eLearning at EvCC offers a variety of online, hybrid and web-enhanced courses which provide students who have jobs, a family, or other responsibilities with a more flexible and independent approach to their education. Attend high-quality EvCC classes taught by experienced EvCC faculty. The content and credit of eLearning courses are equivalent to traditional courses taught on campus. Online, hybrid and web-enhanced courses use Canvas as the online learning management system.
Spring Quarter 2015: March 30 - June 5th
Instructors may drop students who have not participated in Canvas by the second day of classes.
Optional Canvas Orientations:
Canvas orientations will be offered summer quarter. Dates and times will be posted soon.
If you would like to set up an individual appointment, please call or email us.
What is Canvas?
Canvas is an online tool that EvCC uses to support online, hybrid and web-enhanced courses. Faculty may use Canvas to post course content, such as a syllabus, course documents, links to articles, grades, or to hold online discussions, have students turn in homework or deliver online exams.
To log in to Canvas, go to https://everettcc.instructure.com
If you are using a mobile device app, you may be prompted for an email address and password. Enter your student ID and your pin as noted below as your login.
username = your Student Identification Number (SID)
password = your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
If you are having difficulties logging in, click on "Don't know your pin" and enter the email address that is associated with your EvCC registration. This may be a personal gmail, hotmail, yahoo, or other account. You will receive an email with a link to reset your Canvas password. If you are not receiving the link, you may need to double check the email address that you had it sent to.
Learn to Use Canvas
Learn to use Canvas and how to be a successful online student.
Click here to access our EvCC Canvas Student Orientation
Student Canvas Videos:
Click here to access short informational how-to Canvas videos.
Call or email eLearning Monday - Thursday between 8am and 5pm, and Fridays between 8am and 4pm.
Click the Help button in the upper right corner of your Canvas course screen.
You have three options:
1. Ask your instructor a question:
When is it appropriate to contact your instructor with a question?
- If you click on a link that is broken, or if assignments are not open.
- If you have a question about an assignment or the syllabus.
- If you need to report an issue in a discussion board involving other students.
- If you are in a group and students are not responding to work.
2. Search the Canvas guide:
- The Canvas student guide is very helpful, and if you have a general how-to question, this is a great place to search. Click here to be taken to the Canvas student guides.
3. Report a problem:
- Before you report a problem, be sure to search the Canvas guides if it is more of a how-to question.
- If you encounter an issue with submitting an assigment, posting on a discussion, or taking a quiz, click on report a problem. Please provide as much information as possible so that we can look into your issue as efficiently as possible.
If you use Panopto (the lecture capture software) in Canvas, click here for a how-to guide.
Contact the eLearning office at 425-388-9367 or 1-866-575-9027 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.