You are eligible to receive a refund due to a credit balance on your student account if your payments (personal, financial aid, scholarships, etc.) exceed your charges. These refunds are delivered to you through the EvCC Card program.
Refund Method Options:
1. Direct Deposit - What it is: an electronic transfer of your refund into your personal checking or savings account. In most cases, funds are available in 1-2 business days. You will need your to have your account and routing numbers available when you sign up on the EvCC Card site.
2. U.S. Bank Prepaid Debit MasterCard® - What it is: a U.S. Bank Prepaid Debit MasterCard® account that is attached to your EvCC Card. When your refund is ready, it will be loaded onto your card. You can make purchases anywhere MasterCard is accepted and withdraw cash for free at any domestic U.S. Bank and MoneyPass ATMs. Certain fees may apply to the use of the card. In most cases, funds are available the same day. To sign up for this choose the U.S. Bank Debit Prepaid Card option when you make your selection from the EvCC Card Account Center Site. Find more information on the U.S. Bank Debit Prepaid MasterCard here.
3. Paper Check - if you do not elect an electronic refund method, a check will be mailed to the address on file at Everett Community College. In most cases, checks will be mailed out in 1-2 business days and arrive within 3-7 business days. Please ensure your mailing address is up to date in the Financial Aid Portal.
How to sign up
- Pick up your EvCC Card.
- Register the card online.
- Choose your financial aid disbursement preference.
How to choose your refund method
- Visit the EvCC Card website to register your card.
Choose your refund method:
- Direct deposit: enter your bank account information.
U.S. Bank Prepaid debit MasterCard: complete the online registration to open your account.
If you do not choose a refund method, a check will be mailed to you.
Get more information about applying for aid, deadlines and aid disbursement on the Financial Aid website.