC.
- 10/23 Women's Soccer hosts Green River - The Women's Soccer Team will host the Gators of Green River CC in a league game at Kasch Park Field #2. The game will start at 3:00pm on Wednesday October 23rd. Directions to Kasch Park are under the directions link to the left.
- 10/21 Volleyball travels to Bremerton - The league game in Bremerton, WA on Monday, Oct. 21st will have the Rangers of Olympic College hosting the Trojans of EvCC. The match will start at 7pm. Directions to OC are under the directions link to the left.
- Volleyball lose in three at Bellevue 10/16 - The Bellevue College Bulldogs hosted a league volleyball match againt the EvCC Trojans. The match began at 7pm on Wednesday, October 16th in Bellevue, WA. Set one was a very close game and Bellevue only won by two points with a score of 26-24. In the second set, the Bulldogs won by a score of 25-19, while in the third set, the Bulldogs held the Trojans to only 10 points to win 25-10. Highs for Everett: Aryn Hansen with 9 kills; Hanna Christensen with 13 digs; Vanessa VanEyk had 7 ace serves and Leilani Hansen had 16 assists. Highs for Bellevue: Kylai Cooley had 10 kills & 8 digs; Danielle Smullin with 16 assists and Stephanie Antioquio with 11 assists. In league, Everett is 3-3 and overall is 3-10, with 15 sets for and 31 sets against. Bellevue is 6-0 in league and 19-3 overall with 55 sets for and 15 sets against.
- Soccer at Skagit results 10/16 - Skagit Valley College hosted the Trojans in two soccer league games on Wednesday October 16th in Mt. Vernon, WA. The Women started off beginning at 2:00pm, with the Men following at 4:15pm. While Everett had more shots on goal, with Skagit keeper Casandra Lake getting 8 saves, they were unable to score. Skagit was able to get 2 goals past Everett keeper Shelby Hampton, who had 2 saves. The first goal was scored by Samantha Mesman in the 63rd minute. Cody White had the assist on that goal and also scored their second goal in the 82nd minute. Everett Women are now 6-4-1 in league and 7-6-1 overall with 19 points, 26 goals for, 13 goals against and 5 shutouts. Skagit Women are 5-5-1 in league and 6-5-2 overall with 16 points, 19 goals for, 23 goals against and 5 shutouts. During the Men's game, at the 31 minute mark, Trojan Guadalupe Rodriguez scored the Trojans first goal. In the 45th minute, Cardinal Ifiokobong Ekpo scored with the assist tho Sergio Garcia. Skagit went up 2-1 in the 57th minute with a goal by Eleazer Galvan, however Everett tied it up at 2-2 with a goal by Gabriel Machia-Neri with the assist to Grayson Knott in the 65th minute. At the end of 90 minutes, that was how the game ended 2-2. Everett's Ian Beegle had 9 saves and Skagit's Alejandro Sanchez had 4 saves. Everett Men are now 1-4-4 in league and 1-7-4 overall with 7 points, 7 goals for and 24 goals against with 1 shutout. Skagit Men are 5-3-1 in league and 7-3-1 overall with 16 points, 27 goals for, 16 goals against and 2 shutouts.
- 10/19 Cross Country at Emerald City Open - The Cross Country Teams will participate in the Emerald City Open on Saturday October 19th at Upper Woodland Park in Seattle, WA. For more information on this meet, please contact Head Coach Koenigs at email@example.com or at 360-306-0259.
- 10/19 Soccer hosts Whatcom CC - The Men's & Women's Soccer Teams will host league games against the Orcas of Whatcom CC on Saturday, October 19 at Kasch Park. The Women's game begins at 12pm and the Men's at 2:15pm. Both games will be played on Field #2, and admission is free to all. Directions to Kasch Park are under the directions link to the left.
- 10/18-10/19 Volleyball @ Crossover - The Green River CC Volleyball Crossover Tournament will take place on Friday & Saturday October 18 & 19 in Auburn, WA. The EvCC Volleyball Team will be one of the participants in this tournament. The two day event with 8 teams. Everett's first game on Fri. is at 11am vs Mt. Hood CC; the second game is at 2pm vs CC's of Spokane, and the third game is at 5:30pm vs Lower Columbia College. Saturday's schedule will be determined by how they do on Friday. Directions are under the link to the left.
- Soccer results vs Edmonds 10/12 - The Tritons of Edmonds CC were at Kasch Park on Saturday, Oct. 12th to play the Trojans in league soccer games. The Women started the day off at 12:00pm. The first half ended in a 0-0 tie, it wasn't until the 53rd minute that the Tritons scored with a goal by Annelise Coxeff (Katie Carnell with the assist). Unfortunately for the Trojans, that was how the day ended with Edmonds winning 1-0. Triton Alecia Longsine had 6 saves while Trojan Shelby Hampton had 5. Everett is 6-3-1 in league and 7-5-1 overall with 19 points, 26 goals for, 11 goals against and 5 shutouts. Edmonds is 7-1-2 in league and 9-2-2 overall, with 23 points, 38 goals for, 13 goals against and 8 shutouts. The Men's game began at 2:15pm and pretty quickly, within the first 5 minutes, the Tritons Zak Naylor scored with the assist from Miguel Medina. It wasn't until about two minutes left in the first half that the Trojans scored a goal by Guadalupe Rodriguez assisted by Grayson Knott. While the second half went back and forth, that was how the game ended - in a tie 1-1. Everett's Ian Beegle had 12 saves and Edmonds Andrew McDonald had 11. Everett is 1-4-3 in league and 1-7-3 overall with 6 points, 5 goals for, 22 goals against adn 1 shutout. Edmonds is 5-1-2 in league and 5-4-2 overall with 17 points, 23 goals for and 21 goals against.
- XC results from PLU Invite 10/12 -The Men's & Women's Cross Country Teams were in Tacoma, WA on Saturday October 12th to participate in the 2013 PLU Invite hosted by Pacific Lutheran University. Both Everett CC teams took 2nd place at the meet, the Men with a score of 39 and the Women with a 50 score. The top Trojan Men's finisher was Mason Nicol in 26:30.34 and the top Trojan Women's finisher was Alisha Luna in 23:01.83.
- Volleyball wins in five at Whatcom 10/11 - The Women's Volleyball Team on Friday October 11th, was in Bellingham, WA to play a league match on the campus of Whatcom CC. The match began at 7:00pm and went five sets, with Everett winning 3 sets to 2. Set scores were 25-15, 21-25, 16-25, 26-24, 15-9. This puts Everett at 3-2 in league and 3-9 overall with 15 sets for and 28 sets against. Whatcom is 1-4 in league and 1-11 overall with 11 sets for and 35 sets against. Trojan game highs: Aryn Hansen with 20 kills & 21 digs; Kahokuloa Kauhi with 13 kills & 15 digs; Leilani Hansen with 41 assists; Hanna Christiansen 12 digs; Vanessa VanEyk with 10 digs. Orca game highs: Anuhea Paiva with 19 kills & 18 digs; Chynna Loeffler with 15 kills; Miranda Hope with 14 kills; Janinie DeGuzman with 23 digs; Kayla Bell & Kaitlyn Noonchester with 24 assists each.
- 10/16 Volleyball @ Bellevue College - Bellevue College Volleyball will host the Trojans in a league match tonight with the first set starting at 7pm. Directions to Bellevue College are under the directions link to the left.
- 10/16 Soccer travels to Mt. Vernon - The Soccer teams will travel to Mt. Vernon, WA to play the Cardinals in league games on the campus of Skagit Valley College. The Women's game starts at 2:00pm with the Men's game following at 4;15pm. Directions to SVC are under the directions link to the left.
- Volleyball beats Edmonds in four 10/9 - The league game between Everett & Edmonds volleyball teams took place at Everett CC on Oct. 9th. at 7:00pm. The first set went back and forth for a while and then Edmonds got the lead and kept it, going on to win the set by a score of 25-12. The second set also went back and forth, however Everett won it 25-20. In the third set, the Trojans and the Tritons both fought for it, but Everett won 25-16. The fourth set had the Trojans looking to end it with the win and they did with a score of 25-20. Trojan Highs: Aryn Hansen with 15 kills and 15 digs; Kahokuloa Kauhi with 12 kills and 11 digs; Leilani Hansen with 39 assists. Triton Highs: Yuremi Lopez with 9 kills; Angelica Fernandez with 27 assists; Riley Stewart with 9 kills and 10 digs; Briana Davidson with 13 digs. Everett is now 2-2 in league and 2-9 overall with 12 sets won and 26 sets lost. Edmonds is 0-4 in league and 2-10 overall with 11 sets won and 29 sets lost.
- Soccer results vs Shoreline 10/9 - The Men's & Women's Soccer Teams hosted Shoreline CC in league games on Wednesday October 9, 2013. The Men started the day off at 2pm. At the 8:55 mark, Everett's Gabriel Machias-Neri scored with the Ryan Kressly assisting. In the 39th minute, Vgo Obianozie assisted Gibril Freeman in Shoreline's goal. And while Everett, had numerous other chances to score, they were unable to and the game ended in a tie 1-1. Ian Beegle for Everett had 9 saves and so did Shoreline's Angel Cruz. Everett league record is now 1-4-2 and overall record is 1-7-2 with 5 points, 4 goals for, 21 goals against and 1 shutout. Shoreline is 1-3-3 in league and 1-7-4 overall with 6 points, 15 goals for, and 36 goals against. The Women's game began at 4:15pm, and within the first seven minutes, Everett scored their first goal by Emily Chebert with the assist to Rachel Detroit. At the 22 minute mark, Shoreline's Hayley Warren scored and was assisted by Mackenzie Bulton. The score going into half time was tied 1-1. Five minutes into the the second half, Rachel Detroit scored for the Trojans and Alexandria Wright assisted her. That was how the game finished, with Everett winning 2-1 over Shoreline. Shelby Hampton for Everett had 6 saves and Melissa Schuetze had 3 saves. Everett Women are now 6-2-1 in league and 7-4-1 overall with 19 points, 26 goals, 10 goals against and 5 shutouts. Shoreline Women are 4-4-1 in league and 7-5-1 overall with 13 points, 34 goals for, 25 goals against and 2 shutouts.
- 10/12 Soccer plays Edmonds CC - The Trojan Soccer Teams host the Edmonds CC Tritons in league play on Saturday, October 12th. The Women's game will begin at 12:00pm with the Men's game following at 2:15pm. Both games will be played at Kasch Park on Field #2. Admission is free to all and directions to the game are under the directions link to the left.
- 10/12 Cross County @ PLU Invite - The Men's & Women's Cross Country Teams travel to Tacoma, WA to participate in the PLU Invite on Saturday, October 12th, hosted by Pacific Lutheran University. For more information on this meet, please contact Head Coach Koenigs at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10/11 Volleyball @ Skagit Valley - The Volleyball Team will travel to Mt. Vernon, WA to play the Skagit Valley College Cardinals in a league match on Friday, Oct. 11th. The 3 out of 5 match will begin at 7:00pm. Directions to SVC are under the directions link to the left.
- W. Soccer beats Green River 10/5 - The Women's Soccer team traveled to Wilson Park in Auburn, WA to play a league game against the Gators of Green River CC on Saturday, October 5th. Game started at 7pm and it only took 11 minutes for the Trojans to score - goal by Alexandria Wright with the assist to Denae Weigelt. The Trojans second goal was by Bailey Ellils with the assist by Rachel Detroit in the 35th minute. The score at half time was 2-0 in favor of Everett. Six minutes into the second half, the Trojans scored again by Rachel Detroit assisted by Denae Weigelt. At the 63rd minute, the Gators scored their only goal of the game by Jamie Byarlay. Five minutes later in the 68th minute, Rebecca Carnevale scored the Trojans fourth goal with the assist to Sarah Chebert. Everett won 4-1 to improve their league record to 5-2-1 and overall record to 6-4-1, with 16 points, 24 goals for and 9 goals against with 5 shutouts. Green River is 2-5-1 in league and 5-5-2 overall with 7 points, 13 goals for, 25 goals against and 6 shutouts.
- Cross Country ran at Charles Bowles Invite 10/5 - The Men's & Women's Cross Country Teams were in Salem, OR to participate in the 2013 Charles Bowles Invitational hosted by Willamette University. The Meets took place at Bush Pasture Park. Everett's Men took 7th place and the Women took 8th. Kris Mugrage was Everett's top Men's finisher with a time of 25:36.35 while Alisha Luna was the top Women's finisher for Everett with a time of 18:59.20. Full results from this meet are under the Cross Country tab to the left or on the Athletics Blog.
- Volleyball lose to Dolphins 10/4 - The Dolphins of Shoreline CC were at EvCC's Student Fitness Center on Friday October 4th to play a league match with the Trojans. The first set began at 7pm. The match went 4 sets with the Trojans only winning the second set. Set scores in favor of the Dolphins were: 25-21, 19-25, 25-18, 25-17. Everett is now 1-2 in league and 1-9 overall with 9 sets for and 25 sets against. Shoreline is 3-1 in league and 12-9 overall with 36 sets for and 34 sets against. Trojan Highs: Aryn Hansen had 16 kills & 10 digs, Kahokuloa Kauhi had 12 digs & 9 kills, Leilani Hansen had 34 assists, Anjelica Cleveland had 17 digs. Dolphins Highs: M'Kaliah Redden had 11 kills, Elena Estrada had 32 assists, Jalyn Anderson & Emily Denham each had 13 digs.
- 10/9 Volleyball hosts Edmonds - The Tritons of Edmonds CC will be at the Student Fitness Center on Wednesday October 9th to play a league match with the Trojans. The match will start at 7pm. Admission is free to all current Students, Staff & Faculty with current ID - otherwise it is $5.00 per person 12 years old and up.
- 10/9 Soccer hosts Shoreline - There will be two league soccer games against the Dolphins of Shoreline CC on Wednesday, October 9, 2013. The Men will start the day off at 2:00pm followed by the Women at 4:15pm. Games will be played on Field #2 at Kasch Park. Directions to Kasch Park are under the directions link to the left.
- Volleyball wins in 5 at Whatcom 10/2 - On the campus of Whatcom CC, the Trojan Volleyball Team played the Orcas in a league match on Wednesday, Oct. 2nd. First set started at 7:00pm, with Everett winning by two 26-24. Everett lost the next two sets 16-25, 21-25 to be able to come back and win the fourth game again by two 25-23. In the fifth and final game, the Trojans won 15-9 to win the match. Everett improves to 1-1 in league and 1-8 overall with 8 sets for and 22 sets against. Whatcom goes to 1-2 in league and 1-9 overall with 9 sets for and 29 sets against. Trojan Highs: Vanessa VanEyk with 14 kills & 4 aces, Leilani Hansen with 35 assists & 11 digs, and Aryn Hansen with 23 digs & 4 aces. Orca Highs: Jaydee Schmidt with 18 kills & 12 digs, Grace Bills with 12 kills, Alex Wilkinson with 36 assists, Kourtney Grattic with 11 kills & 25 digs, and Sarah Tysdal with 14 digs.
- Soccer lose at Whatcom 10/2 - The Men's & Women's Soccer Teams were on the campus of Whatcom CC on Wednesday October 2nd to play the Orcas in league games. The Women started the day off at 2:00pm with the Men to follow at 4:15pm. In the Women's game, there was only one goal scored and it was in the 28th minute by Whatcom's Bailey Butcher with the assist going to Kristi Mellum. Everett's Shelby Hampton had 5 saves and Whatcom's Megan O'Keefe recorded the shutout. Everett is now 4-2-1 in league and 5-4-1 overall with 13 points, 20 goals for, 8 goals against and 5 shutouts. Whatcom is 4-0-3 in league and 5-1-3 overall with 15 points, 26 goals for, 5 goals against and 5 shutouts. In the Men's game, the Trojans scored the first goal very quickly - within the first minute of the game by Gabriel Machias-Neri and assisted by Mike Mikulsky. However, for Whatcom, Ryo Matsubara scored in the 17th minute, 35th minute and the 44th minute to give the Orcas the win 3-1. Davis Strawn gave the assist on the 17th minute goal and Codi Woodcock on the 44th goal. Trojan Ian Beegle had 5 saves and Orca Andrew Wildfong had 1 save. Everett is not 1-4-1 in league and 1-7-1 overall with 4 points, 3 goals for, 20 goals against and 1 shutout. Whatcom is 2-2-2 in league, 2-3-3 overall with 8 points, 11 goals for, 12 goals against and 2 shutouts.
- 10/5 Women's Soccer at Green River CC - The Women's Soccer team plays Green River CC on Saturday October 5th at 7pm in Auburn, WA. Directions to the Gators home field can be found under the directions link to the left.
- 10/5 Cross Country @ Willamette Invite - The Men's & Women's Cross Country Teams travel to Salem, OR to participate in the Willamette Invite on Saturday, October 5th. For more information on this meet, please contact Head Coach Koenigs at email@example.com
- Soccer split with TVCC on 9/28 - Saturday, September 28th, the Chukars of Treasure Valley CC were in Everett to play league games with the Trojans in the rain and wind. The Women's game began at 12:00pm and was followed by the Men's game at 2:15pm. Before half time at the 32nd minute, Everett's Emily Chebert scored with the assist by Denae Weigelt. At the 81st minute, Denae Weigelt scored to take the game to 2-0 with the assist to Alexandria Wright. That was the last goal of the game, for Everett to win 2-0. Everett's Shelby Hampton recorded the shutout with 1 save and the Chukars Kelsey Blacks had 6 saves. Everett is now 4-1-1 in league and 5-3-1 overall with 13 points, 20 goals for, 7 goals against and 5 shutouts. The Men's game began and went back and forth until the 53rd minute when Chukar Mo Muyumbe scored with the assist to Woody Anquiano. That was the only goal scored in the game. TVCC won 1-0. Everett's Ian Beegle had 3 saves and Javier Amaral had 4 saves. Everett is not 1-3-1 in league and 1-6-1 overall with 4 points, 2 goals for, 17 goals against and 1 shutout. Treasure Valley is 1-3-1 in league and overall with 4 points, 5 goals for, 13 goals against and 2 shutouts.
- Soccer scores from 9/27 - Columbia Basin College Hawks soccer teams were in town on Friday September 27th to play the Trojans in league play. The Men started the day off at 2:00pm with the Women following at 4:15pm. In the Men's game, there was no score in the first half of the game. The first goal of the game was scored in the 65th minute by Everett's Jonathan Perry, assisted by Guadalupe Rodriguez. In the 82nd minute, Guadalupe Rodriguez scored Everett's second goal. Four minutes later, the Hawks scored their only goal by Guillermo Silva in the 86th minute. Trojan Ian Beegle had 3 saves while Hawk Antonio Gonzalez had 2 saves. Everett gets the win by a score of 2-1. The Trojans are 1-2-1 in league and 1-5-1 overall with 4 points, 2 goals for, 17 goals against and 1 shutout. The Hawks are 1-2-1 in league and 2-5-1 overall with 4 points, 13 goals for, 16 goals against and 2 shutouts. In the Women's game, Everett's Rachel Detroit assisted by Payton Wangner scored in the 34th minute. The score at half time was 1-0 in favor of Everett. The second half, Ashley Simons scored in the 63rd minute for Everett assisted by Kassandra Blakely. Columbia Basin scored their only goal in the 76th minute by Taylor Schutzenhofer. At the 83 minute mark, Alexandria Wright scored for Everett, assisted by Julianna LaBrake and a minute later, Julianna LaBrake scored with the assist from Alexandria Wright. Trojans win 4-1. Trojan Shelby Hampton had 4 saves and Hawk Dakota Wickard had 12 saves. Everett is now 3-1-1 in league and 4-3-1 overall with 10 points, 18 goals for, 7 goals against and 4 shutouts. CBC is 1-3-1 in league and 3-3-1 overall with 4 points, 12 goals for, 10 goals against and 2 shutouts.
- 10/4 Volleyball hosts Shoreline CC - The Volleyball Team from Shoreline CC will be in Everett on Friday, October 4th to play a league match against the Trojans. The match will begin at 7pm in the Student Fitness Center. Admission is free to all current Students, Staff & Faculty with current ID - otherwise it is $5.00 per person 12 years old and up.
- 10/2 Volleyball at Whatcom - The Women's Volleyball Team will face the Orcas of Whatcom CC in Bellingham, WA on Wednesday, Oct. 2nd. The league match will begin at 7:00pm. Directions to the Whatcom campus are under the directions link to the left.
- 10/2 Soccer @ Whatcom - The Soccer Teams will travel to Whatcom CC in Bellingham, WA to take on the Orcas in league play on Wednesday, October 2nd. The Women will start the day off at 2:00pm followed by the Men at 4:15pm. Directions to WCC soccer field can be found under the directions to the left.
- Volleyball lose league opener 9/25 - The Rangers of Olympic College were in town to play the Trojans in the first league match of the 2013 season on Wednesday September 25th. Match started at 7:00pm in the Student Fitness Center. Olympic won the match in three sets with scores of 25-21, 25-8 & 25-6. For Everett, Aryn Hansen had 9 kills and 8 digs while Leilani Hansen had 17 assists. For Olympic, KC Fossum had 9 kills and Ashlee Trane had 23 assists. The Trojans are 0-1 in league and 0-8 overall with 5 sets won and 20 sets lost. The Rangers are 1-0 in league and 20-1 overall with 51 sets won and 10 sets lost.
- 9/28 Softball Sophomore Showcase - The Softball Team will be at Delta Park in Portland, OR to participate in the 2013 Fall Classic and the Sophomroe All-Star Event on Saturday, September 28th.
- 9/28 Men's & Women's Soccer host Treasure Valley CC - Saturday starting with the Women's game at 12:00pm, the Trojans will play the Treasure Valley CC Chukars in league games. The Men's game will follow at 2:15pm. Both games will be played on field #2 at Kasch Park - directions under the directions link. Admission to the games are free to everyone.
- 9/27-9/28 Baseball Sophomore Showcase - Friday & Saturday, the Trojan Baseball Team will be in Longview, WA on the campus of Lower Columbia College to participate in the Scout Day & Sophomore All-Star Event. Friday will have the Scout Day, with the Trojans showcasing their talents for 4-year college coaches. Saturday will have the Sophomore All-Star game taking place.
- 9/27 Soccer hosts Columbia Basin - The Hawks of Columbia Basin College will be in Everett on Friday, September 27th to play league games against the Trojans. The Men will start the day off at 2:00pm with the Women to follow at 4:15pm. The games will be played at Kasch Park Field #2. Admission is free to all. Directions to Kasch Park can be found under the Directions link to the left.
- Volleyball Crossover results Day 2 9/21 - The second day of the 2013 NWAACC Crossover Tournament at EvCC started with 3 games at 9am in bracket play. The games in bracket play start out being 3 out of 5 and the winner's side of the bracket stay that and the loser side goes to 2 out of 3. Blue Mountain CC beat Everett CC in 3 games (25-9, 25-13, 25-16) - sends Everett to the loser side to play at 12pm and Blue Mountain to the winner side to play at 12pm. Yakima Valley CC beat Big Bend CC (25-18, 21-25, 25-17, 25-20) - sending Big Bend to play Everett and Yakima to play Blue Mountain. Linn-Benton CC beat Treasure Valley CC (25-15, 21-25, 25-20, 22-25, 15-12) - sending Treasure Valley to play at 1:30pm and Linn-Benton to play at 12pm. In the 10:30am games, Tacoma CC beat Centralia College (25-10, 25-23, 25-15) - sending Centralia to play Treasure Valley and Tacoma to play Linn-Benton. Highline CC beat Southwestern Oregon CC (25-23, 22-25, 25-16, 25-18) - sending SWOCC to play at 1:30pm and Highline to play at 1:30pm. Olympic College beat Edmonds CC (25-13, 25-17, 25-17) - sending Edmonds to play SWOCC and Olympic to play Highline. The 12pm games started and the first done was the loser out game on the loser side - Big Bend over Everett (25-14, 20-25, 15-13) - Big Bend moved on to play in the 3:30pm game in the Consolation Championship. The next 12pm game over was the Tacoma over Linn-Benton (25-20, 25-21, 25-23) - Tacoma moved onto the 3pm Semi-final game and Linn-Benton was done. The final 12pm game had Blue Mountain over Yakima Valley (25-20, 25-18, 25-21) - Yakima was done and Blue Mountain moved onto the Semi-final game vs Tacoma. The 1:30pm games had SWOCC beating Edmonds (25-8, 25-17) - moving SWOCC to play in the 2:30pm Semi-final Consolation game, and Edmonds being done. Treasure Valley beat Centralia (17-25, 25-21, 15-13) to advance to the Semi-final Consolation at 2:30pm, and Centralia going home. Olympic beat Highline (25-20, 23-25, 25-17, 25-15) to advance to the Championship game at 4:30pm, and Highline was done. In the Semi-Final game, Blue Mountain beat Tacoma (25-22, 25-17, 25-15) to advance to the Championship game vs Olympic. In the Consolation game, Big Bend beat Treasure Valley to take 4th place (20-25, 25-19, 15-9). In the Championship game, Blue Mountain beat Olympic in three sets (25-17, 26-24, 25-19) to take 1st place; Olympic took 2nd and Tacoma took 3rd. The All-Tournament Team was named by the participating coaches and are: Aryn Hansen - EvCC; Abby Hardie - LBCC; Haley Graham - Centralia; Madison Lewis - TVCC; Ashlee Trane - Olympic; Mikaela Ballou - HCC; Anjelica Fernandez - EdCC; Shania Bateman - BBCC; Shelby Hein - YVCC; Shyanne Sadora - TCC; Kara Young - SWOCC; Crystal Schmidt - BMCC and MVP - Sam Odren - BMCC.
- Soccer lose both at Walla Walla CC 9/21 - With the Trojan Soccer Teams in Eastern Washington (they played at Wenatchee Valley on 9/20), they traveled to Walla Walla to play the Warriors of Walla Walla CC in league play on Saturday Sept. 21st. The Women began at 12pm and the Men followed at 2:15pm. In the Women's game, Julie Belden scored both of the Warriors goals - the first in the 10 minute mark and the second in the 20 minute mark. Both Warrior goals were assisted by Alli Madri, and they won 2-0. Shelby Hampton for Everett had 10 saves while Aiko Johnson for Walla Walla had 2 saves. Everett Women are now 2-1-1 in league and 3-3-1 overall with 7 points, 12 goals for, 16 goals against and 3 shutouts. Walla Walla Women are 3-0-1 in league and 7-0-1 overall with 10 points, 35 goals for and 1 goal against and 7 shutouts. In the Mens game, Everett's Ian Beegle had 16 saves, but him and the Trojans were not able to stop the Warriors. Walla Walla won 3-0 with goals by Mario Guizar in the 62nd minute (assisted by Michael Mollay); Franky Arroyo in the 68th minute (assisted by Jhony Mendoza) and Saif Al Rikabi in the 74th minute (assisted by Michael Mollay). Derek Carver recorded the shutout and had 2 saves for the Warriors. Everett Men are now 0-2-1 in league and 0-5-1 overall with 1 point, 15 goals against and 1 shutout. Walla Walla Men are 3-0-0 in league and 5-1-0 overall with 9 points, 26 goals for, 7 goals against and 3 shutouts.
- Cross Country results from 9/21 - The Men's & Women's Cross Country Teams were in Spokane, WA to participate in the 2013 Runners Soul/Erik Andersion Invitational Meet on Saturday, September 21st. The Women's Team took 14th with 393 points and the Men's Team took 12th with 358 points. The Top Women's finisher was Cassidy Brown in 50th place with a time of 23:18.07 while the Top Men's Finisher was Kris Mugrage with a time of 26:51.51. Full results for both teams are on the Cross Country page under the 2013 results page.
- Volleyball Crossover results Day 1 9/20 - Everett CC hosted the 2013 September NWAACC Crossover Tournament on Sept. 20th & 21st. The first day consisted of pool play with 3 pools and 4 teams in each pool. In Pool A, Olympic took first going 3-0; Linn-Benton took second going 2-1; Big Bend took 3rd with 1-2 and Centralia took fourth with 0-3. Pool B had Tacoma taking first with 3-0; Yakima Valley taking second with 2-2; Southwestern Oregon taking third with 1-2 and Everett taking fourth with 0-3. Pool C had Blue Mountain going 3-0 to take first; Highline taking second with 1-2; Treasure Valley taking third with 1-2 and Edmonds taking fourth with 1-2 (with the 3-way tie, it came down to point diferential). Everett's started the day playing Tacoma at 4pm. Tacoma won 2 sets to 1 with scores of 25-23, 23-25 & 15-11. Everett's second game was at 5pm vs Southwestern Oregon. This match only went 2 sets with SWOCC winning with score of 25-20 & 25-12. Everett's third and final match was at 7pm against Yakima Valley. This match went 3 sets with Yakima winning two - scores were 25-27, 25-18 & 15-6. Day 2 starts at 9am with bracket play - Linn-Benton v Treasure Valley; Blue Mountain v Everett & Yakima Valley v Big Bend.
- Soccer scores from Wenatchee 9/20 - The Men's & Women's Soccer Teams were in Wenatchee, WA to play league games with the Knights of Wenatchee Valley College on Friday, September 20th. The Women's game started at 2:00pm, and 32 minutes later, Everett's Emily Chebert scored the first goal of the game, assisted by Delaney Bateman. After half time in the 54th minute, Wenatchee's Paighton Miller scored their first and only goal. In the 68th minute Everett's Rachel Detroit scored and was assisted by Emily Chebert and then in the 78th minute Emily Chebert scored her second goal of the game wtih Rachel Detroit getting the assist. Everett Women won the game with a score of 3-1. Shelby Hampton for Everett had 2 saves and Wenatchee's Kirsten Flores had 10 saves. The Trojans league record is 2-0-1 and overall record is 3-2-1 with 7 points, 12 goals for, 4 goals against and 3 shutouts. Wenatchee Women are 0-3-0 in league and 0-5-0 overall with 2 goals for and 13 goals against. The Men's game began at 4:15pm. With six minutes left in the first half, the first goal was scored by the Knights Juan Carlos with the assist to Fabian Alvarez. There wasn't another goal scored until the 90th minute and that was by Jonathan Molina of Wenatchee and Williams Pineda assisted. When the game ended, the Knights won with a score of 2-0. Everett's Ian Beegle had 5 saves while Wenatchee's Antonio Madera had 8 saves. Everett is 0-1-1 in league and 0-4-1 overall with 1 point, 12 goals against and 1 shutout. Wenatchee is 1-2-0 in league and 2-3-1 overall with 3 points, 12 goals for, 11 goals against and 1 shutout.
- 9/25 Volleyball hosts Olympic - The first league match of the 2013 season will take place on Wednesday September 25th when the Trojans host the Rangers of Olympic College. The match will start at 7:00pm in the Student Fitness Center. Admission is $5.00 per person 12 years old and up, except for current EvCC Students, Staff, Faculty with current EvCC ID - they are Free. So come down to the gym on Wed. the 25th to watch some volleyball.
- Men's Soccer lose @ Clark College 9/18 - In a non-league game in Vancouver, WA, the Trojan Men's Soccer Team was on the campus of Clark College to play the Penguins on Wednesday, Sept 18th. Unfortunately for the Trojans, the Penguins outscored them to win the game 3-0. Penguin Bernardino Ayala-Jimenez scored in the 11th minute and the 50th minute, with both assists going to Christian Desir. In the 89th minute, Gustavo Gonzalez scored their third goal. Everett's keeper Ian Beegle had 3 saves and Clarks keeper Johnathan Morales had 4 saves. Clark is now 2-0-0 in league and 6-1-1 overall with 6 points, 17 goals for, 8 goals against and 3 shutouts. Everett is 0-0-1 in league and 0-3-1 overall with 1 point, 0 goals for, 10 goals against and 1 shutout.
- Results from Volleyball Mini Tournament 9/17 - The Trojans hosted a mini tournament on Tuesday, September 17th that had Whatcom CC, Green River CC and Pierce College participating. Everett & Whatcom are both from the North Region so they did not play each other and Green River & Pierce are both from the West Region so they did not play each other either. The 5:00pm games had Everett playing Pierce on the main court and Whatcom playing Green River on the far court. In a three game sweep, the Gators of Green River beat the Orcas of Whatcom with scores of 25-17; 25-18; & 25-16. While the Trojans won one set, the Raiders of Pierce won the match with scores of 25-23; 16-25; 25-20; & 25-18. The second matches began at 7:00pm. The Orcas while giving the Raiders a good fight, they were unable to win the match, losing in 5 sets with scores of 15-25; 21-25; 25-23; 25-16; & 15-13. Everett won the first set against the Gators but were unable to win the match, losing with scores of 20-25; 25-17; 25-15; & 25-18. Everett's overall record is 0-2 with 2 sets for and 6 sets against; Whatcom's overall record is 0-3 with 2 sets for and 9 sets against; Green River's overall record is 6-2 with 20 sets for and 9 sets against; Pierce's overall record is 5-6 with 20 sets for and 22 sets against.
- 9/21 Cross Country at Runners Soul - The Men's & Women's Cross Country Teams will be in Spokane, WA participating the 2013 Runners Soul meet on Saturday September 21st. For more information on the meet, please contact Head Coach Koenigs at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 425-388-9964 ex. 7340.
- 9/20 - 9/21 Everett Volleyball hosts Crossover - On Friday & Saturday, there will be 11 NWAACC Volleyball teams traveling to Everett to participate in the 2013 NWAACC Crossover Tournament hosted by EvCC. Friday is the pool play with Saturday being the bracket play. All pool play is 2 out of 3 while the first round of bracket will be 3 out of 5. After that the losing half of the bracket will be 2 out of 3 and the winning side will stay 3 out of 5. Pool play begins at 3:00pm on Friday and will go every hour on the hour, with the last games starting at 8:00pm. Bracket play on Saturday will start at 9:00am and go about every 1 1/2 hours until the Championship Game at 4:30pm. The teams participating are: Everett CC, Blue Mountain CC, Yakima Valley CC, Tacoma CC, Linn-Benton CC, Highline CC, Centralia College, Big Bend CC, Treasure Valley CC, Olympic College, Southwestern Oregon CC, Edmonds CC.
- 9/20 & 9/21 Soccer in Eastern Washington - The Men's & Women's Soccer Teams travel to the east side of the mountain to play league games with the Knights of Wenatchee Valley College on Friday, September 20th in Wenatchee, WA. The Women start the day off at 2:00pm and the Men follow at 4:15pm. Then on Saturday, September 21st, the Trojans will travel to Walla Walla CC in Walla Walla, WA to play the Warriors in league play. The Women once again start the day off, beginning at 12:00pm and the Men at 2:15pm. Directions to both games can be located under the directions link ont he athletics webpage.
- Women's Soccer beat Yakima Valley 9/14 - In Yakima, WA on Saturday, Sept. 14th, the Trojan Women's Soccer took on the Yaks of Yakima Valley CC in a league game. The game started at noon and 21 minutes into the game Trojan Emily Chebert scores their first goal, her sister Sarah recorded the assist. Two minutes before halftime, the Trojans scored again with a shot by Kassandra Blakely, the assist was by Rebecca Carnevale. At the end of the first half, the Trojans led 2-0 over the Yaks. Ten minutes after the start of the second half Trojan Payton Wangner took a shot on goal and succeeded in scoring. In the 69th minute, Julianna LaBrake assisted Denae Weigelt in scoring the Trojans 4th goal of the game. Trojans scored again in the 77th minute by Makenzie Terrell who was assisted by Bailey Ellis. Three minutes later Tahyler Williams scored once last time for the Trojans. The Yaks were unable to score in the 90 minute game. Trojan keeper Shelby Hampton had 4 saves and teammate Kaari Skaugrud had 3 saves. Yaks keeper Teresa Salazar had 6 saves. Everett is now 1-0-1 in league and 2-2-1 overall. They have 4 points, 9 goals for, 3 goals against and 3 shutouts. Yakima is 0-2-0 in league and 1-3-0 overall. They have 0 points, 3 goals for, 14 goals against and 0 shutouts.
- 9/18 Men's Soccer @ Clark College - The Trojans Men's Soccer Team will travel to Clark College in Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, September 18th for a non-league game with the Penguins. The game will begin at 4:00pm. Directions to Clark College's field are under the directions link to the left.
- Both Soccer games end in 0-0 tie on 9/11 - The Men's & Women's Soccer Teams from the CC's of Spokane were in town on Wednesday, Sept. 11th for league games with the Trojans. The Men started the day off at 2:00pm with the Women following at 4;15pm. Both games were well played by all four teams, and at the end of the 90 minutes of each game the score was 0-0. Everett's Ian Beegle and Shelby Hampton recorded the shutouts for the Trojans and Spokane's Curtis Hill and Emily Moscrip for the Sasquatch. Everett Men are 0-0-1 in league and 0-2-1 overall with 1 point, 0 goals for, 7 goals against and 1 shutout. Everett Women are 0-0-1 in league and 1-2-1 overall with 1 point, 3 goals for, 3 goals against, and 2 shutouts. Spokane Men are 0-0-1 in league and 4-0-2 overall with 1 point, 11 goals for, 7 goals against and 1 shutout. Spokane Women are 0-0-1 in league and 2-0-2 overall with 1 point, 10 goals for, 2 goals against, and 2 shutouts.
- 9/17 Volleyball hosts mini tournament - On Tuesday, September 17th, Whatcom CC, Green River CC and Pierce College's volleyball teams will be in Everett to participate in a mini tournament. At 5:00pm, Everett CC will play Pierce College and Whatcom CC will play Green River CC. At 7:00pm, Everett CC will play Green River CC while Whatcom CC plays Pierce College. These are non-league games for all four teams. The games will be played in the Student Fitness Center. Admission to the games will be $5.00 per person 12 years old and up, except for current EvCC Students/Staff/Faculty with current EvCC ID - they are free.
- Cross Country results from 2013 NWAACC Preview 9/7 - The Men's & Women's Cross Country Team participated in the 2013 NWAACC Preview/Clark College Invitational Meet at Lewisville Park in Battle Ground, WA on September 7th. The Women's Team won the meet with 31 points and the Men's Team took 3rd with 72 points. Top Finishers for Everett were Alisha Luna took 2nd place with a time of 19:48 and Mark Garcia took 10th with a time of 26:52.
- 9/14 Women's Soccer @ Yakima Valley CC - Saturday, September 14th, the Women's Soccer Team travels to Yakima, WA to play a league game with the Yaks of Yakima Valley CC. The game will begin at 12:00pm. Directions to the game can be located under the directions link to the left.
- 9/11 Soccer hosts CC's of Spokane - The Trojan Men's & Women's Soccer Teams will host the Sasquatch of the Community College's of Spokane in league play on Wednesday, September 11th. The games will be played at Kasch Park #2, with the Men's game starting at 2:00pm and the Women's game starting at 4:15pm. Admission is free to all.
- 9/7 Cross Country at 2013 NWAACC Preview - The Men's & Women's Cross Country Teams will travel to Battle Ground, WA to participate in the 2013 NWAACC Preview Meet hosted by Clark College. The meet will take place at Lewisville Park located at 26411 NE Lewisville Hwy. The Women's 5K will begin at 10:00am and the Men's 8K will begin at 10:45am. There will be 10 teams participating - 8 are NWAACC schools and 2 are 4-yr universities.
- Women's Soccer lose 0-1 on 9/4 - On Wednesday, September 4th, the Women's Soccer Team was at Lincoln Park in downtown Everett to play Trinity Lutheran College in a non-league game. While Everett's Shelby Hampton had 7 saves, the Trojans were unable to score on Trinity, who won 1-0. The Women's overall record now is 1-2-0.
- 9/4 Women's Soccer plays Trinity Lutheran - The Trojan Women's Soccer Team will play a non-league game against Trinity Lutheran College on September 4th, 2013. The game will be played at Lincoln Park (Trinity's home field) in Everett and will begin at 7:00pm.
- Women's Soccer lose close one 8/28 - Everett's Women's Soccer Team played the Bulldogs of Bellevue College in their second and final game of the 2013 NWAACC Friendlies Tournament on August 28th at Starfire Complex. The game was for the most part back and forth with Everett getting off 4 shots while Bellevue got off 10 shots. The Bulldogs scored in the 30th minute by Samantha Mellick and then ten minutes later in the 40th minute, Payton Kelnhofer scored their second goal. At halftime the score was 2-0 in favor of Bellevue, and that was the way it stayed for the remainder of the game. Ali Mackey recorded the shutout for Bellevue, while for Everett, Shelby Hampton had 3 saves and Kaari Skaugrud had 5 saves. Overall record for Everett is 1-1-0 and for Bellevue is 1-1-0.
- Men's Soccer lose tough one 8/28 - Peninsula College has been one of the tougher teams in the NWAACC in Men's Soccer in recent years. This year was no exception. The Trojans played the Pirates at the second day of the 2013 NWAACC Friendlies Tournament at Starfire Complex on August 28th. The game started at 4:30pm and Peninsula scored their first goal by Ashkanov Apollon 33 minutes later. In the 38th minute, Alex Martinex scored the Pirates second goal. At halftime, the score was 2-0 in favor of Peninsula. Going into the second half, both team played hard and Everett held off Peninsula until the 76th minute, when Musa Kamara scored their third goal. Two minutes later, Christopher Galea scored their fourth and final goal. The Trojans were unable to score against the Pirates, and Everett's Ian Beegle had 3 saves. Everett is now 0-2-0 overall and Peninsula is 2-0-0 overall. Trojan Sophomore Mikias Brown had this to say about the game, "I thought we all gave it our best shot. It was a challenging game, but everyone played hard. Peninsula is a good team and we definitely learned some things we need to work on as a team."
- 8/28 Soccer 2nd games at Friendlies - The Trojan Soccer Teams will once again be at Starfire Complex in Tukwila, WA to play their second games at the 2013 NWAACC Friendlies Tournament today. They both play at 4:30pm - the Men play the Peninsula College Pirates and the Women play the Bellevue College Bulldogs. Coach Willsie had this to say about Peninsula - "Peninsula is the best team in the league. Playing them will be a learning experience and we will get as much out of it as possible. There will be no negatives from this game - win or lose." Coach Kittle said this about the game with Bellevue - "I hope we come out better than yesterday - possess the ball better and create chances to score. We found ourselves in the last 25 minutes of yesterdays game and I hope it rolls into today."
- Women's Soccer win season opener 8/27 - The Trojan Women's Soccer Team beat the Knights of Wenatchee Valley College yesterday in their season opener at the 2013 NWAACC Friendlies Tournament with a score of 3-0. The Trojans first goal was scored in the 35th minutes by Rebecca Carnevale who was assisted by Rachel Detroit. That was the only goal in the first half. Fifteen minutes after half time, in the 60th minute, Denae Weigelt scored the Trojans second goal with the assist to Emily Chebert. At the 70 minute mark, Rachel Detroit assisted by Rebecca Carnevale scored the Trojans third goal. Trojan goalie Shelby Hampton recorded the shutout with 3 saves. Everett is 1-0-0 overall and Wentachee Valley is 0-1-0. When asked about the game, Head Coach Kittle had this to say, " The game was good for the teams' confidence to get the win. We are talented, but still getting to know each other. It was a win-win situation because we got the win but also improved our confidence."
- Men's Soccer lose season opener 8/27 - The Trojan Men's Soccer Team lost their season opener against Tacoma CC yesterday afternon 0-3 in their first game of the 2013 NWAACC Friendlies Tournament. The Titans first goal by Dakota Scott was in the 10 minute mark. The Trojans held them off for the next 30 minutes until Luke Logan scored in the 40th minute. Going into half time the Titans had a 2-0 lead. Ten minutes into the second half, Joe Snow scored the Titans third and final goal of the game. Trojan Ian Beegle had 6 saves. Everett is 0-1-0 overall and Tacoma is 1-0-0. According to Head Coach Willsie, "The first 30 minutes was awesome. Everett had 70% possession. We have a young team that haven't played together and it showed. Tacoma's three goals were the result of: 1st goal - Tactical error, the center mids out of position; 2nd goal - Technical error, a miskick by defender; 3rd goal - Mental error, a lack of focus. All of these errors are fixable and we will learn from this." Coach Willsie is very excited about this team and feels he has an awesome group of guys.
- 8/29 Volleyball Scrimmage - The Volleyball Team will host the Chokers of Grays Harbor College in a scrimmage match on Thursday August 29th. The scrimmage will begin at 6:00pm in the Student Fitness Center. Admission is free to all.
- 8/27 & 8/28 Women's Soccer - On Tuesday & Wednesday, August 27th & 28th, the Women's Soccer Team will be at Starfire Complex in Tukwila, WA participating in the 2013 NWAACC Friendlies Tournament. The Trojans will play at 4:30pm against the Knights of Wenatchee Valley College on the 27th and at 4:30pm on the 28th against the Bulldogs of Bellevue College. Directions to the games are located under the directions link to the left.
- 8/27 & 8/28 Men's Soccer - The Men's Soccer Team will travel to Tukwila, WA on Tuesday & Wednesday, August 27th & 28th to particiapte in the 2013 NWAACC Friendlies Tournament. On the 27th, the Trojans will play the Titans of Tacoma CC at 4:30pm and on the 28th they will play the Pirates of Peninsula College at 4:30pm. Both games will be played at Starfire Complex. Directions to Starfire Complex can be found under the Directions link to the left.
- 8/16 Volleyball Begins - The Women's Volleyball Team begins their 2013 season with their first practice starting at 6:00pm.
- 8/14 Women's Soccer Scrimmage - The Women's Soccer Team will be in Kirkland, WA to play Northwest University in a scrimmage game. The game will begin at 5:00pm. Northwest University is located at 5520-108th Ave NE., Kirkland, WA 98033.
- 8/14 Cross Country Begins - The 2013 Men's & Women's Cross Country seasons starts on the 14th. For more information please contact Coach Koenigs.
- 8/12 Soccer Begins - The Men's & Women's Soccer Teams begin their 2013 season practices at Kasch Park. Men from 1-3 and Women from 2-4.
- Fall 2013 Sports Seasons Starting Soon - The 2013 Sports seasons will be starting soon. Men's & Women's Soccer begins August 12th. Men's & Women's Cross Country begins August 14th. Volleyball begins August 16th. Fall Baseball & Softball begins September 1st. Men's & Women's Basketball begins September 22nd. To participate on any of the teams, please contact Athletic Director Larry Walker at email@example.com or 425-388-9328, or contact the Head Coach for the sport - Men's Soccer: Scott Willsie, firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-330-4956; Women's Soccer: Geoff Kittle, email@example.com or 425-238-5785; Cross Country: Matt Koenigs, firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-306-0259; Volleyball: Robyn Peckol-Filimaua, email@example.com or 425-343-9987; Baseball: Levi Lacey, firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-350-2232; Softball: Randy Smith, email@example.com or 425-879-3711; Men's Basketball: Larry Walker, firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-388-9328; Women's Basketball: Chet Hovde, email@example.com or 425-388-9326.
- Trojan Athletes moving onto the 4-year level - Several Trojan Athletes have signed or committed to participate as a student-athlete at the next level for the 2013-14 school year. As of 7/18 this is the list we have!
**Baseball - Max Whitt & Gunnar Swanson to Lewis & Clark State College; Daniel Orr, Stockton Taylor, Jon Mercer, Ryan Morgan to Corban College, Tanner Romo to Washington State University; Mitch Viydo to College of Idaho; Paul Sitkowski & Jordan Kynaston to Jamestown University; Jo Jo Howie to Virginia Commonwealth University; Rob Ingram to ABI University; Aaron Hatch to Winston-Salem State University
**Men's Basketball - Connor Donaldson to Montana State Billings
**Women's Cross Country and Track & Field - Catie Arrigoni to Eastern Washington University; Rachel Cundy to Lewis & Clark State College; Kaitlin Fisher to Western Washington University; Veronica Hall to California Baptist University; Marren Hanneberg to Brigham Young University; Katie Strong to New Mexico State University; Janell Alyea & Phung Vuong to Trinity Lutheran College; Mackenzie Wren to University of Mobile; Brenna Eldredge to Central Washington University; Jess Castor to Concordia University (OR) - T&F Only
**Men's Cross Country and Track & Field - Max Antush to Lewis & Clark State College; Hunter Hammer & Johnny Bywater to Trinity Lutheran College; Aaron Campbell & Habtamu Rubio to New Mexico State University; Taylor Guske to California Baptist University - CC Only
**Women's Soccer - Taija Bjorgo to Western Oregon University
- 2012-13 Athletes of the Year 6/19 - Last night at the 2013 Athletic Hall of Fame Banquet, the 2012-2013 Athletes of the Year were announced. They are: Male - Daniel Orr - Sophomore Baseball; Co-Female - Mindy James - Sophomore Women's Basketball & Softball and Catie Arrigoni - Sophomore Women's Cross Country & Track & Field. Full listing of their accomplishment for which they were named can be found on the Athletics Blog. Congratulations to all three recipients and best of luck to you in your future endeavors!
- 6/19 EvCC 2013 Athletic Hall of Fame Celebration - June 19th in the EvCC Student Fitness Center is the date of the 2013 EvCC Athletic Hall of Fame. Social Hour is at 6:30pm and dinner at 7:00pm, with keynote speaker Mike "Gasman" Gastineau - former KJR 950-AM sports talk radio host. Inducted will be: 6 former athletes, 1 coach, and 5 teams this year. The former athletes are: Jamie Foote, softball MVP; John Garner, baseball & football letterman; JoAnn Larson Timpone, multisport athlete; Ciara Papac, women's basketball star; Bob Whisman, golfer; Cindy Yahne Peterson, runner. Coach is: Ed Puck, N. Junior, Everett High School and EvCC coach. Was the head track coach, head golf coach and assistant football coach while at EvCC. The 5 teams are: 1953, 1954, & 1955 Trojan Golf Teams; 1959 record-setting Men's Track Team; 1960 League Championship Trojan Football Team. Inductees are selected by a committee of community members, coaches and EvCC leaders. The celebration is open to the public. Dinner is $50.00 per person for adults; $25.00 for youths. Reservations are required. Nominees and the public need to RSVP by June 10th. To RSVP - call EvCC at 425-388-9535. For more information visit www.everettcc.edu/alumni or call John Olson at 425-388-9555 or Larry Walker at 425-388-9328. Information about inductees can be found on the Athletics Blog.
- **Information Needed for June 19th Athletic Hall of Fame** - We are looking for team members of the 1959 Men's Track Team and the 1960 Football Team to notify them about the nomination and to invite them to the 2013 Athletic Hall of Fame Celebration on June 19th. If you played for either team or have contact information on anyone who did play, please contact John Olson at 425-388-9555 ASAP.
- News and Announcements Archive Spring 2013
- News and Announcements Archive Winter 2013
- News and Announcements Archive Fall 2012
- News and Announcements Archive Winter 2012 - Summer 2012
- News and Announcements Archive 2007-2011
Intercollegiate Athletics that Everett Community College Offers:
- Fall Quarter: Women's Volleyball, Men's Soccer, Women's Soccer and Men's & Women's Cross Country
- Fall & Winter Quarters: Men's Basketball and Women's Basketball
- Winter & Spring Quarters: Men's Baseball, Women's Softball and Men's & Women's Track & Field
Coaches Directory - Look Up coaches contact information
NWAACC & EvCC
Everett Community College is a member of the Northwest Athletic Association of Community Colleges (NWAACC), which includes most community colleges in Washington, Oregon, and Canada. Not all schools have all of the same athletics teams.
|Bellevue College||Clackamas CC||Everett CC||Linn-Benton CC|
|Pierce College||South Puget Sound CC||Umpqua CC||Big Bend CC|
|Clark College||Grays Harbor College||Lower Coumbia College||Portland CC|
|Southwestern Oregon CC||Walla Walla CC||Blue Mountain CC||Columbia Basin College|
|Green River CC||Mt. Hood CC||North Seattle CC||CC's of Spokane|
|Wenatchee Valley College||Centalia College||Douglas College||Highline CC|
|Olympic College||Shoreline CC||Tacoma CC||Whatcom CC|
|Chemeketa CC||Edmonds CC||Lane CC||Peninsula College|
|Skagit Valley College||Treasure Valley CC||Yakima Valley CC|
NWAACC athletes must have graduated high school or their class must have graduated; be enrolled for at least 12 credits each quarter they participate; complete at least 12 credits the quarter prior to participating; and complete at least 36 credits prior to competing a second year in the same sport. In addition, to participate a second season, athletes must maintain a 2.00 cumulative GPA.
For Directions to all NWAACC schools, gyms, and athletic fields: click on Directions link from the NWAACC website.
Intramural activities are offered each quarter and are free and open to all students, staff and faculty with valid EvCC ID, View the Intramural Activities current schedule.
There are NO Intramural Activites on Sundays nor on any day that there is no school.
For more information on Intramural Activities please contact Larry Walker, Athletic Director at 425-388-9328 or Sue Snow, Assistant Athletic DIrector at 425-388-9327.