Phlebotomy Technician Program Outcomes
The student outcomes of the Phlebotomy Technician program are:
• To prepare competent entry-level phlebotomy technician in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domain.
• To prepare students to perform within the ethical and legal boundaries of the phlebotomy technician’s scope of practice.
• To prepare students to integrate and value the needs of the individual patient, within his/her family, culture, society and health circumstances.
• To prepare students to display professionalism and cultural sensitivity while interacting and communicating with providers, staff and patients.
• To prepare student to participate as team players within the various settings of health care delivery.
• To prepare students to maintain currency within their field through continuing education.
• To prepare students to integrate and promote the Phlebotomy Technician, PBT(ASCP) credential.