The Testing Center offers EvCC placement tests, GED® testing, and several other kinds of tests.
What test do you need?
COMPASS Placement Test
Required for students new to EvCC who are taking more than 7 credits, or taking classes that have an English, Math, or reading level prerequisite. The Reading, Writing and Math scores are also used for advising.
The test is offered at EvCC's north Everett campus and EvCC's East County Campus.
Offered by appointment only. Find out how to schedule your appointment.
The Testing Center offers chemistry placement tests, world language placement tests, Air Washington testing, and proctored testing for distance classes. EvCC's East County Campus offers proctored testing and Pearson VUE testing for many information technology exams and other professional certifications. EvCC does not offer the SAT, ACT, GMAT or MBA test.
You may not need to take EvCC’s COMPASS placement test if you:
- Are a returning EvCC student who has completed the placement testing within the past 2 years, taken classes here at EvCC, and are returning after an absence of 3 or more quarters.
- Have attended another college or university and earned 45 college-level credits
- Completed college-level English Composition
- Completed college-level Intermediate Algebra
- Have completed placement testing at another college or university within the past two years.
Click for more information about placement test alternatives.
Students who need accommodation due to a disability must make special arrangements well in advance of testing. For information and assistance call 425-388-9288.