Web Resources for Teaching and Learning
Help with Teaching
- Teaching Strategies
Synthesis of outstanding sites collected by the University of Michigan with links by topic and discipline.
- University of Washington Catalyst
Great instant resources for the classroom.
- BYU Center for Teaching
Another wonderful center with practical help for teaching.
University of Washington Center for Instructional Development and Research is a national leader in faculty support and resources. This site is an excellent source, rich with information about teaching effectiveness.
- McGraw-Hill Teaching Resources
A very rich and deep resources for all aspects of teaching. This site can be a little intimidating because of the number of resources, but tough it out, the payoff is good.
- Washington State Critical Thinking Project
These folks from WSU have developed wonderful resources and information regarding critical thinking.
- Windows on Learning: Resources for Basic Skills Education.
The Carnegie Foundation helped create this wonderful site on helping our underprepared students succeed.
- Teaching Meta Cognition: Helping students build from existing cognitive structures to new structures created by learning is an important new area of discussion. John Bransford, in his book How People Learn talks about this and other issues of learning.
- Center for Instructional Innovation and Assessment, an exceptional faculty resource webpage from Western Washington University, offers practical, up to date information to help you teach and your students to learn.
- The IDEA Center designed and runs our Student Rating System. More important to most instructors are the resources, research and best practices information they have collected on their website. If you are not receiving the ratings on your course learning goals that you expect.....please take a look at this site.
IDEA Student Ratings, Local Help with EvCC issues , brought to you from the Office of Institutional Research.
Active Learning Resources
- Active/Cooperative Learning Resources
What is cooperative or active learning? This site gives an accurate and useful definition.
- Cooperative Learning Classroom Techniques
This University of Minnesota site gives information, techniques and many other resources for those interested in Cooperative learning.
- CIDR Active Learning Resources
More active learning resources from Center for Instructional Development and Research, University of Washington.
- Experiential Learning Mind Map
A help visual aid to thinking about various types and applications of experiential learning methods.
- Washington Center - Learning Communities Resources Great national resources for all things learning community. For more information about Learning Communities at Everett contact your Academic Dean.
- Inclusive Teaching
Many of our students feel disenfranchised from the classroom. Information at this site can help you understand what this issue is all about and what you can do to have a positive impact in your classes.
- Intercultural Communications
This Portland, Or. center for the study of intercultural communications is internationally know for their work and resources.
- Access and Equity
Washington Center for Improving the Quality of Undergraduate Education is a center for study and support for issues of access and equity in higher education.
- Women Faculty
Bernice Sandler shares her thoughts on Women Faculty at work in the classroom.
- Writing Across Borders
A very useful writing center webpage out of Oregon. Look at the film they have produced regarding writing
across borders. It is excellent and we have it in our library.
- North Seattle CC Teaching and Learning Center
One of the oldest and best community college teaching and learning centers in the state. Check out their work with the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
Funds for Faculty
Other Interesting Links