The Everett Community College campus will be a place where Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual, and other identities (LGBTQIA+) students, staff and faculty feel safe, comfortable, accepted and supported.
Through an institutional commitment to education, advocacy, programs and services, the Everett Community College Safe Zone Program will create and sustain an environment that is free of homophobia, transphobia and heterosexism.
We are mindful of the ever changing acronym and therefore would like to recognize anyone who identifies as a member of the community. Below is a list of terms that acronym LGBTQIA+ can stand for:
- Two spirit
- Any other identity
- Advocate for the rights of LGBTQIA+ students, staff and faculty through education, programs and services.
- Promote educational programs including: panel discussions, seminars, workshops, lectures and conferences.
- Provide services including: counseling, referrals to community agencies, resources for faculty, staff and students.
- Support and empower the Triangle Alliance Club.
- Recommend the establishment of college policy and administrative procedures that assure full, equal, involvement for LGBTQIA+ students and staff in all aspects of the college.
- Act as a catalyst for the creation of a campus environment free from fear, prejudice, bigotry, harassment, and violence for LGBTQIA+ students and staff.
- Provide Support for the EvCC Pride Center
- Coordinate Safe Zone Training sessions
For more information or to schedule a Safe Zone training, please contact Safe Zone: email@example.com
Gender Neutral Bathrooms
Safe Zone is advocating for awareness of the college's gender-neutral bathrooms and working with Everett Community College administration to increase the number of gender-neutral, family friendly, and physically accessible bathrooms at EvCC locations.
The Pride Center is a place where students can ask questions, seek support and resources, and feel safe to be who they are. Thanks to the continuing strong support of students, staff, faculty and administration from across the campus, and partnership between Student Life, the Diversity and Equity Center, Triangle Alliance and Safe Zone, the EvCC Pride Center is open Monday through Friday. The Pride Center is located in the Parks Student Union, Room 221-B.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Online Resources
View online resources on campus and locally for the LGBTQIA+ community. Information is available such as scholarships, on-campus programs, local organizations and much more!