GED® testing is administered by appointment only
To begin GED® testing, you will first need to create a free account at ged.com. This account will allow you to make appointments, access your scores, and more. We are currently open for GED® testing on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Make sure that you have filled out all of the demographic information in your profile - some of it is under "Schedule a Test" rather than "My Information," and too much missing information can block you from making appointments. If you have any problems making appointments online, please call 1-877-EXAM-GED (1-877-3926-433). You will need a credit or debit card to pay for your tests through your online account. Prepaid cards such as those available at grocery stores and gas stations will also work. If you are paying for your tests with a voucher from another office or agency, please take the voucher to the Cashiers Office in the Parks Student Union, then bring your receipt to the Testing Center to schedule appointments.
- Create your on-line account at ged.com.
- Pay online for the test(s) you are ready to take. Tests are $30 each, and there are four tests in the series (total of $120).
- If you are 16-18 years old (that is, if you have not yet reached your 19th birthday) you will need to bring a completed high school release form or notarized statement of completion of a home-schooling program to the Testing Center prior to making your first appointment. We cannot test you without this form, and you will not be able to make appointments until we have received it. You must be at least 16 to test.
- You will need to bring one form of government-issued identification (such as driver's license or passport) with you to any and all testing sessions. Your identification should include your name, address, date of birth, and signature.
- Retesting may be done until minimum scores are obtained. You may re-take each of the four subject tests three times in a row (once plus two re-takes). Two discounted re-takes are provided by the GED® Testing Service at $10 each. Additional re-takes are allowed after a 60-day waiting period, and the price goes back up to $30 each. Scores do carry over from year to year until the test battery is changed. The test battery was just changed on January 1st, 2014, so it is not likely that changes will be made in the near future. Scores for Math, Science, and Social Studies are posted to your ged.com account within 1-2 business days. Language Arts will post to your ged.com account within 3-5 business days.
- No changes of any kind can be made to a GED appointment less than 24 hours in advance. You are considered no-show 15 min. after your appointment time, and will need to reschedule and pay again. Please plan accordingly.
GED® Records and Notices
If you need to verify that you have received a GED® certificate prior to Dec. 31, 2013, you can do so by creating a free account at GEDVerify.org.
GED® testing at the East County Campus will resume in early 2014. Please contact the East County campus for updates or call the East Couty campus at 425-259-8732.
GED® Scam Notice
It has come to our attention that there is a nationwide scam in which students are being offered an "online" GED certificate. The websites involved are charging hundreds of dollars for their "certificates." This is a scam! Although much of the pre-testing process is now available on-line, only tests taken at an authorized GED Testing Center (such as EvCC) can be counted towards a valid GED certificate. Please do not give these websites your money or your information.
Return to the Testing Center's main page