- Congratulations Women's Soccer - The Trojan Women's Soccer Team beat the Titans of Lane CC on Saturday afternoon - Nov. 12th, to advance to the 2011 NWAACC Championship Tournament. This is the first time that the Trojans Women's Soccer Team has made it to the Championships. They will face Walla Walla CC at 10:30am on Saturday November 19th at Starfire Field Complex in Tukwila, WA. The winner of that game will advance to the Championship game against the winner of the Peninsula College/Clackamas CC game that plays at 1:00pm on Nov. 19th. The Championship game will be played Sunday, November 20th at 3:00pm.
- Congratulations Men's & Women's Cross Country Teams - On the morning of Saturday November, 12th, Everett CC hosted the 2011 Men's & Women's NWAACC Championships that were held at Legion Memorial Golf Course. EvCC Runners had a terrific showing with the Men's Team finishing with a score of 21 and the Women's Team finishing with a score of 56. Both Teams took first place and they also won the Combined Title as well. Bereket Piatt was the Men's Champion finishing the race in 24:32, while Katie Strong was EvCC's top Women's finisher in 7th place with a time of 18:44. In the Men's race EvCC had the following places - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 9th, 19th. The Women finished in 7th, 11th, 13th, 14th, 20th, 24th, & 27th. EvCC Head Coach Matt Koenigs was named as the Men's Coach of the Year, and Treasure Valley CC's Blas Guerra was named the Women's Coach of the Year. Great Job!!!
- Congratulations to 2 Trojan Volleyball Players - Thursday at the Northern Region Volleyball Coaches Meeting, two EvCC Volleyball Players were named to the Northern Region All-Star Honorable Mention List - Freshman Aryn Crane and Freshman Haley Sakai. The coaches named 6 players and 1 MVP to the First Team and 6 players to the Second Team. The Sophomore All-Star Team was also named that night. Unfortunately, EvCC did not have any sophomores on their roster this season so they will not have any on the Sophomore Team. The Sophomore Team will play other regions at the Sophomore All-Star Event that will take place at Mt. Hood CC on Sunday November 20th. Great Job Ladies!
- Congratulations Men's Soccer - The Trojan Men's Soccer Team traveled to Ontario, OR to play the Chukars of Treasure Valley CC in a 1st Round NWAACC 2011 Playoff Game on Wednesday November 9th. They beat the Chukars 3-1 to advance to the 2nd Round of Playoffs which will take place Saturday November 12th, in Port Angeles, WA against the Pirates of Peninsula College. The winner of this 2nd Round will advance to the 2011 NWAACC Soccer Championship Games on November 19th & 20th at Starfire Complex in Tukwila, WA.
- Women's Soccer Opponent named - The Trojan Women's Soccer Team had a bye in the 1st Round of the 2011 NWAACC Playoffs due to their 1st place finish in the Northern Region. They had to wait until the 1st Round games were completed to determine their opponent in the 2nd Round. They host the winner of the South #2 v West #3 game at 2pm on Saturday November 12th at Kasch Park. Lane CC (South #2) beat Bellevue College (West #3) 1-0 to advance to the 2nd Round against the Trojans.
- Men's Basketball Scrimmage - Wednesday November 9th at 7pm, the Trojan Men's Basketball Team will host the Washington Rampage in a scrimmage game. The Rampage is a semi-pro team that plays in the ABA with some local talent on the team along with at least one Trojan Alumni - Pat Mattson. It should be a great game to watch! It will be in the Student Fitness Center and admission is free!
- Women's Basketball Scrimmage - Monday November 7th, the Trojan Women's Basketball Team will host Northwest University out of Kirkland, WA in a scrimmage game at the Student Fitness Center starting at 4pm. Admission is free to all.
- Congratulations - Women's Soccer Team 2011 Northern Region Champions! With a 10-5-1 League record, the 2011 Women's Soccer Team has clinched the Northern Region Champion title for the second year in a row. They have an overall record of 12-5-2, with 31 points, 51 goals scored, 15 goals scored against and 9 shutouts. Due to the first place finish in league, the Trojans will have a bye in the first round of the 2011 NWAACC Playoffs. They will host the winner of the first round on Saturday November 12th at 2pm at Kasch Park.
- Great job Men's Soccer Team - The 2011 Men's Soccer Team has clinched the 3rd place spot in the Northern Region and will be playing in the post season. They finish regular season play with a 5-7-1 league record, 16 points, a 5-10-1 overall record, 21 goals scored, 34 goals scored against and 4 shutouts. On Wednesday, November 9th, they will be in Ontario, OR to play the first round playoff game with the Chukars of Treasure Valley CC - the 2nd place team in the Eastern Region.
- Final Fall Sports NWAACC Polls for 2011 - The NWAACC released the most current and final Coaches Polls for Soccer and Volleyball for the 2011 seasons. Great job Women's Soccer for remaining in the 4th spot for the second poll in a row. Unfortunately neither the Men's Soccer Team nor the Volleyball were on this poll. For complete poll results, please check out the Athletics Blog.
- Cross Country Athlete of the Week - Congratulations to freshman - Katie Strong for being named Cross Country Female Athlete of the Week for her performance at the Northern Region Championships on October 28th. She took 1st place that the Meet with a time of 17:59.7 in the 5K run.
- Baseball 2012 Pre-Season Polls - NWAACC & ABCA - October 28th was the release date of the Baseball 2012 Pre-Season Polls for the NWAACC and the ABCA - American Baseball Coaches Association Junior College Pacific Association Division. While Everett was not on the top 25 in the ABCA Poll - they did receive votes. There were six NWAACC teams in the top 25 of that poll, with Bellevue College sitting in 3rd position. On the NWAACC poll - the Trojans were ranked in the 7th spot. There are two other Northern Region teams in the top 8 - Bellevue College #1 & Edmonds CC #5.
- 2011 Volleyball Dig For The Cure - Monday, October 24th is the Trojan Volleyball Team's Dig For The Cure Match with Olympic College. Game time is 7pm at the Student Fitness Center. We will be collecting donations for the Susan G. Komen Foundation in hopes of finding a cure for breast cancer. Please come out, wear pink and support Trojan Volleyball!
- Women's Soccer 1st in the North - With a 4-0 win over Green River CC on Wed. 10/19 and a 3-0 win over Edmonds CC on Sat. 10/22, the Trojan Women's Soccer team is sitting in sole possession of 1st place in the Northern Region. They have an overall record of 11-3-1 and a league record of 9-3-0. They have 27 points, 8 shutouts, 47 goals scored and only 10 goals scored against. Great Job Ladies!
- 4th NWAACC Fall Sports Coaches Polls - October 20th was the release date for the most current Coaches Polls for Volleyball and Soccer. Congratulations out to the Trojan Women's Soccer Team for not only being on the Poll once again, but for moving up two spots from the previous poll to #4. Complete Poll results can be found under the Athletics Blog. The next poll is set to be released on November 3rd.
- Volleyball starts 2nd half of season - On Wednesday, October 19th, the Trojans will travel to Bellevue College to play the Bulldogs in league play. This is also the start of the second half of the 2011 season.
- Basketball 2011-12 seasons - Monday October 17th was the first practice for the Men's & Women's Basketball Teams for the 2011-12 season. The Women's team will begin their play by participating in the Bellevue College scrimmage on Saturday October 29th.
- Congratulations Volleyball Freshman - Aryn Crane has been named to the Pierce College Crossover All-Tournament Team for her play at their two-day event on October 14th & 15th in Lakewood, WA.
- EvCC Invite - October 7th - There were 8 Men's Cross Country Teams and 7 Women's Cross Country Teams participating in the 2011 EvCC Invitational/NWAACC Preview at the Legion Memorial Golf Course. Congratulations to both EvCC Men's & Women's Teams for each taking 1st place. The Men had a score of 24 and the Women had a score of 34. Everett's Bryton Reim won the Men's race with a time of 25:49 while in the Women's race Everett's Lacey Wagner took 3rd with a time of 18:50.
- NWAACC 3rd Coaches Polls for Fall Sports - October 6th was the release date for the 3rd NWAACC Coaches Polls for the 2011 Fall Team Sports - Volleyball, Women's Soccer and Men's Soccer. The next poll will be released on October 20th. In the most current polls - the Women's Soccer Team remained in the 6th spot as they were in the previous poll. Great job Ladies! For complete poll results check out the Athletics Blog.
- Men's Soccer - With the 1-2 loss to Edmonds CC on Wednesday October 5th - the Men's Soccer Team moves down one spot to 2nd place in the Northern Region with a league record of 1-4-1 and 4 points.
- Women's Soccer - After the 1-0 win over Edmonds CC on Wednesday October 5th - the Women's Soccer Team has the 1st place spot all to themselves with a 5-2-0 league record and 15 points.
- EvCC Cross Country Invite - Friday, October 7th - EvCC will host the EvCC Invite/2011 NWAACC Preview at Legion Memorial Golf Course with a start time of 4:30pm.
- Women's Soccer Tied for 1st - With the 4-1 win over Tacoma CC on Saturday, September 24th, the Trojan Women's Soccer Team is now tied for 1st place in the Northern Region with a league record of 4-2-0 and 12 points. They have a 6-2-1 overall record and have scored 26 goals and only allowed for 8 goals to be scored against them and have 3 shut outs.
- Men's Soccer Tied for 1st - On Saturday September 24th, the Trojans beat the Titans of Tacoma CC 3-0 to help them tie with Edmonds CC for 1st place in the Northern Region. They have a 1-3-1 league record, 4 points and have scored 8 goals while allowing 24 goals against them. They have a 1-6-1 overall record and 1 shut out.
- EvCC School 8K Record broken/set - Saturday, September 24th at the Charles Bowles Willamette Invitational in Salem, OR, Men's Cross Country Sophomore, Bryton Reim broke the previous school record in the 8K with a time of 24:45.00. The previous record, set in 1982 by Dave Dye was 24:52.50. In the first meet of the 2011 season, Bryton became the second runner to be under the 25:00 minute mark with a time of 24:59.96.
- NWAACC Coaches Poll released - The second 2011 NWAACC Coaches Polls for Volleyball and Men's & Women's Soccer were released on September 22nd. While the Trojans have yet to make it into the Volleyball or the Men's Soccer Polls, the Women's Soccer Team is still sitting in the top 8. They did move down from 3rd to 6th, but they are still ranked. Great job Ladies. The next coaches poll will be released on October 11th. For complete results of these polls, check out the Athletics Blog.
- Volleyball starts league play - Wednesday, September 21st - the Trojans host the Bulldogs of Bellevue College in the first league match of the 2011 season.
- Cross Country Athlete of the Week #2 - Congratulations go out to Men's Cross Country Sophomore - Bryton Reim for being named the Men's XC Athlete of the Week for week #2. Bryton had a spectacular time at the Sundodger Invitational of 25:00 for the 8K race. He placed 6th in the race overall and was the first CC athlete to finish.
- Volleyball Player of the Week #3 - Tuesday September 20th the NWAACC Offensive and Defensive POW's for week 3 were released. Teams from each region nominate players from their team to be the regional POW and from those regional POW's there is 1 NWAACC Offensive and 1 NWAACC Defensive Player of the Week announced. Two Trojan Volleyball Players were not only named as the Northern Region Offensive and Defensive POW's, but they also were named as the NWAACC Offensive and Defensive Players of the Week for Week #3 (Sept 12th - Sept 18th). Aryn Crane was named Offensive and Missy Marasigan was named Defensive. Aryn is a freshman from Wasilla, AK and Missy is a freshman from Henry M. Jackson HS in Mill Creek, WA. Congratulations Ladies!
- Trojan Volleyball Player named to All -Tournament Team - Congratulations to freshman, Aryn Crane for being named to the Clackamas CC Crossover All-Tournament Team on Sunday September 18th. The Trojans were in Oregon City, OR to participate in the two-day event at Clackamas CC - were they played in the consolation match with Big Bend CC on Sunday afternoon.
- Soccer starts league play - Wednesday September 14th - the Women & Men's Soccer Teams host the Highline CC Thunderbirds in their first cross-region league play of the 2011 season. This year on the rotation - the North and West are cross regions and the South and East are the other cross region. This means that we will play the west teams in either home or away games and the other north teams in both home and away games and those results will determine league standings.
- First NWAACC Coaches Polls of the 2011-12 seasons released - September 9th was the release date of the 2011 NWAACC Coaches Poll for Volleyball and Soccer. The Women's Soccer Team was ranked 3rd in the poll behind Walla Walla CC & CC's of Spokane. For full poll results - check out the Athletics Blog. The next poll will be released on September 22nd.
- Fall 2011 Sports begin their games - Trojan Volleyball begins their 2011 season with two non-league home matches on August 30th against Yakima Valley CC and on August 31st against Green River CC. Trojan Soccer begins theirs seasons by participating in the 2011 NWAACC Friendly's Tournament at Starfire Complex on August 31st and September 1st. The Women face Clackamas CC on August 31st and Chemeketa CC on September 1st. The Men face South Puget Sound CC on August 31st and Pierce College on September 1st. Cross Country has their first meet on September 17th at the Sundodger Invite in Seattle, WA.
- 2011 Fall Sports - Women's Volleyball, Men's & Women's Soccer and Men's & Women's Cross Country begin August 15th. For more information, please contact the head coach of that team or the Athletic Director, Larry Walker at 425-388-9328.
- Volleyball Open Gyms - Starting Thursday July 7th - EvCC will offer Volleyball Open Gyms on Thursday evenings from 6pm-9pm for $3.00 per person. This will be for 6 weeks and then will start again in November 2011 and it is open to the public.
- 2 Trojans named to 2011 All NWAACC Team - Infielder Mike Gange and Pitcher Ricky Holm were both named to the 2nd Team of the All NWAACC Baseball Team. Congratulations!
- Baseball @ NWAACC's - It wasn't the Trojans' year at the NWAACC Championship Tournament as they went two an out at the tournament with a 4-9 loss to Lane CC on May 26th and a 4-7 loss to Pierce College on May 27th. They finished their 2011 season with an overall record of 34-11.
- Northern Region Softball Players Announced - Seven Trojan Softball Players have been named to the 2011 Northern Region All-Star Team. On the 1st Team - Miranda Granger, Allie Milless, Jenna Will. On the 2nd Team - Lisa Allen, Jill Suratt, Melissa Webster, Jennifer Zenger.
- Northern Region Baseball All-Stars & Gold Glove recipients named - The Trojans have many players named as Northern Region All-Stars. On the 1st Team - Infielders Mike Gange & Nate Mullins; Pitchers Ricky Holm & Danny Romero; Relief Pitcher Alex Shaffer; and Utility Player Tyler Holm. On the 2nd Team - Infielder Craig Monson; Outfielder David Amberson; Pitcher Chris Seybold; Designated Hitter Max Foster. Head Coach Lacey was named as Co-Coach of the Year. As for the Northern Region Gold Glove, those named are: Pitcher Ricky Holm, Infielder Mike Gange & Outfielder David Amberson. Congratulations!
- 2010-11 Male & Female Athletes of the Year - At the EvCC Athletic Hall of Fame Banquet, two current student athletes were named as the 2010-11 Male & Female Athletes of the Year. Men's Basketball Sophomore - Aaron Matzen & Softball Sophomore - Allie Milless. Congratulations and Good Luck next year!
- Track & Field 2011 All-Americans - Three EvCC Track & Field Athletes were named as 2011 All-Americans - Seth Pierson in the 1500M Run; Malaki Seanoa in the Javelin Throw; and Janell Alyea in the Discus Throw.
- 4 named to 2011 NWAACC Softball All-Tournament Team - The Trojans had four players named to the 2011 NWAACC Championship All-Tournament Team this afternoon - May 23rd. Pitcher, Allie Milless; 1st Base - Melissa Webster; 2nd Base - Jenna Will; and Catcher - Jennifer Zenger. Great Job Ladies and congratulations on this wonderful achievement!
- Coach Smith named NWAACC Softball Coach of the Year - With the NWAACC 2011 Softball Championship coming to an end today, May 23rd in Portland, OR, with the Trojans losing to the Mt. Hood CC Saints in the Championship Game, Trojan Head Coach Randy Smith was named the 2011 NWAACC Softball Coach of the Year. Congratulations Coach Smith!
- Softball Takes 2nd Place @ NWAACC Championship Tournament - The Trojans had a great run for the 2011 Championship Title - unfortunately, they lost to the Saints in the Championship Game 3-11. This is the first time the Trojans have placed at the tournament in Everett's 12 year softball history.
- Congratulations Trojan Baseball - The 2011 Trojan Baseball Team will go into the 2011 NWAACC Championship Tournament as the #1 Seed from the Northern Region. Bellevue College will be the #2 Seed. The Championship Tournament will be held at Lower Columbia College in Longview, WA, May 26th - May 30th. They earned the #1 seed by winning the Northern Region Playoff Tournament that was held May 20th - 22nd at Bellevue College between the top 4 teams in the North. They lost their first game to Edmonds CC 1-6 on Friday and then beat Skagit Valley College 8-4 and Edmonds CC 7-6 on Saturday and then beat Bellevue College 9-5 on Sunday to win the tournament and be the #1 Seed for the NWAACC Tournament.
- Softball @ NWAACC's Day 3 - The third day of the 2011 NWAACC Tournament started off great for the Trojans. They beat Bellevue College in their first game of the day 17-9. Which is awesome due to the fact that Bellevue went 24-0 in league play and only had one loss going into the championship tournament. In their second game of the day the beat Wenatchee Valley College 8-6 to advance to the Championship Game against Mt. Hood CC - a re-match from the second day. The Trojans must beat the Saints of Mt. Hood CC twice to take the 2011 NWAACC Title. First game is at 11am on Monday May 23rd. GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!
- Track & Field Teams leave for NWAACC's - Sunday May 22nd - the Trojan Men's & Women's Track & Field Teams left for Spokane, WA this morning to participate in the 2011 NWAACC Track & Field Championships at Spokane Falls CC that will take place Monday & Tuesday, May 23rd & 24th. Good Luck Trojans!
- Softball @ NWAACC's Day 2 - The Trojans lost to Mt. Hood CC 2-3 in their first game on Saturday May 21st at the NWAACC Championships in Portland, OR. That loss put them into the losers bracket and if they lose again, their tournament is over. However that didn't happen on Saturday, because in their second game of the day, they beat the Community College's of Spokane 4-3.
- Softball @ NWAACC's Day 1- The Trojan Softball Team had a strong showing on the first day of the 2011 NWAACC Championship Tournament - beating South Puget Sound CC 10-0 in their first game and then beating Walla Walla CC 6-5 in their second game on Friday May 20th.
- Trojan Baseball Finishes League in 2nd Place - With a league record of 20-4, the Trojans will finish the 2011 league season in 2nd place behind Bellevue College. They will participate in the Northern Region Playoff Series on May 20th - 22nd at Bellevue College. This series involves the top four teams from the North playing in a mini double elimination tournament to determine the second team to represent the North at the NWAACC Championship tournament and the seeding for those two teams. Bellevue has an automatic berth to the Championship tournament due to them taking 1st place in league.
- Final NWAACC Coaches Polls for 2011 - On May 16th, the NWAACC released the final Coaches Polls for Baseball and Softball for the 2011 seasons. The Trojans were #2 on the Baseball Poll and received votes on the Softball Poll. For complete poll results - check out the Athletics Blog!
- Softball Finishes in 3rd place - The Trojan Softball Team finished the 2011 regular season in 3rd place in the Northern Region. This 3rd place finish gives them an entrance into the 2011 NWAACC Championship Tournament that will take place May 20-23, 2011 at Delta Park in Portland, OR. In the first round of play at the Championship Tournament, they will face the Clippers of South Puget Sound CC at 11:30am on May 20th. Good Luck Ladies!
- Baseball Finishes Regular Season - With four wins over Olympic College on May 12th & 13th - The Trojans have completed the 2011 regular season of play with an overall record of 30-8 and a league record of 20-4. Now they are just waiting for some teams to complete their seasons to determine if there is a playoff series or not. Stay tuned for that information!
- Track & Field to NWAACC Championships - The 2011 Men's & Women's NWAACC Track & Field Championships will be held at Spokane Falls Community College in Spokane, WA on Monday & Tuesday, May 23rd & 24th. Congratulations Trojan Athletes and Good Luck at the Championship Meet!
- Softball Wins by Edmonds CC Forfeit - Today, May 12th was to be the last regular season home double header, sophomore appreciation and BBQ. However, Edmonds CC forfeited about an hour an half before the game was to start. So today the Trojans will still have their sophomore appreciation and BBQ that will start at 2pm at their home field - Everett Boys & Girls Club located at 2316-12th St. in North Everett! Thank you Sophomores for two great seasons!
- Baseball Game Dates Changed - Due to scheduling conflicts and possible bad weather - The Trojan baseball games that were to take place this upcoming Saturday & Sunday with Olympic College have been moved to Thursday 5/12 and Friday 5/13. Thursdays double header will be at home starting at 4pm and Friday's double header will be at Olympic's home field (See directions link to the left for directions to their field) starting at 5pm. These are the final two regular season league games of the 2011 season. Good Luck Trojans!
- May 9th NWAACC Coaches Polls - May 9th saw the release of the most current Baseball & Softball Coaches Polls. The Trojans were #4 on the Baseball Poll - up one spot from the May 2nd Poll while the Softball team wasn't on the top 8, however they did receive some votes. The Final Poll is to be released on May 16th.
- Softball Makeup v Edmonds CC & BBQ- Thursday May 12th The Trojans will host Edmonds CC in the last home league double header of the season. First game will begin at 2pm. With this being the final home game for the Trojans, and the Trojan Sophomores, there will be BBQ starting at 2pm. So stop by on Thursday at the Everett Boys & Girls Club, grab a hotdog an soda, and watch some Trojan Softball! Good Luck Trojans!
- Softball v Edmonds Rained out - Saturday May 7th, the Trojans were to host the Tritons of Edmonds CC in their last home game of the 2011 season. However, due to the weather, the league double header was postponed until Thursday May 12th.
- N. Region 2nd Place for Trojan Baseball & Softball - As of today - May 4th - The Trojans are in 2nd Place in the Northern Region for Baseball and Softball. Baseball has a 12-4 league record and a 22-8 overall record, while Softball has a 11-5 league record and a 19-15 overall record.
- Good Luck Track & Field Teams - The Trojan Track & Field Teams will participate in their last meets before heading to the NWAACC Championship Meet that will take place in Spokane, Wa on May 23rd & May 24th. On Friday, May 6th some athletes will travel to Eugene, OR to participate in the Univeristy of Oregon Twilight Meet. On Saturday, May 7th, the teams will be at Husky Stadium on the campus of the University of Washington in Seattle, WA to participate in the Ken Shannon Invitational.
- Baseball NWAACC Coaches Poll - On May 2nd, The NWAACC released the Baseball Coaches Poll. Everett CC remained in the 5th spot once again! The next poll will be released on May 9th.
- ABCA Baseball Poll - On the most current ABCA Junior College Pacifici Association Division Baseball Poll - the Trojans stayed in the #19 spot. For complete NWAACC Team results - check out the Athletics Blog.
- NWAACC Coaches Polls - The most current NWAACC Coaches Polls for Baseball and Softball have been released - April 25th. Baseball - The Trojans remained in the 5th spot, Bellevue was ranked #1 and Edmonds received votes. Softball - The Trojans received votes, while Bellevue had the #1 spot (moving up from #5). Great Job Trojans! For complete results - check out the Athletic Blog!
- Baseball Makeup Rained out - Once again the single league game with Douglas College has been rained out and will be made up on Tuesday May 3rd at 12pm at the Everett Memorial Stadium.
- 2011-2012 Letters Of Intent - Don't forget to keep checking the Letter of Intent Signee Listing for the most up to date list of student-athletes that have signed official Letters of Intent to attend Everett CC and participate in Intercollegiate Athletics next school year.
- Baseball Makeup Rained out - Wednesday April, 27th the Trojans were to host the Royals of Douglas College for a single game make-up that was postponed due to weather on April 10th. However, once again due to the weather - this game has been postponed until Monday May 2nd. Let's hope Mother Nature allows for this game to happen!
- Softball @ Bellevue Make-up - Monday May 9th - The Trojan Softball Team will travel to Bellevue, WA to play a make-up double header with Bellevue College that was rained out on March 29th. First game will begin at 2pm. Directions to BC are under the directions link to the left.
- 4/25 ABCA Baseball Poll - The ABCA Junior College Pacific Association Division has released their most updated Baseball Poll. Everett CC went from 12th down to 19th while Bellevue, the only other Northern Region team on the poll, went from 7th up to 3rd. Complete NWAACC results can be read on the Athletics Blog.
- Baseball Game Dates Changed - Normally league double headers for Baseball are on Saturdays & Sundays. However, this upcoming weekend the Trojans will travel to Bellevue on Friday instead of Saturday and host Bellevue on Saturday instead of Sunday. Good Luck Trojans!
- Everett CC to host 2011 NWAACC Cross Country Championships - We are very excited to announce that Everett CC has won the bid to host the Men's & Women's 2011 NWAACC Cross Country Championship Meets. The races will be ran at Legion Memorial Golf Course which is just north and adjacent to the Everett CC Campus on November 12th.
- Track & Field Teams Finish Well - Saturday, April 16th, the Men's & Women's Track & Field Teams traveled to Ellensburg, WA to participate in the Central Washington University Spike Arlt Invitational. The Men finished in 6th place overall and 2nd of NWAACC Teams, while the Women finished in 7th place overall and 2nd of NWAACC Teams. Full results for this meet and all others are under the Track & Field link then under 2011 Results.
- 4/13 ABCA Junior College Pacific Association Division Baseball Poll - In the latest ABCA Baseball Poll that was released on April 13th, the Trojans have once again moved up - from 17th to 12th. Treasure Valley CC holds the top spot of NWAACC Teams in the 3rd spot followed by Bellevue College in the 7th. For complete NWAACC results on the poll - check out the Athletics Blog.
- 4/13 Baseball vs Douglas Make-up - The Trojans will host the Royals of Douglas College at 7pm today to make up one of the games from the 4/10 double header that was postponed due to the weather. It will only be a single game as they are unable to start until 7pm due to Everett HS having a game on the same field. The second game of this double header will be played on Wed. 4/27 at Everett Memorial Stadium with a 7pm start.
- 4/12 Trojan Softball Wins by Forfeit - Everett CC Trojan Softball got two "W's" the easiest way possible - the other team forfeited. Edmonds CC was not able to field a complete team of at least 9 players for the game today and so they were forced to forfeit the league double header to the Trojans. These wins for Everett take their league record to 4-0 and 9-9 overall.
- Softball @ Douglas Make-up - On Saturday 4/23 - The Trojans will travel to Douglas College in New Westminster to play the league double header that was rained out on 4/5.
- Softball adds a non-league game - On Friday 4/15 the Trojans will travel to Yakima, WA to participate in the Yakima Valley CC Crossover Tournament that takes place on 4/16 & 4/17. On 4/15 they will play the Red Devils of Lower Columbia College at Yakima Valley CC at 6pm.
- 4/11 NWAACC Coaches Polls for Baseball & Softball released - On Monday April 11th, the NWAACC released the 3rd coaches polls for the 2011 seasons of Baseball & Softball. The Trojan Baseball Team is ranked 3rd in a tie with Lower Columbia College. This is up one spot from the last poll where the Trojans were ranked 4th. Unfortunately, the Trojan Softball Team has not made it onto the top 8 list as of yet. However, there is still time. The next Baseball Poll will be released on April 18th while the Softball Poll will be released on April 25th. See the Athletics Blog for complete poll results.
- 4/10 Baseball Games Rained out - The double header with Douglas College that was to be played at Everett Memorial Stadium on Sunday 4/10 was rained out. The Make-up has not been determined as of yet. Keep checking back for more information.
- Great Job Men's & Women's Track & Field Teams - The Men's Track & Field Team took 3rd place with a team score of 69, at the Ralph Vernacchia Invitational that was hosted by Western Washington University in Bellingham, WA on Friday April 8th. Top Men - Seth Pierson took 2nd in the 800M Run with a time of 1:54.05 and 2nd in the 5000M Run with a time of 15:39.50; Bryton Reim took 2nd in the 10,000M Run with a time of 32:19.40; Drew Larson took 3rd in the 5000M Run with a time of 15:42.30; Mandeep Singh took 3rd in the Triple Jump with a distance of 12.86 Meters; and Malaki Seanoa took 3rd in the Javelin with a distance of 56.05 Meters. The Women's Team took 8th with a score of 21. Top Women - Khettery Un took 1st in the Triple Jump with a distance of 10.43 Meters; Janel Alyea took 3rd in the Discus with a distance of 39.24 Meters; Laina Weber took 7th in the 100M Hurdles with a time of 19.47; and Krystina Harrison took 7th in the 100M Dash with a time of 13.41. Complete Results for this meet and all others that Everett CC has participated in are under the Track & Field link to the left and under the results page.
- 4/6 Baseball @ Skagit Valley - The Trojans and Cardinals were able to get one game of the league double header in on Tuesday 4/5, however the other was called due to the weather. It will be made up today - 4/6 at Skagit Valley at 4pm.
- 4/5 Baseball @ Skagit Valley - The games that were to be played on 4/4 at Skagit Valley were rained out and so they were re-scheduled for Tuesday 4/5 starting at 4pm.
- 4/5 Softball Games Rained Out - Trojan Softball was to travel to New Westminster, BC today for a league double header with Douglas College, however their field was not playable so the games were called. When they will be made up has not been determined. Please keep checking their page or here for more information.
- 2nd NWAACC Baseball Coaches Poll - Monday, April 4th was the release date for the 2011 Baseball 2nd NWAACC Coaches Poll. The Trojans were ranked 5th on the first poll, however on the newest poll, they moved up one spot to 4th. There are three teams from the Northern Region in the top 8. The next poll will be released on April 11th. For complete poll details, check out the athletics Blog.
- Baseball Games at Skagit - Trojan Baseball was to play a double header at Skagit Valley College in Mt. Vernon on Sunday April 3rd at 1pm, however due to the weather, those games were moved to Monday April 4th at 4pm. Good Luck Guys!
- Congratulations - EvCC Men's Track & Field for having two student-athletes being names the Athletes of the Week for Week #4. Sophomore Seth Pierson was named Men's Track Athlete and Freshman Mandeep Singh was named Men's Field Athlete for their performances at the CNW Spring Break Open. Seth had a time of 1:54.88 in the 800M, while Mandeep recorded a 21'6" in the Long Jump. Great Job Guys!
- 3rd ABCA Poll released - March 30th saw the release of the ABCA Junior College Pacific Association Division Baseball Poll. While Everett is still listed, they did move down a few spots from 12th to 17th. Next poll to be released on April 13th. Complete NWAACC poll results on the Blog!
- 2nd Softball NWAACC Coaches Poll - March 29th was the release date for the 2nd NWAACC Coaches Poll for the 2011 Softball season. Everett CC wasn't in the top 8, however the Northern Region was represented by Bellevue College being ranked #6 and Shoreline CC having received votes. See the Athletics Blog for complete poll results. The next one will be released on April 11th.
- 2011 Spring Sports - Yes, the spring sports have begun, but due to the rain, many of their games - baseball & softball - have been rained out. Some of the games will be made up while others will not. Keep checking back for updates as they become available.
- Men's Track Athlete records 2nd fastest 1500M - Sophomore Seth Pierson ran the 1500M in 3:52.82 at the University of Oregon on March 19th. This time is the second fastest in EvCC history. NWAACC & EvCC Hall of Famer - Eugene Cummings holds the fastest time with 3:48.10 from 1964. At that time, Eugene had the National Junior College record.
- 2nd ABCA Baseball Poll released - March 17th was the release date for the second ABCA Junior College Pacific Association Division Baseball Poll. The Trojans moved from 19th to 12th on the latest poll. The Northern Region was the top NWAACC teams on the poll - Bellevue was 3rd, Edmonds 7th, Everett 12th and Skagit Valley receiving votes. Check the Blog for complete NWAACC Poll results.
- 2011 NWAACC Basketball Sophomore All-Star Showcase - We are happy to announce that Everett CC will host the 2011 NWAACC Basketball Sophomore All-Star Showcase in the new facility. This means that the top sophomores (Men & Women) from each region will travel here to EvCC to participate in this event. The Showcase will take place on Sunday, March 13th. There will be four games (2 women's and 2 men's) with the first one starting at 11am. The schedule is: 11:00am South Women vs West Women; 12:30pm East Women vs North Women; 2:00pm South Men vs West Men; 3:30pm East Men vs North Men. Admission is $5.00 per person (12 years +). EvCC Students, Staff, & Faculty w/EvCC ID and 4-year College/University Coaches are FREE. For more information on the event please contact Athletic Director Larry Walker - 425-388-9328 or Assistant Athletic Director Sue Snow - 425-388-9327
- 2011 Spring Sports - The 2011 Sports Seasons are about to start. The Baseball Team travels to Yakima Valley CC to participate in the Bill Faller Tournament on March 4th -6th. The Softball Team travels to Walla Walla CC on Saturday the 5th for games at 12pm and then to Columbia Basin College on Sunday the 6th for games at 2pm. Track & Field start at the end of March with a meet at Husky Stadium to participate in the CNW Spring Break Open.
- Final Basketball Coaches Polls of 2010-11 - Sunday February 27th, the NWAACC released the final basketball coaches poll for the 2010-11 season. Tacoma CC Men finished in the top spot where they have been since the 4th Poll. Clackamas CC Women finished in the top spot for the second poll in a row. Neither Trojan team was listed, however the Northern Region was well represented. Bellevue College & Peninsula College were in the top 8 and Whatcom CC & Skagit Valley College each received at least one vote for the Men. Skagit Valley College & Bellevue College were in the top 8 and Whatcom CC received at least one vote for the Women.
- EvCC Women take 4th - The Everett CC Women's Basketball Team finishes their season in 4th place in the Northern Region with a league record of 11-5. With this finish, they will participate in the 2011 NWAACC Championship Tournament March 5-8, 2011 in Kennewick, WA at the Toyota Center. Their first game will be 4pm on Saturday the 5th against the Columbia Basin College Hawks. Their next game time and opponent will be determined by the outcome of their game and the 10am game.
- Thank you Basketball Sophomores - Saturday 2/26/11, the sophomores of the Men's and Women's Basketball Teams were recognized and thanked for all of their hard work and dedication to the EvCC Trojans the past two years. Those sophomores are: Women's Team - Anna Work, Ashley Hagood & Mary Ochiltree; Men's Team - Aaron Matzen, Bryan Koch & Mike McDaniels. Good Luck to each of you as you move forward from here.
- Softball Pre-season NWAACC Coaches Poll - On Tuesday February 22, the pre-season softball NWAACC Coaches Poll was released. The Trojans weren't in the top 8, however they did receive at least one vote by the coaches. Only Bellevue College from the Northern Region was in the top 8 - at #7. Shoreline CC was the only other team from the North that was listed as receiving at least one vote. The next poll will be released on March 22nd. For complete Poll results - check out the Athletic Blog.
- NWAACC Basketball Championship Tournament - March 5-8, 2011 the top four Men's Teams and top four Women's Teams from each of the four regions will travel to Kennewick, WA to participate in the 2011 NWAACC Championship Tournament. Some teams have already clinched their spot in the tournament, while others have to wait and see how their seasons and the seasons of the teams close to them finish to find out if they are going. Everett Women is one of those teams. They are sitting in 4th Place right now with a 9-4 league record- behind 1st place Skagit Valley (12-1), 2nd place Bellevue College (10-2) and 3rd place Whatcom CC (10-2). Edmonds CC is the only team that could make a run for a tie for fourth place with Trojans. However, for that to happen, the Tritons would need to win all four of their remaining games and the Trojans would need to lose all of their three games - which is highly unlikely! Unfortunately, Everett Men will not be participating in the tournament this year. However, there are three men's teams that is vying for the coveted 4th place in the North - Whatcom CC, Shoreline CC and North Seattle CC. Whatcom would need to lose all of their games while Shoreline and N. Seattle would need to win all of theirs.
- NWAACC Basketball 6th Coaches Poll - The most recent NWAACC Coaches Poll for the 2010-11 Basketball seasons was released on Tuesday February 15th. Neither of the Trojan teams was listed on the poll, but that doesn't mean they aren't playing some exciting basketball. There are only 4 more games left in the regular season - 2 home an 2 away. The next and final poll will be released on February 27th.
- Everett CC Volleyball - EvCC Volleyball made the local newspaper (paper edition and online) in/around Twin Falls, ID. Ariel Cottonoir, a senior from Hansen High School, has announced her intents to sign her Letter of Intent to play Volleyball at EvCC in the fall of 2011. The article is about her signing and about her history with Washington State and mentions EvCC a couple time! Twin Falls, ID is about an 1 1/2 hours south-east of Boise, ID.
- 2011-12 Letters of Intent - Coaches have been sending out Letters of Intent to potential EvCC Trojan Student-Athletes for the 2011-12 athletic seasons. Those LOI's have started to be returned. Those that have signed them and returned them by the validation date are recognized under the LOI Signees tab to the left. We'd like to welcome all those student-athletes that have decided to be a part of EvCC and Trojan Athletics!
- 5th Coaches Poll for Basketball - February 1st saw the release of the NWAACC Basketball Coaches Poll for the 2010-11 seasons. Unfortunately, neither of Everett's teams were listed, however, the Northern Region was well represented - 2 Women's Teams and 2 Men's Teams each on the top 8 and 2 more Men's Teams had received votes. The next poll is set to be released on February 15th.
- 4th NWAACC Coaches Poll - Wednesday January 18th the most recent NWAACC Coaches Poll for Basketball was released. While the neither of the Trojan teams were on it, there were 2 Men's Teams and 2 Women's Teams from the North on it. There is still time for the Trojans to be on the next poll. Let's Go Trojans!
- 3rd NWAACC Coaches Poll - The third NWAACC Coaches Poll of the 2010-11 season has been released - 1/4/11. Neither of the Trojan teams were listed in the top 8, but there is still lots of time left in the season to get on the list!
- Freshman named Women's Soccer N. Region MVP - Trojan Women's Soccer freshman Brianna Ellis was named the 2010 Northern Region MVP. Having graduated from Henry M. Jackson HS this past June, Brianna led the conference with 11 goals and 7 assists. . Great job Brianna!
- Great Job EvCC Alumni - Yon Yilma, an NWAACC Cross Country All American while at EvCC, qualified for the NCAA-D2 National Championship as an individual and with his University of Alaska-Anchorage team at the D2 Regional Meet at Lake Padden in Bellingham, WA. The UAA team ran away with the team title in the men's competition. Yon ran the 10K course in 32:58 despite 3 inches of snow that fell on the course overnight and overall placed 21st. Tyler Nilsen who ran at EvCC in 2007 and 2008 placed 124th at the NAIA National Championships in Vancouver, WA running for the University of Great Falls (MT) . Tyler posted a time of 26:48 over the 8K course. And, Megan Hall, who was the NWAACC 10K Champion for Everett CC in 2009, now running for Northwest Christian University in Eugene took 70th at the NAIA National Meet posting a time of 19:06 in the 5K course.
- 2010 Cross Country Championship Results - Saturday Nov. 20th saw the Trojans participate in the 2010 NWAACC Cross Country Championship Meet in Oregon City. OR. It was hosted by Clackamas CC. The Men’s 8K race began at 11am and after official times were all in, the Trojans finished in 2nd place with a team score of 55 behind Champions CC’s of Spokane who had a team score of 19. Bryton Reim had the best finish for Everett – in 4th Place with a time of 26:03.47. Seth Pierson finished in 6th and Drew Larson finished in 7th. The Women’s 5K race followed the men’s race at about 12pm. With a team score of 69 the Trojans took 3rd Place this year behind Champions Clark College with team score of 40 and 2nd place CC’s of Spokane with a team score of 64. Shawna Schooley won the Women’s Race with a time of 18:29.41 and was the only Trojan in the top 10.In the Team Combo, the Trojans took 2nd place with a total of 124 behind the Combo Champions – CC’s of Spokane with a total of 83.
- Shawna Schooley wins 2nd NWAACC Women's Cross Country Title - EvCC Sophomore, Shawna Schooley won her second NWAACC Women’s Cross Country Individual Title on Saturday Nov. 13th at the 2010 NWAACC Cross Country Championships. She finished the 2010 5K Race with a time of 18:29.41, last year she finished with a time of 18:23.Great Job Shawna!!! We are very proud of you!
- Congratulations - 3 Trojan Volleyball Players - Maddie Molenda, Ashley Hagood, & Kayla Alaniz for being named as 2010 Northern Region Honorable Mention - as voted on by the Northern Region Coaches. Also to Maddie & Ashley for being named to the 2010 Northern Region Sophomore All-Star Team. Maddie & Ashley are sophomores and 2010 Team Captains - Maddie graduated from Cascade High School; Ashley from Shorecrest High School. Kayla is a freshman from East Valley High School in Yakima. Great Job Ladies! Good Luck to Maddie & Ashley as they participate in the Sophomore All-Star Event on Sunday Nov. 21st @ Mt. Hood CC in Gresham, OR. before the NWAACC Volleyball 2010 Championship Match.
- Good Luck - to the Trojan Women's Soccer Team as they host the Sasquatch of the CC's of Spokane on Saturday Nov. 20th at 12pm in the Second Round of the NWAACC 2010 Soccer Playoffs.
- Good Luck - Men's & Women's Cross Country Teams as they travel to Oregon City, OR to participate in the 2010 NWAACC Cross Country Championship Meet on Saturday Nov. 20th. Men's 8K Race starts at 11am followed by the Women's 5K Race at 12pm.
- Congratulations Trojan Alumni - Two former Trojan Cross Country Runners qualified for the NAIA Cross Country Championships at their present school. Tyler Nilsen runs for University of Great Falls in Montana and Megan Hall runs for Northwest Christian University in Eugene, OR both qualified as individuals for the National Meet. Great Job! Good Luck at the NAIA Championship Meet Tyler & Megan!
- Congratulations - Cross Country Athletes of the Week (Week #8) - Drew Larson & Shawna Schooley were named the Male & Female Athletes of the Week for week #8 of the 2010 Cross Country Season. Drew & Shawna had spectacular performances at the NWAACC Northern Region Championship Meet on Saturday Oct. 30th. Drew finished the 8K race in 3rd place with a time of 27:46, while Shawna finished 1st in the 5K race with a time of 19:52. Great job and good luck at the NWAACC Championship Meet on Sat. Nov. 13th at Clackamas CC in Oregon City, OR.
- Trojan Women's Soccer Team Northern Region Champions! - With their 2-1 win on Wed. 11/3 over the Tritons of Edmonds CC, the Trojans have clinched their first League Championship. Congratulations Ladies! With their 1st place finish, the Trojans have a Bye in the 1st Round of the NWAACC Playoffs. They will play the 2nd Round playoff game on Saturday Nov. 13th at 12pm against an opponent that has yet to be determined.
- 2011 NWAACC Baseball Coaches Poll - The 2011 NWAACC Pre-season Coaches Poll has been released and of the top 8 teams - 4 of them are from the Northern Region - 1st - Bellevue College; 2nd - Edmonds CC; 5th- EVERETT CC; 8th - Skagit Valley College. Great Job Guys!
- ABCA Pre-season Poll - The American Baseball Coaches Association of Junior College in the Pacific Division 2011 pre-season poll was released and the Trojans are ranked 19th out of 25. There are 6 NWAACC teams in the top 25 with another two teams getting honorable mention. Great job Trojans!
- Congratulations - The to the Men's & Women's Cross Country Teams for their wins at the 2010 Northern Region Cross Country Championship Meet that took place on Saturday Oct. 30th. Not only did they win the individual titles but also the Team Combination Title. EvCC had 6 of the top 10 in the Women's Race and 5 of the top 10 in the Men's Race. Trojan Freshman Bryton Reim won the Men's Title with a time of 27:26 and Trojan Sophomore Shawna Schooley won the Women's Title with a 19:52 time.
- Cross Country 2010 Northern Region Championships - Everett CC is hosting the 2010 Men's & Women's Northern Region Cross Country Championships on Saturday Oct. 30th. at Willis Tucker Park in Snohomish, WA. The Men's Race will begin at 11am followed by the Women's Race at 12pm. After the Women's Race - there will be a Community 5k Fun Run/Walk/Jog that will start about 12:30pm. There is a $10 donation/entry fee that will go to help out the newly formed Men's & Women's Track & Field Teams in their 2011 season.
- Congratulations to the 2010 Women's Soccer Team - they have clinched their spot in this year's playoffs with an overall record of 10-3-1 and a league record of 8-2-1. Great Job Ladies & Coaches!
- 4th NWAACC Coaches Poll for Fall - The 4th NWAACC Coaches Poll of the fall sports seasons was released on Wed. Oct. 27th. Not only is the Women's Soccer Team still in the Top 8 - they have moved up one spot to #4. Congratulations Ladies! For complete results of the Women's Soccer, Men's Soccer and Volleyball Coaches Polls - check out the EvCC Athletic Blog. The next and final Coaches Poll will be released on Nov. 9th.
- Congratulations - Cross Country Athletes of the Week (Week #6) - Bryton Reim was named Male Athlete of the Week and Lauresa Smith was named Co-Female Athlete of the Week. Bryton is a freshman and Lauresa is a sophomore. They were both named to this honor for their performance at the Mike Hodges Invitational that was held on October 15th at Clackamas CC in Oregon City, OR.
- Congratulations Trojan Women's Soccer Team - they are sitting in 1st Place in the Northern Region. They have a spectacular record of 7-2-1 in league play and an overall record of 9-3-1. They have only allowed for 9 goals to be scored against them and have shut out 8 teams. Great Job Ladies!
- Congratulations Trojan Volleyball Player Kayla Alaniz - Kayla was named to the Clark College Crossover All-Tournament Team on Saturday Oct. 16th, that was held in Vancouver, WA. Kayla is a freshman Middle Hitter from East Valley High School in Yakima, WA.
- NWAACC 3rd Coaches Poll - The NWAACC has released their 3rd Coaches Poll for the Fall 2010 season on October 14th. Even though the Men's Soccer Team nor the Volleyball Team were ranked in the top 8, the Women's Soccer Team moved up a spot to #5. Congratulations Ladies!!! For complete listing of the polls go to the Blog. The next poll is set to be released on Oct. 27th.
Second Coaches Poll - The second Coaches Polls were released on Sept. 29th. and Congratulations to the Trojan Women's Soccer Team for being ranked 6th on the poll. The Volleyball Team and Men's Soccer Teams are still looking to break into the top 8, and they have a couple of chances left to do so.
For complete Poll listings - check out the Athletics Blog. The next poll will be released on October 14th.
- Congratulations Cross Country Athlete of the Week (Week #2) - Seth Pierson was named the Male Athlete of the Week for week #2 for Cross Country due to his great performance at the Sundodger Invitational. He finished that 8 K race with a time of 25:45 and in 20th Place, Seth is a Sophomore from Cashmere High School.
- Congratulations Trojan Volleyball Players - Aubrie Vetter and Kayla Alaniz for being named the Northern Region Players of the Week for their play during the week of September 20th - September 26th. Both freshman on the team - Aubrie was named Defensive POW and Kayla was named Offensive POW.
- Fall Sports 2010 Seasons are about half way done. Women's Volleyball has started the first half of league play and are sitting with an unfortunate 0-2 league record right now. They have 10 more league games and one more crossover left in the season. Women's Soccer is tied for 1st place in the North with a 2-2-1 league record while the Men's Soccer Team is tied for 2nd place in the North with a 1-4-0 league record. The Men's & Women's Cross Country Teams are looking to make the 2010 season a repeat of the 2009 season and win the Northern Region Championships (Oct 30th) and make a run for the NWAACC Championship Titles (Nov.13th). If you haven't been to a game yet, there is still time to come out and support the EvCC Trojans.
- NWAACC Coaches Polls - The first NWAACC Coaches Polls of 2010 have been released. On Sept 15th, the Polls for Volleyball, Men's Soccer an Women's Soccer were posted on the NWAACC website. None of the Trojan Teams were listed in the top 8 of their respective polls - however - Congratulations to the Women's Soccer Team for at least receiving votes on the 1st Poll. The next poll is set to be released on Sept 29th. Hopefully the Trojans will be able to break into the top 8 of their sport.
- 2010 NWAACC Track & Field Update - Trojan Track Teams are in Spokane, WA participating in the 2010 NWAACC Outdoor Track & Field Championship Meet. First day results have been reported. Congratulations to Shawna Schooley - 1st Place in 3000M Steeplechase; Kelly Talkington - 1st Place in 10,000M; Kelsey Loomans - 2nd Place in 10,000M. EvCC Women are sitting in 4th Place as a team after 8 events, while the Trojan Men are in 5th Place after 7 events. For complete results check out the Track results page or go to the NWAACC website.
- NWAACC Softball Update - The Trojans lost their game to the Cougars of Clackamas CC this afternoon 2-5, which sends them home from the tournament since they had to change the format of the tournament to be a single elimination tournament instead of the regular double elimination style due to the weather in Portland, OR. Great Season ladies!
- Good Luck to Men's & Women's Track - The Men's & Women's Track Teams are in Spokane today and tomorrow competing in the 2010 NWAACC Outdoor Track & Field Championship Meet. We'd like to wish all of the Trojans Good Luck in their events!
- Baseball Northern Region Playoffs - In a double elimination 4 team tournament, the Trojans met up with the Bulldogs of Bellevue College on Friday afternoon, and came up a little short, losing 1-8. On Saturday morning they met up with the Cardinals of Skagit Valley College, beating and sending the Cardinals home 6-5. Their next game was at 6pm against 1st place Edmonds CC. Once again, the Trojans won and sent home the Tritons, winning 6-3. This win sent them to the championship game on Sunday, where they had to win two against the Bulldogs to be the #1 seed in the NWAACC Tournament next weekend. Unfortunately, the Bulldogs came out strong and ended the Trojans season with a 6-2 win over the Trojans in the game at 12pm. This means that representing the Northern Region will be - Bellevue as the #1 seed and Edmonds as the #2 seed for the NWAACC Tournament.
- NWAACC Softball Update - Due to the rainy weather in Portland, OR, the 2010 NWAACC Softball Championship Tournament has been postponed until Monday morning. At which time, the tournament change from a double elimination tournament to a single elimination tournament. The Trojans still Play Walla Walla CC in their first game.
- NWAACC Softball Update - Due to the weather in Portland, OR, the NWAACC Softball Championship Tournament has been postponed. The games that were to take place on Friday were moved to Saturday morning. However those games have now been delayed until this afternoon. The first games will start at 1:30pm with the next games to start at 3:30pm. The Trojans will be playing in the 3:30pm games. Check the NWAACC website for more current updates to the bracket/schedule and for any more rain delays.
- Baseball @ N. Region Playoffs - Edmonds CC will be hosting the 2010 Northern Region Baseball Playoff Series. The top four teams of the region will battle it out for a chance to go to the NWAACC 2010 Championship Tournament in Longview, WA. Edmonds - since they took 1st in league is automatically attending the tournament. The Trojans must win the playoff series in order to go to NWAACC's. The Playoff Series will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday, May 21st, 22nd & 23rd at EdCC in Lynnwood, WA. The Trojans will play the Bulldogs of Bellevue CC at 3pm on Friday.
- Softball @ NWAACC's - The Trojan Softball Team will take on the Warriors of Walla Walla CC on Friday morning at 11:30am in the first round of the 2010 NWAACC Championship Softball Tournament at Delta Park in Portland, OR. Depending on how they do in that game will determine when they play next. Check out the NWAACC website for updated brackets throughout the tournament.
- Congratulations - Tim Welch & Shawna Schooley - EvCC 2009-2010 Male & Female Athletes of the Year. Friday, May 14th, at the Student Activities Awards Banquet, Athletic Director Larry Walker introduced Matt Koenigs - Men's & Women's Cross Country and Men's & Women's Distance Track head coach to announce this year's winners. Both Tim and Shawna ran cross country and distance track this year. For a list of their accomplishments, check out the EvCC Blog.
- Distance Track to NWAACC Championship Meet - The Men's & Women's Distance Track Teams will travel to Spokane, WA to participate in the 2010 NWAACC Outdoor Track & Field Championships. The Meet will be held at Spokane Falls CC and is Monday & Tuesday May 24th & 25th. For more information on the meet, check out the NWAACC website.
- 2010 Baseball takes 2nd in League - Trojan Baseball takes 2nd place in the Northern Region and will participate in the 2010 Northern Region Playoff Series. The Playoff series is to determine the second team that will represent the North at the NWAACC Championship Tournament and the seeding for the tournament. The 1st Place team is an automatic entry into the Championship Tournament, but to be the first seed, they must win the Playoff Series. If another team wins the playoff series, that team is the first seed and the team that took 1st place in league play will be the second seed. The Playoff Series will be this upcoming Saturday & Sunday, May 22nd & 23rd and is usually played at the 1st place teams home field. The 2010 location has yet to be determined as it is unknown if the first place team wants to host it this year. Check back for more information.
- 2010 Softball takes 3rd in League - with their 3rd place finish in the Northern Region, the Trojan Softball team has secured their spot at the NWAACC Championships. The Championship tournament, hosted by Chemeketa CC, will be held Friday - Monday, May 21-24 at Delta Park in Portland, OR. For more information on the tournament check out the link on the softball page or the NWAACC site.
- Final 2010 Baseball & Softball NWAACC Coaches Polls - May 12th, 2010 saw the final NWAACC Coaches Polls for Baseball and Softball being released. Trojan Baseball moved down one spot to 6th and there weren't any addition within the softball poll - the eight teams from the previous poll moved up or down. Check out the EvCC Blog for complete polls.
- Distance Track Freshman sets a new record - Everett Community College Track competed in Husky Stadium at the Ken Shannon Invite on Saturday May 8th. Ath this meet, EvCC freshman Emmanuel Contreras (AC Davis HS, Yakima) broke the school's 800m record posting a 1:52.99 and bettering the record set in 1976 by Everett CC's Doug Dalum (1:53.20).
EvCC 2nd Annual Hall of Fame Induction Dinner - On May 26th, Everett CC will hold it's second annual Hall of Fame Induction Dinner at the Edward D. Hansen Conference Center at the Comast Arena located at 2000 Hewitt Ave, Everett, WA. The keynote speaker will be Mr. Jim Livengood, Athletic Director at University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Tickets are $50.00 per person and can be purchased online or by calling 425-388-9535. RSVP by May 10th.
- Players - MaryAnn Bowman, Pat Brady, Eugene Cummings, Vicki Foltz, Jim Livengood, Steve Okoniewski
- Coaches - Marv Cross, Bill Deller, Will McGillivary
- Teams - 1952 Football
- 2010 Inductees
- NWAACC 2010 Hall of Fame Banquet - This year's Northwest Athletic Association of Community College's Hall of Fame Banquet will be held on June 3rd at the Bellevue Red Lion. Everett CC is inducting 2 former players, 1 team, and 1 former administrator into this year's class. For more information on attending the banquet - please contact the NWAACC Office at 360-992-2833. For information on the inductees check out the Athletic Blog.
- Two Trojan Alumni playing Semi-pro Basketball - Former Trojans - Pat Mattson and Shawn Wolters are both playing semi-pro basketball for the Snohomish County Explosion. Based out of Monroe, the Explosion are part of the newly created NABL. Pat played for the Trojans in the 2003-04 & 2004-05 seasons, while Shawn played in the 2007-08 season. For more information about Pat & Shawn & the Explosion, check out the Athletics Blog.
- Men's Basketball Player signs at Hawaii Hilo - 2009-10 Sophomore, Dirk Snel has recently signed a Letter of Intent to play the 2010-2011 Men's Basketball season at Hawaii Hilo. Congratulations and Good Luck Dirk!
- Third ABCA Pacific Division Baseball Ranking - On Thursday, April 29th, the third ABCA Baseball Ranking was released. Six NWAACC schools are on the top 25 list, with another two schools getting votes. The Trojans made the top 25 for the first time this season - being ranked 19th. The other teams are - 3rd - Lower Columbia College, 6th - Columbia Basin College, 12th - Bellevue College, 15th - Mt. Hood CC, 24th - Yakima Valley CC.
- Softball and Baseball NWAACC Coaches Polls - Wednesday, April 28th the most up dated NWAACC Coaches Poll was released. For the first time this season, a Trojan team has made the list - The Men's Baseball Team is ranked 5th. For complete listing check out the Athletics Blog. The next poll will be released on May 12th.
- Congratulations Alumni Inderbir Gill - Inderbir was named this year's Player of the Year for the University of Northern British Columbia, the MVP of his league, MVP of the Provincial Tournament as well as the MVP of the 2010 Canadian Colleges Athletic Association Men’s Basketball National Championship Tournament. For the full story on Inderbir, check out the EvCC Athletic Blog and at the article from the CCAA tournament - www.sait2010.ca Congratulations Inderbir!
Baseball Games Location & Time Changed - Due to a scheduling conflict, the baseball games with Olympic College will be flip flopped this upcoming weekend - April 17th & 18th. The Trojans will now host the Rangers on Saturday April 17th with the first game of the double header starting at 3pm instead of the usual 1pm start. The Trojans will then travel to Bremerton, WA on Sunday the 18th for the double header with Olympic and that first game will start at the regular time of 1pm.
ABCA Pacific Division Baseball Ranking - April 9th saw the release of the second ABCA Pacific Division Baseball Ranking Poll. Six NWAACC Teams were in the top 25. Lower Columbia College is ranked 2nd while 3 Northern Region teams - Skagit Valley, Edmonds & Bellevue were ranked 6th, 15th & 19th. If the Trojans keep playing well, hopefully they will make it onto this ranking soon.
- NWAACC Coaches Polls - The most current NWAACC Coaches Polls for Softball and Baseball were released on Wednesday March 31st. Trojan Softball did receive votes just not enough to make it onto the top 8 at this point. Complete listing of the Polls are on the Blog. The next poll will be released on April 14th.
- NWAACC Softball & Baseball Coaches Polls - March 18th saw the release of the NWAACC Coaches Polls for Softball and Baseball. The Trojan Baseball team was listed as a team that received votes - they just didn't receive enough to be considered one of the top eight teams of the Conference at this time. There is still a lot of season left though for them to make it onto the list. Check out the Blog for complete listing of both Polls.
- ABCA Pacific Division Baseball Ranking - This ranking was released on March 11th, with the next one to be released on March 25th. Of the top 25 teams, 6 NWAACC Baseball Teams were on there. Lower Columbia College was ranked 2nd, while two teams from the Northern Region - Bellevue College and Skagit Valley College - took 15th & 19th respectively. This ranking shows that the NWAACC Conference is a competitive Conference!
- Trojan Baseball in the championship game at the Bill Faller Tournament - The Trojans traveled to Yakima, WA to participate in the Bill Faller Tournament hosted by Yakima Valley CC on March 5-7th where they went 2-2 and played in the championship game. On Friday, March 5th, they played Okanogan College at 4pm beating them 12-0. Saturday afternoon they played the Dolphins of Shoreline CC losing 2-5. At 3pm they faced the Yaks of Yakima Valley CC beating them 4-1. Sunday morning, they had to play the Dolphins of Shoreline CC again for the championship. It was a close game, with the Dolphins taking the game and the title 12-11 over the Trojans.
- Congratulations Women's Basketball Team - The Everett CC Women's Basketball Team took 7th place at the NWAACC 2009-2010 Basketball Championship Tournament that was held March 6-9, 2010 at the Toyota Center in Kennewick, WA. They went 2-2 in the tournament by beating the Red Devils of Lower Columbia College on March 6th, 73-60. They then faced the Yakima Valley CC Yaks, who took 2nd Place this year, on the afternoon of the 7th and lost 71-87. On the afternoon of the 8th, the Trojans faced the Clark College Penguins, beating them by 10 points - 72-62. Then on the afternoon of the 9th, they played the Trailblazers of Centralia College for 4th or 7th place. It was a close game for most of the game, and unfortunately the Trojans fell just short of the 4th place trophy, losing by 2 - 52-54. The Trojans finished with a 12-4 league record (3rd Place in the Northern Region) and an 18-11 overall record. Great Season Ladies!!!
- 2009-10 Basketball Sophomore All-Star Games - On Sunday March 14th, 2010 the NWAACC Basketball Sophomore All-Star Showcase will be held at Pierce College in Lakewood, WA. Trojan Sophomores Dirk Snel (Men's Team) and Ashley Housden (Women's Team) will participate on the North teams and Karissa Tri (Women's Team) is an alternate. The North Women will play the West Women at 12:30pm and the North Men will play the West Men at 3:30pm. Directions to the game can be found under the directions link to the left. Admission is $5.00 for Adults; $3.00 for Seniors/Students/Military; Children 12 & under and 4 year College Coaches are Free. If you can't make it down to the games - All four games will be webcast at www.cybersportsusa.com
- 2009-10 Basketball All-Stars - The lists for the NWAACC Men's & Women's Basketball All-Stars for the 2009-2010 seasons have been released. The Trojans have 4 players on those lists. Men's - Sophomore Dirk Snel made 2nd Team; Women' s - Sophomore Ashley Housden & Freshman Mary Ochiltree made 1st Team and Freshman Anna Work made 2nd Team. Congratulations to these Trojans and the great seasons they had.
- Women's Basketball takes 3rd place - The 2009-2010 Women's Basketball Team finishes in 3rd place in the Northern Region and will attend the NWAACC 2010 Championship Tournament in Kennewick, WA. Their first round game will be against the 2nd Place team of the Western Region, the Lower Columbia College Red Devils at 10am on Saturday March 6th. Depending on the outcome of this game will determine when they play on Sunday March 7th. They could play at either 10am or 4pm vs the Southern Region's 4th Place or Eastern Region's 1st Place. Tournament information is located on the Women's Basketball homepage (just click the link to the left).
- Final NWAACC Basketball Coaches Polls - Wednesday February 24th saw the release of the final NWAACC Basketball Coaches Polls for the 2009-2010 seasons. Unfortunately, neither Trojan team was listed. Actually not many changes were made from the previous poll. For complete listing of the Polls check out the EvCC Athletic Blog.
- Women's Basketball to NWAACC Championships - With the Women's Basketball team sitting in 3rd Place in the Northern Region and with only 3 games left in the season, the Trojans look to return to the NWAACC Championship Tournament March 6th - 9th in Kennewick, WA. The Women have a 10-3 league record and a 14-8 overall record. There is a possibility that the Trojans could even take 2nd Place in the North depending on how the next 3 games play out. They play 8th Place Peninsula College on Sat. Feb. 20th at HOME; 2nd Place Bellevue College on Wed. Feb 24th at HOME; and Last Place Shoreline CC on Sat. Feb 27th at Shoreline CC in Seattle. So come out and show your support and cheer the Trojans onto Victory!
- Next to last NWAACC Basketball Coaches Poll - On Wed. Feb. 10th, the next to last NWAACC Coaches Poll for the 2009-2010 Basketball Season was released. The Men's Poll only had one Northern Region team listed while the Women's Poll had two teams from the North. Unfortunately, neither Trojan team was listed. For complete listing of the polls, check out the EvCC Athletics Blog. The next coaches poll for basketball will be released on Wed. Feb 24th.
Coaches vs Cancer Suits & Sneakers - Did you know that at least one-third of cancer deaths could be avoided with a healthy diet and regular exercise? At Wednesday 1/27/10, home Basketball Games, Everett CC and the Trojans will be asking for donations from everyone that comes to the game in support of The American Cancer Society.
Coaches vs. Cancer is a nationwide collaboration between the American Cancer Society and the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) that empowers basketball coaches, their teams, and communities to join the fight against cancer. Since the program's inception in 1993, high school and college basketball coaches across the United States have joined the team to support the Society's efforts to save lives and create a world with more birthdays. They encourage basketball coaches and their staff to wear white tennis shoes with their game suits to show support for the Coaches vs. Cancer program. Suits and Sneakers will unite coaches from across the country in the common effort to raise awareness for the fight to save lives from cancer.
So please help us help this great cause by donating at the entry door as you walk into the game! Together we all can make a difference! Thanks so much!! For more information on this check out the website - http://cancer.org/coaches
- Basketball Coaches Polls - The 4th NWAACC Coaches Polls of the 2009-2010 season have been released. Unfortunately, neither Trojan team is listed on it. However there is lots of time left for that to change! The complete poll results are listed on the EvCC Athletics Blog! The next poll to be released will happen on Wed. 1/27.
- Baseball Coaches Poll - The NWAACC Baseball Coaches Pre-season Poll was released on Dec. 16th. Everett CC wasn't named to the list, however 3 other Northern Region Teams were. With that, it looks to be a competitive season in the North again this year. The next coaches poll will be released at the start of their season in the Spring of 2010. For complete listing of poll results, check out the EvCC Athletics Blog.
- 3rd Place for Women's Basketball - The Women's 2009-2010 Basketball Team took 3rd place at the Big Bend CC 2009 Crossover Tournament in Moses Lake this past weekend, Dec 18-20. They started the tournament playing the Trailblazers of Centralia College on Friday and beat them by 4 points, 57-53. Their next match up was against the Chukars of Treasure Valley CC on Saturday. Unfortunately, they ended up on the losing end of this game, 44-56. This put them into the game for 3rd & 5th place on Sunday, where they were pitted against Edmonds CC. The Trojans were successful in this battle of the Northern Region Teams, winning 59-48 over the Tritons. Congratulations Team!
- Women's Cross Country 1st Place at NWAACC - Congratulations to the EvCC Women's Cross Country Team as they took 1st Place at the NWAACC Cross Country Championships in Battleground, WA on Saturday November 14th. The Women's Team score of 23 points is the 5th lowest point total in NWAACC Championship History and the lowest point total since 1977. The top three finishers, Shawna Schooley, Valerie Massie and Kelsey Loomans; all broke the previous course record of 18:52 and all three of these runners are from Everett CC. Shawna finished first in 18:23; Valerie second in 18:40 and Kelsey in third in 18:49. Everett CC had two more in the top ten - Kelly Talkington 8th place in19:22 and Amanda Brager 9th Place in 19:42. Great Job Ladies!!!
- Men's Cross Country 2nd Place at NWAACC - The Trojan Men's Cross Country Team took 2nd Place at the NWAACC Cross Country Championships on Saturday Nov. 14th in Battleground, WA. The Men had a team score of 52 and had three top ten finishers - Yon Yilma, 8th place in 25:54; Josh Alexander, 9th place in 26:11 and Seth Pierson, 10th place in 26:28. Congratulations to whole team!
- Congratulations Cross Country Coach Matt Koenigs - Coach Koenigs was named NWAACC Co-Coach of the Year for Women's Cross Country this past weekend at the NWAACC Men's & Women's Cross Country Championship Meets that were held at Lewisville State Park in Battleground, WA.
- Congratulations to Breanna Toler - Breanna was named to the Northern Region 2009 Volleyball All-Star 2nd Team. Bre had a great season for Trojan Volleyball as a freshman. We look forward to great things from her next season!
- Congratulations to Kristi Clayton - Kristi was named to the Northern Region Volleyball Sophomore team as an alternate. Kristi is a sophomore from Lake Stevens HS that played two great seasons for the Trojans. She will be greatly missed next season.
M&W Cross Country - On Saturday, November 14th, your Everett Community College Trojan Cross Country teams will take the course for the NWAACC XC Championships at Lewisville State Park in Battle Ground, Washington. Though both our men and women have finished second the past two years at this meet, we have never in our program's history won an NWAACC Cross Country Championship. We have a chance to make history on Saturday and whether we do or not may hinge upon fan support. The team competition is projected to be within just a few points in both the men's and women's races and so having support out on the course in the form of cheering EvCC students and staff may just be what it takes to give us that extra advantage we need..
We would love to have you (in fact, we need you) at the meet this Saturday to show your support and help to will us along as we take a shot at our first ever team titles. The women's race begins at 11:00am and the men's competition will start at noon. The start times are late enough in the morning that you can easily make the drive to the meet in the morning. Gather your friends and fellow students/staff, put on your EvCC gear (I'm sure the bookstore can help you out if you don't have any already) and please come out and show your support.
Directions to Lewisville State Park: (1) Take I-5 heading South from Everett, (2) take exit 11 for Battle Ground and (3) turn left to head East on WA 502 East/NE 219th St (5.5 miles), (4) Turn left at NW 10th Ave/WA 503 N (2.2 miles), (5) Turn right at NE Park Dr and head into the park.
We wish them the best of luck as they represent EvCC and Trojan Athletics!
- Congratulations Breanna Toler - Breanna was nominated as the Northern Region Volleyball Offensive Player of the Week for the week of Oct. 12 - Oct 18. Breanna is a freshman on the Volleyball team from Lake Stevens HS. She plays middle hitter and outside hitter and has done a great job wherever she is placed in the line-up.
- Congratulations Breanna Toler - Freshman Volleyball Player for being named to the Pierce College Crossover All-Tournament Team. This two-day event was held on Oct. 15th & 16th in Lakewood, WA. Bre proved herself to her coaches and team that she is an true asset to the team and is a quiet leader on and off the court.
- Baseball & Softball All-Star Events - This weekend (9/26) four sophomore baseball players will make their way to Longview, WA to participate in the NWAACC Sophomore All-Star Event that will take place at Lower Columbia College. They are: Jace Sloan, Zach Miller, Bryce Avila, and Zane Ridings. The Softball team will travel to Portland, OR to participate in the Fall Softball Classic at Delta Park. Also, some of the sophomore softball players will participate in the NWAACC Sophomore All-Star Event which will take place at the same fields during a break on the classic. Good Luck Trojans!
- Great Job!!! - Shawna Schooley & Jon Phillips - EvCC Cross Country Runners that were named as the Cross Country Male & Female Athletes of the Week for week #3. According to Coach Koenigs - "Shawna ran a tough race in her first 6k placing 20th overall in a very competitive Sundodger field of just over 200 athletes. Her 18:33 5k split set a new PR and she held on for the last 1k to an impressive 22:35 performance." and "Jon ran a smart race in posting a 25:39 and earning a 19th place overall finish at Sundodger. He looked strong throughout."
- Congratulations Kristi Clayton - Sophomore Volleyball Player for being named to the Linn-Benton CC Crossover Tournament All-Tournament Team on Sept 19th. This was a two day event in Albany, OR. She had a great tournament and rightly deserved this recognition.
- Congratulations to EvCC Men's Cross Country Runner - Emmanual Contreras as he was named Cross Country Athlete of the Week for week #1. Emmanual is a freshman that overcame a 20 plus second deficit in two miles at the Clark College Open to take 1st place in his first collegiate cross country meet.
- Congratulations to the Men's & Women's Cross Country Teams - Both Men’s and Women’s teams came home with team titles from the NWAACC Championship Preview that was hosted by Clark College in battleground, WA on Saturday Sept 5th.
- EvCC Gym Update- The gym building - EvCC Athletic & Fitness Complex that was located at 1815 13th St (2 blocks south of main campus) is now closed for good. For those looking for the offices of Trojan Coaches and Physical Education Instructors; we are now located in the 1st floor of the Broadway Center (Brick building on the corner of Broadway and Tower St.). The weight room/fitness center are located at the Trojan Athletic Complex (formerly Rite-Aid) kitty-corner from the Broadway Center. On July 7th, they will break ground on the construction of the new gym.
Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Dinner - On Thursday, June 11, 2009, Everett Community College held their inaugural Athletic Hall of Fame Banquet. It was held at the Edward D. Hansen Conference Center at Comast Arena (2000 Hewitt Ave, Everett, WA) starting with a social hour at 5:30pm and the dinner starting at 6:30pm. Mr. Mike Price, Head Football Coach at Univeristy of Texas, El Paso, was the keynote speaker.
The first "class" to be inducted into the EvCC Athletic Hall of Fame include:
- Players - Rick Anderson, Terry Metcalf, Ed Pepple, Mike Price, Bob Smithson, Bill Tsoukalas
- Coaches - Paul Blowers, Dolly Holland, Bill McLaughlin, Walt Price, Harry Simmermacher, Ken Tucker
Teams - 1947 Football Team, 1966 Baseball Team
For more information on any of the Athletics teams at EvCC you may contact Athletic Director - Larry Walker @ 425-388-9328 or Assistant Athletic Director - Sue Snow @ 425-388-9327.
Baseball All-Stars 2009 - Congratulations need to go out to some of the Trojan Baseball Players as they have been named to the following All-Star lists!
The Northern Region All Star list has been released and five members of the Trojan squad are on it. FIRST TEAM - Curt Nelson (Sophomore, Outfield); Cody Atkinson (Sophomore, Infield); Arlo Evasick (Sophomore, Pitcher); Keith Campbell (Freshman, Pitcher); SECOND TEAM - Jace Sloan (Freshman, Designated Hitter).
All-NWAACC Team has also been released and two Trojans made that listing. SECOND TEAM - Arlo Evasick (Sophomore, Pitcher); Cody Atkinson (Sophomore, Outfield).
Gold Glove - Freshman 1st Baseman Jace Sloan has been named to the 2009 NWAACC Baseball Gold Glove Northern Region Team.
- Final day of 2009 Track & Field Championships - The final day of the 2009 NWAACC Track & Field Outdoor Championships in Spokane, WA had a number of races and events being held. Meagn Hall had a spectacular showing in the 5000 meter race placing 2nd with a time of 19:20.05. Krissy McGill took 10th in the 1500 meter race with a finishing time of 5:31.77 while Tyler Nilsen took 5th in the Men's 5000 meter race with a time of 16:01.00. Complete results can be found on the NWAACC website or the Distance Track results page. Great Job Teams!
- Update from 2009 Track & Field Championships - On Thursday, May 21st, in Spokane, WA, Everett's Megan Hall won the Women's 10,000 meter race with a time of 40:23.75. Mitch Elias took 5th in the Men's 3K Steeplechase with a time of 9:59.50. Andy Wagner took 6th in Men's 10,000 meter race with a time of 35:12.29. The remaining events take place on Friday, May 22nd. For complete Trojan results check the Distance Track 2009 results webpage. We will update this when we get the results. Congratulations to these athletes and good luck in their next events!
2009 Track & Field Outdoor Championships - The Men's & Women's Distance Track Teams leave today for Spokane, WA to participate in the two day NWAACC 2009 Track & Field Outdoor Championships - May 21st & 22nd. The Trojans do not participate in any field events and only participate in the distance events - 800 meter and above. We want to wish all of the athletes Good Luck! Here is a list of the athletes that will be participating and which events they will be partaking in:
- Amanda Brager - 800m, 1500m, 4x400m Relay
- Krissy McGill - 10,000m, 1500m, 4x400m Relay
- Jolene Minor - 10,000m, 4x400m Relay
- Jessica Costigan - 10,000m, 5000m
- Megan Hall - 10,000m, 5,000m, 4x400m Relay
- Kelsey Whipple - 10,000m
- Lacey Cotterill - 10,000m
- Josiah Cheslik - 800m, 4x400m Relay
- Seth Trowbridge - 800m, 4x400m Relay
- TJ Horn - 10,000m
- Andy Warren - 10,000m
- Andy Wagner - 10,000m, 5000m
- Mitch Elias - 3,000m Steeplechase, 5,000m
- Jacob Wahlenmaier - 800m, 5,000m, 4x400m
- Tyler Nilsen - 5,000m, 4x400m Relay
- Justin Lawrence - 10,000m
- Northern Region Baseball Playoff Tournament @ Skagit Valley College - With the new format in effect for the 2009 playoffs, the Trojans in 3rd place faced the 2nd place Tritons of Edmonds CC on Friday May 15th at 3pm, while 1st place Skagit Valley College Cardinals faced the 4th place Bulldogs of Bellevue College at 6pm. No matter how the Cardinals did in the playoff tournament, they would attend the 2009 NWAACC Baseball Championship Tournament, it just depends on if they go as the #1 seed or the #2 seed. This Tournament is a double elimination format with the winner going as the #1 seed to the NWAACC Championship Tournament. The Trojans not only had a strong offense against the Tritons but also great defense and pitching. Keith Campbell was the starting pitcher and had 8 strike-outs. The Tritons pitching staff struggled early on in the game with their starting pitcher not lasting very long after walking in Everett's first run. The Trojans scored in every inning except 1 and the game only went 8 innings due to the 10 run rule after 7. With the 13-0 win over the Tritons, the Trojans were to face the winner of the Skagit Valley/Bellevue game, which turned out to be Bellevue, on Saturday afternoon. Skagit and Edmonds would play each other at noon on Saturday, with the loser done with their season. Skagit Valley beat Edmonds 3-2. The Trojans played Bellevue and struggled with offense (1 run on 7 hits - the run was in the first inning) and pitching - starting pitcher David Benson got the loss and only 4 strikeouts, losing 10-1. This loss sent the Trojans to the loser bracket to play Skagit Valley about 1/2 hour after the completion of their previous game. Arlo Evasick was the starting pitcher for this game and pitched a complete game and had 11 strike-outs. With great defense and an early jump on Skagit Valley pitcher Ludtke, the Trojans held the Cardinals to 6 hits and only 1 run, which they didn't get until the 7th. On 5 hits and 4 runs, the Trojans put themselves into the championship series with Bellevue to take place Sunday afternoon. The Trojans had to win the next two games against the Bulldogs to be the #1 seed from the North. The first game started at 12pm and the Trojans were the designated home team for this series. The Bulldogs got out to a fast lead on a struggling Trojans pitching staff. Starter Bryce Avila only last 2 innings and had zero strikeouts, followed by Kevin Higgenbotham, Alex Clement and Joe Norris. Not only did the Trojans struggle in pitching, offense was also hard to come by having only 5 hits to Bellevue's 11. The Trojans couldn't contain the Bulldogs and lost the first game 11-1. With this loss, the Bulldogs go onto the NWAACC Championship Tournament as the #1 seed from the North, Skagit Valley College goes as the #2 seed, and the Trojans have the season ended.
- Softball @ NWAACC - The Trojan Softball Team traveled to Portland, OR on Thursday, May 14th to participate in the 2009 NWAACC Softball Championship Tournament that was held May 15-18 at Delta Park. This is a double elimination tournament that includes 16 teams (four from each region). Everett started the tournament on Friday morning playing the 3-time defending champion - the Red Devils of Lower Columbia College. It was an even game until one bad inning for the Trojans when the Red Devils went ahead and stayed there winning by a score of 9-1. That moved the Trojans to the Loser's bracket where they faced the Trailblazers of Centralia College on Friday afternoon. This was really no competition for the Trojans as they won very easily with a score of 8-0 in five innings. This win had them facing the Lakers of Southwestern Oregon CC on Saturday in another loser out game. Unfortunately for the Trojans, the Lakers had a very good game, winning 6-1 and sending the Trojans home with a 1-2 2009 tournament record. Congratulations to the team and coaches for a great season. We look forward to another great season next year and another shot at the tournament championship!
- Final NWAACC Spring Coaches Polls released - On May 12th, the Softball Coaches Poll was released and Bellevue College was the only Northern Region Team on it. The only team to stay in the same spot was the number one spot held by Lower Columbia College. On May 16th, the Baseball Coaches Poll was released and four of the top eight were from the Northern Region including Everett CC. There were no new entries to the list, but only two teams stayed in the same spots - #7 Bellevue College & #8 Everett CC. Skagit Valley College dropped from the first spot (which they have held the majority of the season) to the 4th spot. For complete poll results please check out the Athletics Blog.
- Softball 2009 Northern Region All-Stars - The 2009 Northern Region All-Stars list has been released for publication. Everett made a great showing with 8 players being named to the list, seven being freshmen! FIRST TEAM - Ally Pappas (Freshman, 2nd base); Nena Slocum (Sophomore, DH); SECOND TEAM - Liz Jusko (Freshman, 1st base); Kristina Sherriff (Freshman, SS); Annie Collins (Freshman, 3rd base); Alyse Wynar (Freshman, Outfield); Megan Stepro (Freshman, Outfield); Joleen Monfiletto (Freshman, Pitcher). Congratulations Ladies!
- 2009 Male & Female Athletes of the Year: On Friday May 8th, at the Student Activities Awards Banquet that was held at the Everett Holiday Inn the Trojan Athletic Department announced the recipients of the 2009 Male and Female Athletes of the Year Award. Athletic Director Larry Walker announced the winners and they were Arlo Evasick - sophomore for the Trojan Baseball Team and Megan Hall - sophomore for the Trojan Cross Country & Distance Track Teams. Congratulations to both of the outstanding athletes and Good Luck in all you do in the future!
- Baseball takes 3rd in League - with the Trojans finishing in 3rd place in league, they will face the Tritons of Edmonds CC at 3pm on Friday May 15th at Skagit Valley College in the 1st round of the new Northern Region Playoff Format (see story below). They must win the playoff tournament in order to participate in the 2009 NWAACC Baseball Championship Tournament that will be held at Lower Columbia College in Longview, WA on May 21-25.
- Softball to attend NWAACC Championship Tournament - The Trojans leave Thursday May 14th for Portland, OR to participate in the 2009 NWAACC Softball Championship Tournament that will be held at Delta Park. The Trojans took fourth in league with a 16-8 league record and a 20-21 overall record. They will face the #1 team from the Western Region - Lower Columbia College - the three time defending champion - at 11:30am on Friday May 15th. Depending on how they do from then on out will determine their game time and opponent. For bracket and tournament information can be found on the NWAACC website and on the softball homepage.
New Baseball Playoff Format - This year the Northern Region has adopted a new format to send two teams to the NWAACC Championship Tournament. In the past the first place team in league automatically went as the #1 seed from the North while the second place and the third place teams had a three game series playoff for the second seed (2 games @ the #2 place home field and 1 game @ the #3 home field if necessary).
This year's format involves the top 4 teams in the North to playoff playing a double elimination tournament. The #1 team automatically qualifies for the NWAACC Tournament however how they play in the playoff determines if they go as the #1 seed or the #2 seed. In the new format all games are played at one location over the course of three days, Game 1 is #2 vs #3 and Game 2 is #1 vs #4 on Friday. The losers of Games 1 & 2 play Game 3 on Saturday in a loser out game, with the winners of Games 1 & 2 playing Game 4 on Saturday. The winner of Game 3 plays the loser of Game 4 in Game 5 on Saturday. On Sunday in Game 6, the winner of Game 4 plays the winner of Game 5. If the winner of Game 5 beats the winner of Game 4 there will be a Game 7 with the winner going as the #1 seed of the North. If the 1st place team does not make it to Game 6 they will attend the NWAACC Tournament as the #2 seed. If the first place team plays in Game 6 they must win Game 6 & possibly Game 7 to be the #1 seed.
- NWAACC 5th Spring Sports Coaches Polls were released on April 27th, 2009 and with a 10-10 league record and a 22-16 overall record, the Trojan Baseball Team has moved down two spots, from 6th to 8th. Three baseball teams from the North are on the top eight - Everett, Edmonds and #1 Skagit Valley. On the Softball Poll, the Trojans aren't listed, but they are a solid team that will be a tough competitor in the remaining league games and will hopefully make the next poll that will be released on May 11th.
- The 4th NWAACC Coaches Polls were released on April 13th, 2009. Trojan Baseball is still sitting in the number 6 spot for the second poll in a row. Also on the Baseball poll - four of the top eight teams are from the Northern Region. Softball still hasn't been voted onto the top eight teams of the NWAACC - but that doesn't mean that they aren't a good team. With a league record of 7-3, the Trojan Softball team is tough competition for everyone in the North.
- NWAACC Male Track Athlete of the Week - 4/2. Everett's Mitch Elias was named the Male Track Athlete of the Week on April 2, 2009. Congratulations Mitch! Check out the Blog for complete information!
- 3rd NWAACC Baseball Coaches Poll - 3/30. The NWAACC third Coaches Poll of the 09 season was released on March 30th. The Trojans moved back up to the number 6 spot! Only two Northern Region teams are listed on the top 8 - EVERETT and Skagit Valley. Check out the Blog for complete results for both baseball and softball.
- NWAACC Baseball Coaches Poll - 3/17 - On the second NWAACC Coaches Poll of the 2009 season, the Trojans are still listed. They went down one spot from 6th to 7th. Four of the top eight teams are from the Northern Region, which looks to make league play (starts Saturday 3/28) very interesting! Check out the Blog for complete poll results for baseball and softball.
- Congratulations to 3 Trojan Basketball players as they travel to Pierce College in Lakewood, WA to participate in the NWAACC Sophomore All-Star Event this upcoming weekend. Keena Hopkins - Northern Region 2nd Team, will play with other Northern Region women at 11:00am on Sunday 3/15, and Chris Grounds - Northern Region MVP, and Stephan Waltman - Northern Region 2nd Team will play with the other Northern Region men at 2:00pm on Sunday. Both North teams will play the Sophomore All-Stars from the Southern Region. Ashley Housden for the women made the Northern Region 2nd Team as well but is only a freshman and can not play in the All-Star Event. Good luck to these players as they go down to Pierce and represent EvCC Trojan Basketball!
Requesting Donations - Washington State Governor Chris Gregoire has directed that flags at all Washington State agency facilities be lowered to half-staff Tuesday, February 24, in memory of Erik Anderson, a Spokane Community College instructor, cross country coach, and state employee. Erik was killed Thursday, February 19 in a tragic work related accident on the college campus.
**Dick McClain, Executive Director of the NWAACC has requested that each NWAACC school collect donations at their next home basketball game in support of Eriks' two children. The Trojans next and last home game is Wed. Feb 25th. There will be a container at the entry table/concession stand for any donations that fans of either team would like to contribute. These donations will then be sent to the Erik Anderson Memorial Fund at the Spokane Teachers Credit Union in Spokane, WA.
- Farewell to the GYM - On Saturday, February 14th, 2009 - Trojan Athletics along with current and former athletes bid a fond farewell to a place that has created numerous memories for so many over the years after the Men's & Women's Basketball games. This is the last year that the Trojans will be using the current gym and will vacate this building in June 2009. The Trojans new home will open in the Fall of 2010 and is being built closer to main campus. So thank you for those that came out on the 14th - yes Valentines Day night... and helped us say farewell to the Gym and watch some great competition!
- Congratulations to Men's Soccer Players for being named to the following NWAACC teams - All-Region Team: Cole Anderson, Jake Berg and Jon DeOlivera; Northern Region All-Star Team: Defender - Abou Kahn, Goalkeeper - Eric Cruz. Great job guys!
- Congratulations - The Men's & Women's Cross Country Teams traveled to Battleground, WA to participate in the NWAACC Championship Meet on Saturday Nov. 8th. Both teams walked away as the 2nd Place Team. Freshman Yon Yilma took 3rd Place in the Men's race and also took home All-American Honors.
- NWAACC All-Academic Sports Team - Fall: The following individuals have been named to the NWAACC All-Academic Sports Team for Fall quarter. These individuals had a GPA of at least 3.25 and were in the second season of participation. They are: Kaitlan Ducken - Women's Soccer; Brittney Rice - Women's Soccer; Taneal Detschman - Women's Cross Country; Christa Porter - Women's Cross Country; & Jeremy Kenagy - Men's Soccer.
- The Trojan Volleyball team along with opponent the Shoreline CC Dolphins held a "DIG FOR A CURE" game on 10/22. It is a national volleyball campaign to raise money and awareness for breast cancer research. Donations to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation were raised and both teams would like to thank everyone who attended the game and those that donated! Thank you very much! We look forward to participating again next season.
- NEW MEN'S SOCCER COACH - The Athletic Department would like to welcome Scott Willsie as the new Men's Soccer Coach for the 2008 season. This is Coach Willsie's second season with the Trojans, as he was the assistant coach for the 2007 season under Tim Colvin. If you are interested in joining the 2009 team please contact him at 425-330-4956.Congratulations to the Men's Baseball team as they took second place in the Northern Region of the 2008 season.
- Congratulations to the Trojan Softball team as they took 3rd place team in the Northern Region for the 2008 season .
- 2008 Male & Female Athletes of the Year were named at the Annual Student Activities Awards Banquet that was held at the Holiday Inn starting on Friday May 9th. This year's Female Athlete of the Year was Kristina Schumacher who played on the Women's Basketball Team. The Male Athlete of the Year was Chris Grounds from the Men's Basketball Team. Congratulations to both of these great athletes!
- New Sports: Starting this Spring, EvCC will be offering Men's & Women's Distance Running. They will compete at NWAACC approved Track meets in the distance races only. There are no sprints or field events. If you are interested please contact Athletic Director Larry Walker at 425-388-9328 for more information.
- Congratulations to the Men's & Women's Basketball teams for both making it to the NWAACC Championship Tournament. Both Teams did very well at the NWAACC Championship Tournament, each making it to the final day and each taking 8th Place! Great job!!!
- Congratulations to the 2007-08 Women's Basketball Team for clinching their 1st place finish in the Northern Region for the second year in a row. They finished with a 14-2 League Record and a 21-7 Overall Record. In the 2006-07 season they were co-Champions with Bellevue CC and Whatcom CC each with a 13-3 League Record.
- Congratulations to the 2007 Men's Cross Country Team and the 2007 Women's Cross Country Team as they were crowned the NWAACC Northern Region Champions at the Northern Region Meet this past Saturday (10/27). That is a remarkable accomplishment!!!
- Congratulations to Matt Koenigs for being named the 2007 Northern Region Women's Cross Country Coach of the Year and the 2007 Northern Region Men's Cross Country Co-Coach of the Year. At the NWAACC Championships on Nov. 10th, Matt was named NWAACC Co-Coach of the Year - Women's Cross Country.
- Congratulations to the 2007 Men's Soccer team as they clinched their 2nd Place finish in the Northern Region and have secured a first round playoff game vs the Southern Region #3 team. They will host the game on Wednesday Nov. 7 at 1pm at Kasch Park.
- Congratulations to the 2007 Women's Soccer team as they clinched their 3rd Place finish in the Northern Region and will travel to the Southern Region #2 - Lane CC in Eugene, OR for the 1st Round Playoff Game.
- Congratulations to Women's Soccer player Leah King was named to the NWAACC North-East Region All-Star team and was also named the NWAACC Northern Region MVP.
- Congratulations to Men's Soccer Coach Tim Colvin for being named NWAACC Northern Region Coach of the Year.