Everett Community College Mission, Vision, Strategic Priorities, Core Values & Core Themes
Everett Community College creates a better world one successful student at a time.
We educate, equip, and inspire each student to achieve personal and professional goals, contribute to our diverse communities, and thrive in a global society.
- We will provide guidance and support to improve each student’s capacity for college completion, job readiness, and career success.
- We measure our success by each student’s achievement of educational, personal, and professional goals.
- We provide open access to affordable education to all members of our community.
Innovation and Leadership
- We infuse innovative learning and state-of-the-art pedagogy--such as an emphasis on critical thinking and collaborative learning—into all course offerings.
- Our infrastructure supports innovative instruction, prepares students for technologies of the future, and links education and training to high demand career paths.
- We anticipate and respond boldly to opportunities and challenges, and innovate to stay ahead in a competitive environment.
- We practice evidence-based decision-making throughout the college.
Community Connections and Partnerships
- We listen and respond to community needs.
- We build trust and accountability with our local, regional, and global communities through frequent and effective communication.
- We actively develop strategic networks and partnerships to advance institutional innovation, strengthen student learning, and drive workforce development and economic vitality for our region.
- We collaborate with our K-20 partners to create seamless educational pathways for our students.
- We enrich our communities and enhance the quality of community life.
Cultural Pluralism and Global Readiness
- We develop cultural competencies in faculty, staff and students.
- We integrate global/cultural connections and awareness in our curriculum and programs.
- We develop a pervasive campus culture of respect, advocacy, and engagement for all.
- We embrace smaller groups within our campus community and support their unique cultural identities, values and practices.
- We prepare students to participate as global citizens and to succeed in a global economy.
- We seek financial stability by developing strong and diverse revenue streams.
- We invest in our employees.
- We invest in physical facilities to enhance the learning environment.
- We practice environmental, economic, and social sustainability across the campus.
- We are responsible stewards of our limited resources – proactive in fiscal planning and efficient in our practices.
Promise: We value, respect, and act on behalf of each student’s educational needs and aspirations
Purpose: We embrace the transforming value of learning for ourselves, our students, and our community
Progress: We strive always to innovate, improve, and advance
People: We nurture a campus community that is culturally competent and inspired to engage, collaborate, and grow
Partners: We connect constructively with the communities we are here to serve
Practice: We model evidence based decision-making, equity and inclusiveness, stewardship, and sustainability
Access: We provide Access to higher education for each student seeking to achieve personal and professional goals, contribute to our diverse communities, and thrive in a global society.
Readiness: We inspire each student to succeed by supporting Readiness for college through Basic Skills and Developmental Education.
Workforce Education and Training: We equip each student to succeed in business and industry through Workforce Education and Training.
Transfer Education: We educate each student to succeed in baccalaureate and graduate education throughTransfer Education.