Where to Get Your Card
The Paperclip, Parks Student Union, Room 203.
Fall, Winter & Spring Quarter:
Monday - Thursday 8am-7pm
Hours subject to change due to campus events and activities. Hours between quarters will vary. Please call 425-388-9258 if you have questions about a specific date or time.
You must pick up your card in person (including students taking classes online, at Aviation Maintenance and Cosmetology). For students taking classes at EvCC's East County campus, call 425-259-8732.
What to bring
1. Your Everett Community College student ID number (SID). Look up your SID here.
2. A government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport.
What can I use my EvCC Student ID for?
There are a range of uses for your student ID at EvCC. Check out some of the benefits!
- Official EvCC student photo ID
- EvCC Library card
- Check out netbooks
- Free access to the fitness center
- Free access to student campus activities and EvCC athletic events.
Note: Do not attempt to modify the card in any way such as punching a hole in the card to hang on a lanyard. You may need to scan or swipe your card. For example, to check out library books.
Due to federal regulation changes, the banking functions of the EvCC card (student ID card) are being discontinued. Your EvCC Card will still be your student ID. If you are receiving financial aid, a check will be mailed to the address you have on file with the college.
- Manage your card: EvCC Card services are managed on a website not hosted by the college. Log in to manage your card.
How long is it valid for?
Your student ID if valid during the time you are enrolled on campus.
Lost or stolen cards
If your EvCC Student ID card is lost or stolen, immediately call EvCC Card Customer Service at 1-888-833-8693. For a replacement card, visit the Paperclip. There is a $10 fee to replace your lost or stolen EvCC Student ID card.