Now that I have been admitted to the program, what’s next?
You must complete an additional 20 credits of Honors courses:
- 10 credits in HN-sections AND/OR Honors Contracts in 2 different DTA distribution areas (Distribution areas are Humanities, Social Sciences, & Natural Sciences)
HUM 195 & HUM 196 Courses (5 credits total)
- The 5-credit Capstone Project
What are the three types of Honors classes?
- Honors 'HN'-section = An Honors section of an existing, high-enrollment transfer-level course. Honors students will receive a code for priority registration in these courses.
- Honors Contract = Only for students admitted to the Honors Program. Any transfer-level course can be taken for Honors credit by arrangement between a student and an instructor. To initiate an Honors Contract in a course you’re taking, you would first find out if the instructor is willing, and then write up a proposal/contract to be approved by the Honors Director. If approved and successfully completed, the word “Honors” will be inserted into the course title on your transcript.
- Honors Capstone Project = Only for students admitted to the Honors Program. A directed independent study for 5-credits, the project may be spread across 1-3 quarters. To initiate an Honors Capstone Project, you would first find out if an instructor is willing, and then write up a proposal/contract to be approved by the Honors Director. This project would complete the academic portfolio you first created in HUM 195 HN.
How do I finish?
Once you have met the program requirements just described, including an EvCC College-Level GPA of 3.5 or better, you apply for designation as an Honors Program Graduate. That achievement will be noted on your transcript.