Student Ambassadors - Get more than a job!
What is the Student Ambassador Program?
The Student Ambassador Program is a leadership opportunity for students who are dedicated to serving and representing Everett Community College. Student Ambassadors provide campus tours, serve as an EvCC representative and perform duties at various EvCC campus and community events. Student Ambassadors also serve in two areas within Student Activities, the Student Activities Office and the Paperclip where they act as a first point of contact to visitors, both by phone and in person.
Ambassador Service Areas
Student Activities Office
The Student Activities Office provides services such as flyer posting, scheduling for the Club Resource Center, information and referrals. The Student Activities Office also handles a multitude of questions about EvCC Student Clubs, ASB Student Senate, EvCC Graduation Ceremony and how to sign up for a campus tour. Student Activities Office is responsible for graduation RSVP, ceremony ticket distribution and all questions regarding how to participate in the EvCC graduation ceremony.
The Paperclip provides services such as student photo IDs, employee ID badges, free Internet access student lounge and computer use. The Paperclip also sells scantrons, pencils, copy cards, diploma covers and stamps. They also assist in the coordination of recreation ticket sales for the campus community.
What does a Student Ambassador do?
- Welcome and greet public at Student Activities Office and The Paperclip.
- Provide various services and referrals to the campus.
- Develop an expanded knowledge of Everett Community College.
- Conduct campus tours for new students, schools, classes, and guests.
- Represent Everett Community College during college events.
- Assist with duties and tasks related to events put on by various Everett Community College departments.
- Work with diverse populations and provide tips on being a successful student.
- Maintain Student Activities appearance and professionalism.
- Assist with variety of office related tasks.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and required trainings.
- All other duties as assigned.
What are the benefits of becoming a Student Ambassador?
As a Student Ambassador you will develop a wide range of transferrable skills that will benefit you. Employers, colleges and universities are looking for more than just good grades; they want community involvement and service! Student Ambassadors will gain leadership skills that will help build your resume, university and scholarship applications. You will earn letters of recommendations, get connected to and serve your campus, and help students and the community learn more about Everett Community College.
Becoming a Student Ambassador
- Must be a currently enrolled Everett Community College student.
- Must be currently enrolled in at least 10 credits or be registered for 10 credits the quarter the position would begin.
- Must have a quarterly and cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.
- Position has a one academic year commitment. (Fall 2013-Spring 2014)
- Demonstrate strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, dependability, discipline and enthusiasm.
- Are positive
- Excel at communicating with others
- Provide excellent customer service
- Have EvCC Spirit
- Are open to learning new things
- Have a commitment diversity and cultural pluralism
To apply, please complete and submit the following:
- Complete the Student Ambassador Application.
- Complete Student Ambassador Questionnaire. (Located in the Student Activities Office.)
- Turn in application to the Student Activities Office, PSU 209 or email to email@example.com.
- We are currently full for the academic year 2013-2014. Feel free to turn in an application for filing incase an opening does occur.
For questions or more information contact:
Program Support Supervisor
Student Activities Office, PSU 209
425-388-9507 or firstname.lastname@example.org