Student Ambassadors - Learn & Earn
What is the Student Ambassador Program?
The Student Ambassador Program is a leadership opportunity for students who are dedicated to serving and representing Everett Community College. Student Ambassadors work the Student Activities front desk, provide campus tours, serve as an EvCC representative and perform duties at various EvCC campus and community events. Student Ambassadors also assist the EvCC community and public both in person and by phone during their assigned office hours. They provide information and referral services to departments and people on campus.
What does a Student Ambassadors do?
- Develop an expanded knowledge of Everett Community College.
- Welcome and greet public at Student Activities front desk.
- Provide campus tours for prospective and new students, conferences, events and activities.
- Represent Everett Community College during college events.
- Assist with duties and tasks related to events put on by various Everett Community College departments.
- Work with diverse populations and provide tips on being a successful student.
- Give proper referrals for staff, faculty, students and campus community
- Maintain Student Activities Office appearance and professionalism.
- Assist with variety of office related tasks.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
All other duties as assigned and required trainings.
What are the benefits of becoming a Student Ambassador?
As a Student Ambassador you will develop a wide range of transferrable skills that will benefit you! Employers, colleges and universities are looking for more than just good grades; they want community involvement and service! Student Ambassadors will gain leadership skills that will help build your resume, university and scholarship applications. You will earn letters of recommendations, get connected to and serve your campus, and help students and the community learn more about Everett Community College.
Becoming a Student Ambassador
- Must be a currently enrolled Everett Community College student.
- Must be currently enrolled in at least 10 credits or be registered for 10 credits the quarter the position would begin.
- Must have a quarterly and cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.
- Position has a one academic year commitment. (Fall 2012-Spring 2013)
- Demonstrate strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, dependability, discipline and enthusiasm.
Student Ambassadors have:
- Positive Attitudes
- Good Communication Skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- EvCC Spirit
- A willingness to learn
- A commitment to diversity and cultural pluralism
To apply, please complete and submit the following:
- Complete the Student Ambassador Application.
- Complete Student Ambassador Questionnaire. (Located in the Student Ambassador Application. )
- Turn in application to the Student Activities Office, PSU 209 or email it to Brittany Padgett at email@example.com before the deadline.
- Thursday, May 16, 2013 by 6pm – Coordinator position deadline
- Monday, August 12, 2013 by 6pm - Ambassador positions deadline
For questions or more information contact:
Program Support Supervisor
Student Activities Office, PSU 209
425-388-9507 or firstname.lastname@example.org