Honors - For Faculty
What is the nature of our Honors Program?
Honors is an open-access program. Students self-identify by earning at least a B in ENGL& 101 and then successfully completing certain initial Honors courses. Once they meet the established criteria they will fill out a brief application form and will be automatically accepted into the program.
View the map that shows the pathway to leaving EvCC as an Honors Program graduate.
Faculty 411 Making Capstone Contracts
Faculty 411 Making Honors Class Contracts
- To enhance the probabilty of successful student transfer after a completion of the transfer degree
- To instill confidence and pride in academic success
- To facilitate skills necessary for academic success
- To build an academic community, assuring retention and sense of connection to the campus
- To foster intellectual curiosity and the love of learning
- To promote active learning, critical thinking, and information literacy
- To create a laboratory for curriculum and instructor development
How can faculty get involved?
Participation is voluntary. All faculty, whether full-time or associate, are invited.
There are 3 types of courses:
Is there any extra compensation?
There is a modest sum set aside for faculty involvement in Honors Contracts and Honors Capstone Projects. H-section instructors receive no extra compenstaion.