- Were you disappointed with your placement score?
- Think you're really ready for English 97 or 98?
- Want to get your pre-reqs out of the way?
- Do we have a deal for you!
The Basic Writing Boot Camp
Spend 16 hours over four days learning those basic writing skills you may have missed in grammar school or forgotten from high school. (And who hasn't forgotten a few?) The Basic Writing Boot Camp can give you the jumpstart you need to build skills for success in your English classes.
You're probably wondering a few things, like...
- Is it expensive? Not at all. It's free!
- Will it affect my GPA? Nope. No credit attached to the boot camp.
- Am I eligible for the boot camp? Yes, if you're a new student who tested into English 90 or 92, or a current student who tested into English 90 or 92 but hasn't taken an English class.
Registration Information Contact:
- Cathie Wamsley in GWH 322 (425-388-9387) email@example.com or
- Cathy Groger in GWH 318 (425-388-9320) firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Jennifer Beebe in GWH 315 (425-388-9180) email@example.com
To successfully complete the boot camp and be eligible for English 97 or higher, students must:
- Attend all four days (December 10-13, 10am-2pm). Full attendance is required: A tardy, absence, or early departure will result in immediate withdrawal of the student by the instructor.
- Do the required daily work
- Pass the final writing assignment on Thursday the 13th.
General Boot Camp Information
Date: December 10, 11, 12, 13, 2012
Place: Gray Wolf Hall 164
Free - No credit - Available to students who tested into 90 or 92 but have not yet taken an English class