Welcome to your home away from home!
As an international student at EvCC you spend your first year living on campus and will be one of the first to live in our brand new buildings!
Your success is important to us. Institutional research shows students who live on campus are happier with their college experience, are more involved in campus activities, and earn higher grades. On average they get accepted to higher ranked universities and are offered more scholarships.
Our dorms are convenient (only a 5 minute walk to class), provide direct access to campus life, and offer exclusive services (such as 24/7 assistance from campus safety and security).
Move to Campus & Save Money
If you maintain a 3.3 GPA (grade point average), you could earn up to $1,200 discount, if you sign a 12 month lease. This works out to be $670 per month.
What do you get for your money?
- Less than 5 minutes to class, library, computer labs, fitness center, and the bus
- One payment covers: water, electricity, garbage, wireless Internet, and a brand new fully furnished room
- Exclusive activities (including evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- Free shuttle service to international grocery stores and to off-campus shopping
- 24-hour support from live-in staff
- Bi-weekly office hours held by international staff right outside of your door
- A safe living environment - 24/7 assistance from campus safety and security
- Tutoring services right where you live
Many international students choose a homestay as they are getting started. Students learn about the area, bus routes and find out about activities and events through their host families. Homestay is required for new students who are 16 & 17 years of age. At 18 years of age or older, new students are required to live in on campus residence halls. Apply early to reserve your first choice in rooms. Please review the housing policy for regulations and exemptions for eligibility of off campus living.
For currently enrolled students, at the age of 18, you can choose to either stay in homestay or move to one of the on campus residence halls.
Everett Community College works with two different homestay companies (services, pricing, meals, airport pick and other details will vary with each company):
For more information about getting settled in the US (transportation, banking, etc) read the Useful Information and Resources for International Students.