Running Start Application Procedure
- Discuss Running Start with your high school counselor and parent/guardian before deciding whether to apply.
- Take the placement test. Students have the choice of either taking the Asset or the Compass
- test fees must be paid prior to testing
- all three parts (Reading, Writing, and Math) must be taken
- Placement into English 101 is strongly recommended, data shows students are more successful when they place into English 101
- Obtain Everett Community College Running Start application from high school counselor. Application must be signed by student, parent and high school counselor.
- Submit the following items to the Enrollment Services office:
- signed application
- test scores
- You will receive an admissions email to the email address you provided on your application
- Complete a Mandatory Online Orientation and attend an In-person Orientation. Students should only attend the In-person orientation if they have applied to the program. Orientations will be on the main Everett Community College campus in the Jackson Auditorium on May 2, May 7, May 9, May 14 and June 13. Sessions will begin at 4:30 and 6:30. Students only need to attend one session. Parking for Orientation should be in Lots E, H or J. No parking pass will be necessary in those lots.
- Submit the Running Start Enrollment Verification Form
Application can be mailed or hand-delivered to:
Everett Community College
Running Start Program
2000 Tower St
Everett, WA 98201-1390
Once the application has been reviewed and processed, qualified students will receive information about orientation via email.
Quarterly Application Priority Deadlines
Applications submitted by the dates below will be given priority for processing and registration.
- Fall – May 1
- Winter – November 1
- Spring – February 1