A quick guide to get you through your first weeks as an Everett Community College student.
Get here early, especially during the first week of the quarter.
- Directions and maps to all EvCC locations
- Campus Map
- Parking - Remember to get your parking permit. Check out this parking map to see where you can park. Like every college campus, be prepared to park and walk.
- Ride the Bus - Student bus passes!
- Carpool - Share your ride and get a cheaper parking permit and carpool parking spot.
See EvCC's class schedule online or pick up a printed copy on campus. Look up your schedule in the student kiosk. You can print your schedule at the Info Center in Parks Student Union or a computer lab.
First Day of Class - What should you bring?
Get organized before you come to class. Bring:
- A pen or pencil
- Your class schedule
- Your Student ID number
- Whatever kind of organizer you prefer
EvCC's Parks Cafe is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Drinks and snacks are also available in Parks Student Union (Bargreens Coffee, Bookstore), Whitehorse Hall (Bargreens Coffee, Bookstore annex), and Liberty Hall (Bookstore annex).
EvCC Card/Student ID
EvCC has a smarter student ID card that combines multiple uses into just one card and may be used in a variety of ways:
- Official student photo identification
- Library card to check out books
- Access to EvCC’s Student Fitness Center
- Receiving your financial aid – read more about Financial Aid
- A prepaid debit card to make purchases on campus and anywhere Debit MasterCard is accepted.
Get your EvCC Card at The Paperclip - Parks Student Union Room 203.
Email and Computer Labs
All registered students have EvCC student email accounts. Find out how to get started, forward your student email to your personal email, and more.
Need a computer? Visit an on-campus computer lab.
Pay for Classes
Student Fitness Center
EvCC's Student Fitness Center boasts a gym, cardio and weight training room, climbing wall, running track and multi-purpose small gym. For hours, check the web site. Current students, to use the gym, scan your student ID card at the front desk.
Need to use a textbook on reserve? Want to rent a Netbook computer, telecourse or calculator? The Library Media Center is your one-stop location for all of this and more, including our 24/7 Ask a Librarian research help and multiple databases. Oh yes, and you can also check out books. Located in Parks Student Union first floor (take the stairs or elevator near the bookstore).
EvCC's on-campus Early Learning Center provides accredited, licensed childcare for children ages 1-5 years.
Find out about options to help you pay for school.
Already applied for financial aid? Check your status online. Fall quarter check disbursements began Sept. 19, 2013.
Tutoring and Writing Center
The Rainier Learning Center offers free tutoring in a variety of subjects and writing support. Options are available for online students.
A few ways to have fun on campus (not a comprehensive list!)
- Student Activities Office - Parks Hall, Room 209. Campus events, student government, and much more.
- Events - Pick up your copy of the Fall quarter Student Activities Calendar at Student Activities or the Paperclip in the Parks Student Union.
- Clubs - EvCC has more than 30 student clubs
- Athletics - Intercollegiate sports
What did we miss? Send suggestions for the Survival Guide to Katherine Schiffner, EvCC Director of Public Relations.