The annual retreat provides opportunities to share big ideas and best practices by creating meaningful interactions among the campus community.
Thriving in a Three Ring Circus!
16th Annual Teaching and Learning Retreat
Rosario Beach Marine Laboratory
February 16-17, 2018
For those of you who have not attended in the past, here is a quick overview:
- There is no cost to attend - lodging and meals are provided! The Retreat is funded by the EvCC Teaching and Learning budget.
- The purpose of the retreat is to "share big ideas and best practices by creating meaningful interactions among the campus community."
- There will be a variety of sessions and activities so that we all walk away renewed, refreshed and excited about the work that we do together.
- All EvCC employees are invited to participate in the retreat.
- You do not have to attend the entire retreat. The Friday evening session (starting with dinner) is an opportunity to get to know each other and to focus on a specific topic. Saturday will be packed with sessions and activities from 9:00 until 4:00 p.m.
Past Retreat information
Back to the Beach!
February 17-18, 2017
Learning is Alive! Transforming Teaching & Learning
February 12-13, 2016
What are you AFRAID of? Risk. Failure. Success.
February 13-14, 2015
50 Shades of Red: From Hot Topics to Cool Ideas
February 14-15, 2014
Illuminate: From One to Many
February 15-17, 2013
The Power of Ones: One Idea Can Change how we think, what we learn and who we are
February 17-19, 2012
The Everett Tapestry: Changing the design of our college through homegrown innovation
Campus Conversations: Creative Innovative Learning Experiences
January 12-14, 2007
Minding Our Business: Working together to Enhance Student Learning
January 13-15, 2006
January 14-16, 2005
Defining Our Guiding Principles as Educators
January 16-18, 2004
Curriculum Planning Retreat for the Development of Learning Community Courses
January 17-19, 2003