The GED® is four separate tests that assess the knowledge and skills equivalent to high school graduates. You can take all four tests - together or separately - at the East County Campus. Please follow the direction below to sign up for your GED® test. On GED.com, we are called Everett Community College East County Campus. You need to select this campus if you want to utilize the East County Campus Testing Center.
This information will help you get started:
Create your free on-line account at ged.com.
- Pay on-line for the test(s) you are ready to take. Tests are $30 each and there are four tests in the series (total of $120). You will need a credit, debit or pre-paid card to pay online. If you are paying with a voucher from another office or agency, please bring the voucher to TYE 283 in the Lake Tye Building, before your test appointment.
- If you are 16-18 years old (that is, if you have not yet reached your 19th birthday) you will need to bring a completed high school release form or notarized statement of completion of a home-schooling program to the Testing Center prior to making your first appointment. We cannot test you without this form, and you will not be able to make appointments until we have received it. You must be at least 16 to test.
- You will need to bring one form of government-issued identification (such as driver's license or passport) with you to any and all testing sessions. Your identification should include your name, address, date of birth, and signature.
- Retesting may be done until minimum scores are obtained. You may re-take each of the four subject tests three times in a row (once, plus two re-takes). Two discounted re-takes are provided by the GED® Testing Service at $10 each. Additional re-takes are allowed after a 60-day waiting period, and the price goes back up to $30 each. Scores do carry over from year to year until the test battery is changed. The test battery was changed on January 1st, 2014, so it is not likely that changes will be made in the near future. Scores for Math, Science, and Social Studies are posted to your ged.com account within 1-2 business days. Language Arts will post to your ged.com account within 3-5 business days.
- No changes of any kind can be made to a GED® appointment less than 24 hours in advance. You are considered no-show 15 min. after your appointment time, and will need to reschedule and pay again. Please plan accordingly.
If you have any problems setting up your account or making appointments online, please call 1-877-EXAM-GED (1-877-392-6433).
Tips: The East County Campus also offers GED® prep classes. The GED® test is computer based, but it must be taken at an authorized testing site like the East County Campus. Beware of web sites that offer students online GED® certificates for hundreds of dollars; these are scams. For more information about GED testing and classes, visit the EvCC GED® page.