We hope the information contained on this page will assist you in supporting your child's college experience. Some common questions are listed below. Some answers will take you to another page. If you have additional questions, please email Enrollment Services.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find out about my student’s academic record?
- What if my student is interested Running Start or ORCA?
- How much is tuition?
- Where can I find a campus events calendar?
- How does the financial aid process work?
- I pay my student's tuition. How do I do that?
- How will I know if my student is attending class?
- What is my student ultimately responsible for at EvCC?
- Can my student take a college course even though they are underage?
- What are my EvCC Dual Credit Options?
To pay your student's tuition, you must possess your student's Student Identification number (SID) and PIN, and a copy of the class schedule showing the amount owing. You can pay by credit card, or at the Cashier's Office in the Parks Student Union. For more information review our payment policies. Visit Important Dates and Deadlines for payment dates.
College instructors are not required to take or report attendance. Attendance is the student's responsibility. Instructors are not able to speak with parents (or other external parties) about a student's participation or progress, unless the student has provided written permission.
As parents, we want to assist our children in any way we can. College is an excellent time to allow your student to further develop responsibility, self-reliance, and independence. The student is responsible for:
- Registering for classes and adding/dropping classes as necessary
- Reading the materials sent by the college regarding deadlines, requirements, registration, etc.
- Working with a faculty advisor to select appropriate courses for degree completion or transfer
- Fufilling financial obligations (books, lab fees, & tuition)
- Attending and participating in all classes
- Knowing the syllabus and its contents
- Utilizing support services as needed (Center for Disability Services, Writing Center, Tutoring Center, Counseling Advising & Career Center, Diversity & Equity Center)