All Workforce Training Programs prepare students to be job ready, technically excellent, culturally literate, ethically grounded, future oriented, and skilled in collaboration.
To achieve these core themes, the Computer Information Systems Department supports EvCC's Core Learning Outcomes in addition to the following program-specific outcomes.
Computer Information Systems Program Outcomes
- Assess business problems and implement the best solutions both independently and as a dependable team member
- Demonstrate how and when to self-start, especially in learning and seeking new knowledge, and anticipate and prepare for a variety of unknown situations that might impact the operation of a computer system or network in an ever-changing industry.
- Communicate both in writing and verbally about computing concepts and processes using technical terms effectively to both professional and lay audiences in order to secure and maintain employment.
- Operate ethically, integrating, law, company rules and policies, and individual decision-making to foster personal growth and better appreciate the diverse world in which we live.
- Demonstrate knowledge of mathematics and logical approaches to problem solving in order to analyze a situation and anticipate and prepare for a variety of unknown events that might impact the operation of a computer system or network.
- Demonstrate technical computing skills to prepare for industry certification or to be technically competent in a particular computing position or job field.
- Demonstrate safe work habits that reflect concern and care for self and an understanding of the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society in the context of sustainability.