Welcome To The Medical Assisting Program
Medical Assistants enjoy an exciting, challenging career that is essential to patient care. Medical assistants are multi-skilled health professionals specifically educated to work in ambulatory settings performing administrative and clinical duties. The practice of medical assisting directly influences the public’s health and well-being, and requires mastery of a complex body of knowledge and specialized skills requiring both formal education and practical experience that serve as standards for entry into the profession.
EvCC offers a nationally accredited certificate program, one of the nation's best based on the number of students who pass the national examination. Employers prefer to hire certified workers who have passed the national exam. You can earn a Certificate in Medical Assisting (85 credits) with the options of an Associate in Technical Arts (90 credits) or Associate in Applied Science-Transfer (105 credits).
The Everett Community College Medical Assisting Certificate Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB). Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 25400 U.S. Highway 19 N, Suite 158, Clearwater, FL, 33763. Phone: 727-210-2350.
The Opportunity Grant is a state-funded grant to train low-income adults for high-wage, high-demand careers.
Five Year Averaged Statistics:
1. Student Retention Rate: Average student retention rate of 89.14%.
2. Graduates and Employers Satisfaction: Surveys are collected on an on-going and quarterly basis.
- Graduates report 100% satisfaction (29.79% return rate)
- Employers report 100% satisfaction (42.06% return rate)
3. National Certification Exams: Graduates must pass one of four exams in order to work in Washington State (RCW 18.360)
- CMA (AAMA): 88.1% participation and 83.78% pass rate
- Other exam results are not directly reported to the College
There are a number of support services available to assist students in successfully completing the program.