- What is eLearning?
- Am I ready for online learning?
- How do I enroll in an online course?
- Can I use financial aid for eLearning courses?
- How can I take placement tests if I cannot come to campus?
- Where do I get my textbooks?
The eLearning department at EvCC supports students and faculty with their usage of the college's Learning Management System, Canvas. Canvas is an online tool that can be used in multiple ways to support teaching and learning. Courses that use Canvas can be designated as fully online, hybrid, and Web-enhanced. For support or questions, you can contact eLearning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Am I ready for online learning?
To determine if online learning is right for you, ask yourself these questions:
- I can organize my time well, even when managing multiple demands.
- I have good reading and writing skills.
- I use the Internet, e-mail and word processing software regularly.
- I can spend 10-15 hours a week on each class.
- I enjoy working independently.
- If you answered "yes" to most of these statements, online courses may be a good option for you.
- Registration policies for eLearning courses are the same as for on-campus courses.
- If you have not yet been admitted to the College you should submit an application for admission well in advance of the quarter you wish to start classes. Visit Enrollment Services' How to Apply page for information on completing the online application, or speak to someone in Enrollment Services (425) 388-9219.
- All new students should request an EvCC Student I.D. number from Enrollment Services. For more information, call Enrollment Services at (425) 388-9219 or visit the EvCC Enrollment Services webpage
- Students receiving financial aid may use this funding to pay for eLearning courses. Visit the EvCC Financial Aid webpage or contact the Financial Aid Office at (425) 388-9280 with any questions, prior to enrolling.
There are several ways to do this depending upon your situation. If one of the following does not apply to you, please contact Christie Eden in the testing center at 425-388-9088.
- Find a place near your location that offers Asset, Accuplacer, or Compass testing. You may be able to test at this location and send your scores to the Enrollment Services office.
- If you have already taken Math and English courses you may request a waiver from the Enrollment Services office.
- You may find a proctor and email Christie Eden for directions.
Your books may be purchased at the EvCC Bookstore.
Your books may be purchased at the EvCC Bookstore. Tape/DVD rental is paid to the cashier. Take the receipt, and your photo ID to the Library/Media Center to check out the tape/DVD set for the quarter.
top of page