Welcome to The Tutoring Center
Tutoring Services Provided
- Drop-In Tutoring
- Study Skills Resources
- Small Group Tutoring
- Supplemental Instruction
- Computer Support
- eTutoring - Click Login then select Western eTutoring Consortium
- Algebra Practice Tests
- Math Study Links
How the Tutoring Center Works
The Tutoring Center provides free academic/tutorial support to students enrolled in courses offered by EvCC, providing schedules can be matched and a qualified tutor can be located. Students may access services only in the courses they are currently enrolled in at EvCC for credit.
There are several ways a student may use the Center’s services: they may use the Drop-In Center, they may use the computers to do independent research, they may attend a small group session, or they may collect and use the handouts provided in the Center.
The Center does not provide credit to students using its services.
The Center’s goal is to assist students to:
- Formulate questions
- use their textbooks as resources
- prepare for exams
- evaluate/correct exams
- manage the course material
- organize the course material
- improve study skills and time management
- recognize their strengths and weaknesses as learners
- learn how to become independent learners
- learn how to network with other students
Become a Tutor
Interested in becoming a Tutoring Center tutor? Click here for details on getting started with tutoring others.