EvCC has been a tobacco-free campus since 2012. EvCC offers free employee Wellness classes before the workday begins, and also during the lunch hour. These classes operate in our Student Fitness Center. Employees participate in the College's Wellness Team - a group of people who share a desire to maintain healthy lifestyles, and help organize related events, informational discussions and other fun activities for the entire campus!
Some of our Wellness Team activities have included:
- Pedometer Challenge - Free pedometers for participants and weekly "celebrity" walks with Deans and VPs
- Lunch & Learn Events - Participants bring brown bag lunches and learn about topics related to Wellness (finances, nutrition, stress management etc.)
- Spring Training - Participants set goals and track their progress, encourage one another along the way. Those who completed Spring Training attended an Everett AquaSox Game to celebrate success!
Recently, the EvCC Wellness Team was awarded the Zo8 Award! The Zo 8 Award recognizes organizations for completing the eight standards for one year. This means that we have:
- Gained Leadership Support
- Formed a Wellness Team
- Collected Data
- Created a Plan
- Selected and Promoted Activities
- Created Policies
- Evaluated Progress
- Shared Results
Our campus was also recognized as a Fit-Friendly Worksite at a Platinum level by the American Heart Association (AHA)! According to the AHA, this means we have not only recognized the importance of a healthy workplace for our employees but have taken important steps to create a culture of wellness by providing support to employees.
We are 1 of only 18 Higher Education institutions who who received the Platinum Fit-Friendly Worksite Award, and 1 of only 25 institutions nationally who received both the Platinum award and Worksite Innovation award!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or find out how to get involved!