(AAS-T) Fire Science Program Outcomes:
Develop the basic firefighting fundamentals for entry into the fire service.
Gain knowledge on emergency management, scene control, and extinguishing fires.
Understand the responsibilities of fire prevention, inspections and public relations.
Gain knowledge and understanding of the information and training required to work at the officer level in the fire service.
(ATA) Fire Service Management & Administration Program Outcomes:
- Have an understanding of positive customer service skills and ability to implement customer service skills in a variety of situations.
- Understand basic business communication skills and have ability to implement in a variety of situations through different media.
- Assume the role of a company level fire officer including compliance/accountability issues and appropriate supervisory practices employing effective leadership skills, conflict resolution, ethics, and delegation.
- Identify fire protection systems used in construction and modifications including sprinkler systems, extinguishing agents, early warning devices as well as action planning and tactical objectives for managing incidents involving hazardous materials.
- Practice the principles of effective risk management during incident operations including managing emergency scene safety with multiple responding units regarding the resources of time, personnel, equipment and jurisdictional authority.