Applying for Financial Aid
Applying for financial aid is easy; you can even apply before being accepted to EvCC. The financial aid process is as follows:
- You complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Renewal Application if you are a returning student at www.fafsa.gov
- EvCC Federal School Code is 003776
- Once the Department of Education has received and processed your FAFSA, EvCC Financial Aid Department will receive your information electronically. If you provided an email and/or mailing address on your FAFSA, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). Please note, the SAR is the Department of Education's response to your FAFSA.
- If your SAR indicates that changes are necessary, please go to www.fafsa.gov and make the necessary corrections.
- Once EvCC has received your processed application, the Financial Aid Department will mail you information requesting any additonal documents necessary to prepare your file for review. This could include:
- EvCC Data Sheet: 13-14 Financial Aid Data Sheet (for Summer 2013, Fall 2013, Winter 2014 & Spring 2014)
- Verification Worksheet: If you have been selected for verfication by the Department of Education or the EvCC Financial Aid Department. A 2012 Tax Transcripts may also be required and can be requested on www.irs.gov.
- Additional Documentation: Please respond to any other requests for information as quickly as possible when you file review is underway. Your financial aid award will not be determined until our office has received all requests items. Find the forms you need here.
- Application for Admission: Apply for admission to Everett Community College if you are a new student. If you have previously earned credits from another college, have official grade transcripts sent to Enrollment Services. Important: You must provide your social security number on your Admissions application for financial aid purposes.
For a general overview of the financial aid process, including how to prepare for college, types of aid you may be eligible for, basic eligibility requirements, how to repay your student loans, please visit www.studentaid.gov.