Frequently Asked Questions

Who is eligible to live in student housing?

Any registered Everett Community College or student who is 18 at the time of move-in is eligible to live in student housing. Beginning in Fall 2017, we will also be able to accept students from WSU North Puget Sound. Unfortunately we are not able to offer housing to those with pets, children, or families.

Is student housing only available to international students and athletes?

No! Anyone can apply to live in student housing. Some of our students are from other countries such as Japan, China, Korea, and Hong Kong. Others are from as close by as Marysville and Lake Stevens.

Can I take a tour of the building before I apply or move in?

Of course! We would prefer that tours be scheduled in advance so that our staff can be prepared to assist you. To schedule a tour, please visit

Can I use my financial aid to pay for housing?

Possibly! Because each student's award package is unique, please speak directly with Financial Aid to ask about your options.

What if I’m not able to make the full quarterly payment?

A deferred payment plan and monthly installment payment plan is available for students who would like to separate their quarterly payment into installments.

Can I stay in student housing for only one quarter? Do I have to re-apply each quarter?

Students can elect to stay for 1, 2, 3, or 4 quarters at a time. You do not have to re-apply to extend your stay.

How and when do I pay?

Payment for student housing is due on the first day of each quarter. Students can pay by either visiting the Cashiers Office or by using the online Credit Card Payment.

Is cable TV included?

Unfortunately cable tv is not available or included in the student rooms. When asking our students what they wanted for the new residence hall, the feedback was "We watch a lot of Netflix and Hulu - please just give us really good wifi!" Wireless internet is included and available in all student room. Our community room will have a large television in it with cable provided.

Do you offer storage?

No storage of personal belongings is available to residents other than student rooms.

Where do I park my car if I live in student housing?

Parking is available right next to the residence hall in Lot I. Residents will be required to purchase an EvCC parking pass.

Are there meal plans available for residents?

While we do not offer meal plans to students at this time, access to the cafeteria in the Parks Student Union is available during the weekdays from 7:00am - 5:30pm Monday through Thursday and 9:30am - 1:30pm on Friday. The cafeteria is closed on the weekends. Cooking and finding food will be your responsibility. There is a shared kitchen on each floor of the residence hall with a stove, oven, sink and food prep area. We recommend that you plan to purchase cooking utensils upon your arrival.