EvCC student Elizabeth Kennedy picks tea leaves on a tour of a tea plantation in Java, Indonesia in June 2014.
Study Abroad in Indonesia - 2015
Travel to Indonesia with EvCC for a two-week adventure in central Java. Details about the 2015 trip coming soon, but the 2014 trip included overnight excursions to the Bromo volcano and Hindu Javanese highlands, to Blitar to see ancient Javanese temples, and to the Indian Ocean. And a candlelight dinner in a temple.
New for 2015: Optional extension to Bali where you engage in service learning. Ideal opportunity to volunteer as you learn more about Indonesia.
- Central/East Java (June 13-30) -- 16 days (excluding travel time)
- Bali extension (optional): June 30-July 11 -- 10 days (excluding travel time)
Interested? Application and other required paperwork:
- Study Abroad Indonesia Application form & guidelines
- Study Abroad Indonesia Application checklist
- EvCC Liability Release form
- EvCC Emergency Contact form
Program costs (excludes international airfare, tuition/fees, and related expenses):
- Central/East Java $2587.50 ($162/day) & Bali extension ($1250 ($125/day)
- Cost comparison (Study Abroad Indonesia with Overseas Adventure Travel)
- Study Abroad Indonesia payment schedule
- Fundraising suggestions
Want more information?
- Global Studies 281D syllabus (DRAFT: subject to change) -- Java
- Global Studies or Anthropology 182 syllabus (TBA) -- Bali
- Bahasa Indonesia basic vocabulary & Bahasa Indonesia “survival phrases”
- Student Checklist for Study Abroad Programs
- Study Abroad Indonesia Tips & Suggestions
- Study Abroad Indonesia packing list
Study Abroad Policies