EvCC student, Elizabeth Kennedy, visited a tea plantation during Study Abroad Indonesia 2014
Study Abroad in Indonesia - 2016
Travel to Indonesia with EvCC for a two-week adventure in central Java. Details about the 2016 trip coming soon, but the 2014 trip included overnight excursions to the Bromo volcano and Hindu Javanese highlands, to Blitar to see ancient Javanese temples & to the Indian Ocean. And a candlelight dinner by a temple.
New for 2016: Optional extension to Bali where you engage in service learning. Ideal opportunity to volunteer as you learn more about Indonesia.
- Java: June 12-29, 2016 -- 16 days (excluding travel time)
- Bali (optional): June 29-July 10, 2016 -- 10 days (excluding travel time)
Interested? Application and other required paperwork:
- Study Abroad Indonesia application form & guidelines
- Study Abroad Indonesia application checklist
- EvCC liability release form
- EvCC emergency contact form
Program costs (excludes international airfare, tuition/fees, and related expenses):
Costs (excludes international airfare, personal expenses & passport fees).
- Java Central/East Java $3800 (Includes program costs and 5 quarter credits) -- Washington community colleges students discounted $500
- Optional Bali extension $1750 (Includes program costs and 2 quarter credits) -- Washington community colleges students discounted $250
- Study Abroad Indonesia payment schedule
- Fundraising suggestions
Want more information?
- Global Studies 281D syllabus (DRAFT: subject to change) -- Java
- Global Studies or Anthropology 182 syllabus (TBA) -- Bali
- Bahasa Indonesia basic vocabulary & Bahasa Indonesia “survival phrases”
- Student checklist for Study Abroad programs
- Study Abroad Indonesia tips & suggestions
- Study Abroad Indonesia packing list
Study Abroad Policies
|EvCC student Elizabeth Kennedy picks tea leaves on a tour of a tea plantation in Java, Indonesia in June 2014.|