As concerns grow about reducing liability, healthcare organizations need strategies for reducing errors and establishing a safe environment for patients and employees. Having healthcare professionals trained in Healthcare Risk Management is becoming more and more necessary in organizations as patient safety and reduced costs are a big part of the focus in healtcare today.
EvCC offers a series of three online classes designed to provide clinical and administrative healthcare professionals with an overview of risk management in healthcare settings, including hospitals, ambulatory care, pharmacies, and the insurance industry. Compliance laws and regulations for healthcare agencies and the role of risk managers are covered in these courses. Upon completion of the series, you'll earn a Healthcare Risk Management Certificate.
Students in the Healthcare Risk Management classes include: nurses, medical assistants, physicians, healthcare organization administrators and managers, insurance adjustors, legal professionals, pharmacists, and others who look to join a healthcare organization with the risk management skills and knowledge that is so important today.
- Reduce risk in your work place
- Improve patient safety
- Reduce the number of patient claims
- Help your facility keep malpractice costs down
How? By taking one or more classes in Everett Community College’s new Healthcare Risk Management program. The program includes:
- Three 50 hour, five-credit classes
- A Certificate in Healthcare Risk Management by successfully completing all three classes
Health 206-Intro to Healthcare Risk Management
- Introduction to the concept of risk management in the healthcare setting, including a historical perspective on the development of healthcare risk management, the role of a risk manager, and compliance with federal and local agencies in various healthcare setings. ~Offered fall quarter
Health 207-Law, Healthcare, and Patient Safety
- Overview of applicable federal, state and local health and safety laws relevant to the practice of healthcare risk management and patient safety, including occupational and environmental risk exposures, accident prevention, and emergency management. ~Offered winter quarter
Health 208-Healthcare Risk Management and Liability
- Overview of the principles of malpractice and liability insurance, the conduct of malpractice litigation, and the settlement of malpractice claims. This course will provide students with information on accurate documentation in the medical record and an introduction to the emerging liabilities facing healtcare organizations. ~Offered spring quarter
Before entering any one of the classes, you will need to have successfully completed English 98 (or above) at any accredited college or university. The three Healthcare Risk Management classes may be taken in any order and course work is entirely online--no on campus attendance is required. After completing the program you will be better able to assess and respond to risk management within your own facility, or able to seek employment within the risk management department in healthcare facilities such as ambulatory care clinics, hospitals, or walk-in clinics.
Tuition is based on the number of college credits students are taking in a given quarter, as well as whether the student lives in or out of the state of Washington. For more information regarding tuition, please visit the Enrollment and Tuition page at: http://www.everettcc.edu/enrollment/tuituin/enrollment-and-tuition
Registration may be done online at: http://www.everettcc.edu/enrollment/registration/how-apply
For more information contact Christine Malone via email (email@example.com).