Financial Aid FAQ For Medical Coding and Medical Transcription/Editing

1. What type of financial aid do you offer?

  • Federal Pell Grants are awarded to eligible undergraduate students. This is the largest federal student grant program. Eligibility is determined by the U.S. Department of Education. Your award amount is based on the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) printed on the Student Aid Report (SAR) from FAFSA.
  • Federal Stafford Student loans are awarded on request to students who demonstrate financial need and are eligible.
  • State Need Grants, which come from state and federal government revenue, are offered to undergraduates who are Washington residents with great financial need. Edibility is determined using a methodology established by the state and administered by the Higher Education Coordination Board.

2. I completed my FAFSA, what happens next?

  • Once we receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Department of Education, you should expect a letter or email (or both) requesting further information. NOTE: It can take up to three weeks for us to receive your SAR after you have completed it online. We urge our students to be pro-active and contact our office each week after completing the application.
  • The letter will request that you complete and submit a Financial Aid Data Sheet and possibly some additional items. The additional items may include but are not limited to:
    • Verification of low income (see below)
    • Proof of selective service status
    • Proof of high school or GED completion
    • Proof that you are a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
    • Educational history (including an accurate report or unofficial transcript of prior earned and attempted credits)
  • If your file is selected for a Verification review process, you must also complete a Verification Worksheet and provide a signed copy of your Federal Income Tax return (if applicable) and any additional information needed to verify your income.
  • Once you have submitted all the required items your file will be reviewed by your financial aid evaluator. It is important that you respond promptly if any additional items are requested or if clarification is required to ensure your financial aid review process is not delayed.
  • You will be notified via email once your financial aid has been reviewed.

For more information on what happens during the financial aid process and what to expect, download the How to Apply for Financial Aid for the MT/MC Programs Acrobat PDF Reader Icon information sheets.

3. How long does the review process take?

Financial Aid files are reviewed in the order received and the review process can take an average of 3 to 6 weeks and is dependent on student response time as well as paperwork volume in the financial aid office. You will be notified via email once your file has been reviewed.

4. How much will I receive?

It depends on your eligibility. It is a very complicated question as each student and their situation is unique. We will not know until we have completed your financial aid review. Once we have determined your eligibility, you will be notified.

5. I need to drop my class (es), what effect will this have on my financial aid?

Before you make this decision, please read our Conditions of Award Acrobat PDF Reader Icon and Satisfactory Academic Progress Acrobat PDF Reader Icon (SAP) information first. Then, if you have questions, please contact the financial aid office. If you do decide to withdraw, please contact the Health Professions Service Center at

6. What if I need to change my enrollment to less than full-time after my aid has disbursed?

Contact financial aid immediately at 425.388.9157 or toll-free at 1.866.304.3822, option #2, as changes to your enrollment level may significantly impact your financial aid eligibility.

7. How do I change my address and contact information?

If you move or change your contact information, advise financial aid in writing immediately. Additionally, you must change your contact information on your MyEvCC Student Portal page or contact Enrollment Services, if for some reason your address does not stay corrected, at 425.388.9219.

NOTE: When financial aid checks are mailed to students, they go to the address on file with Enrollment Services.

8. I have a student loan for one quarter, why did I only receive part of my loan?

Since your student loan was for one quarter within a particular school year, your funds will come in two (2) disbursements with the second one coming half-way through the quarter.

9. I am a first-time college student and have taken out a student loan. Why do I have to wait 30 days before my loan funds will disburse?

Federal regulations require that we place a 30-day delay on the disbursement of loan funds for first-time college students. Once the funds have been disbursed to the college, you should receive your check in approximately ten (10) business days.

10. I have some questions about the program, who do I contact?

If you have general questions about the program or need assistance with registration or admissions to the college, contact the Medical Transcription and Medical Coding Program office at:

Toll-free at 1.866.304.3822, option 1

11. I completed my FAFSA between January and April for the upcoming school year. Why has the school not yet received my FAFSA info?

Our Financial Aid office does not typically begin uploading the next year's next year's FAFSA's until some time in April. If you do not receive a letter and/or email from us by the end of April, stay pro-active and give us a call or email to see if your FAFSA has uploaded into our system.

Once we receive your FAFSA we will request further information from you. You should respond promptly to avoid any delays in processing your financial aid file. As the FAFSA submission deadline approaches you will need to make sure that you have all of your information in our office by the deadline.