Voices of EvCC
Voices of EvCC is an oral history project created to record, share, and preserve the stories of Everett Community College students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Twenty-five people participated in March 2010.
Maurice Edlund, Captain of Everett Junior College's 1947 football team.
After World War II, Maurice came home and went to college, leading a football team of almost all veterans.
Listen to his story.
- Mohamed Amer - EvCC international student from Egypt
- Jean Berkey - Washington State Senator, EvCC alumna
- Akwasi Dampson, Njabulo Mdima, Vivian Sit - EvCC international students from Ghana, South Africa, and Brazil
- Carl Delica - EvCC nursing student
- Maurice Edlund - Captain of Everett Junior College's undefeated 1947 football team
- Rich Haldi - Former Vice President for Student Services, recently retired after 37 years at EvCC
- Larry Hanson - Former publisher of The Herald, EvCC alumnus
- Laura Hedges - Former EvCC Gender Equity Specialist and Women's Services Manager
- Karena Hooks - Coordinator of Advising and Outreach in Enrollment Services
- Ted Keaton - Former EvCC student, Reading and Study Skills instructor, and Adult Education coordinator
- Christine Kerlin - Vice President of the University Center and Strategic Planning for EvCC
- Dave McCourt - Former EvCC political science and history instructor
- John Meyer- EvCC Opportunity grant counselor
- Ed Morrow - Everett Junior College alumnus, former school district administrator, elected official, and community supporter
- Betty Morrow - Retired EvCC ABE faculty member who started the Adult Literacy Program on campus
- Larry O'Donnell - Everett historian who attended Everett Junior College in 1956.
- Harry Spencer - 1947 Everett Junior College alumnus
- Denise Sutton - EvCC Reading and Study Skills student
- Brent Thompson - ASB President 2009-10, returned to college at age 38
- Joan Tucker - Former director of EvCC's Women's Center
- Marsha Valentine - EvCC yoga instructor
- Larry Walker - EvCC Athletics Director
- Lloyd Weller - EvCC photography instructor, taught for 40 years
"Voices of EvCC" is a project of EvCC's 2010 Leadership Academy Team "Plan B" which includes Kathy Baringer, University Center; Manfred Ehrlich, IT; Katherine Schiffner, College Advancement; Phebe Shen, English instructor; and Carrie Wyatt, Student Services.
The project would not be possible without audio engineer Lacie Juris, a classroom support technician for EvCC's Arts and Learning Resources Division and her supervisor, Greg Kammer.