Goal: Develop and implement an integrated, institution-wide plan for enrollment management that ensures a predictable, growing pipeline of individuals, especially those from underrepresented communities, enroll in and connect seamlessly with the institution en route to achieving their education and career goals.
- Develop goals for the number and types of students needed to fulfill our institutional mission
- Develop and lead implementation of strategic outreach/recruitment priorities and strategies to ensure predictable, growing enrollments (FTE) aligned with performance based funding frameworks.
- Track student retention, completions, and transition to 4-year institutions or employment.
- Identify and address barriers to student recruitment, enrollment, completion, and graduation.
- Monitor education program viability and recommend new program initiatives.
- Align with and support Guided Pathways, Achieving the Dream, and other student success efforts
Goal: Develop “an integrated, institution-wide approach to student success based on intentionally designed, clear, coherent, and structured educational experiences, informed by available evidence, that guide each student effectively and efficiently from point of entry through to attainment of high-quality postsecondary credentials and careers with value in the labor market.” (GP: Overview Issues Brief, SBCTC)
Major Activities (excerpted from College Spark Participation Agreement)
- Redesign and make systemic changes to student intake (assessment, advising, orientation, registration, class scheduling); academic programs; student supports; curriculum; and instruction.
- Conduct a critical review of the extent to which the college’s academic programs provide a clear and educationally coherent pathway for students to further their education and/or directly lead to jobs in fields of economic importance to our college’s service area.
- Require students to choose a Program of Study within two quarters of enrollment; providing students with default course enrollment and consistent scheduling, and instituting intrusive advising and student supports that support progression and completion.
- Reconfigure developmental education to ensure students enter their Program of Study as quickly as possible; implement strategies that allow underrepresented students to enroll directly into college-level gate keeper courses with additional supports; and, for students who need a prerequisite approach, redesign developmental education to be a contextualized onramp to Programs of Study.
- Develop and offer multiple pathways aligned with Pathways and where possible contextualized to programs of study.
- Streamline curricula, which may result in a reduction of the credit hours students must complete for degree attainment.