The Criminal Justice Program supports the college-wide Core Learning Outcomes, in addition to promoting the following Program-Specific Outcomes:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the historic origins, structure, and operation of our American Criminal Justice system.
- Demonstrate how an ethical criminal justice system and participatory citizenship protect constitutional freedoms.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the laws, Constitutional requirements, and legally defined procedures that criminal justice professionals have to adhere to when working within the field of criminal justice.
- Articulate ethical implications of decision making in a professional capacity.
- Develop and demonstrate sufficient critical self-awareness to understand the influence of personal biases and values when interacting with diverse groups.
- Demonstate oral communications skills and writing proficiency.