The Classified Training Committee is in place to fulfill the State of Washington rules and regulations concerning employee training and development for classified staff at Everett Community College.
The goals of the Classified Staff Training Committee are to:
- Provide opportunities for professional growth and development
- Provide opportunities for improving staff performance and morale
- Promote job satisfaction
- Increase staff awareness of training opportunities
- Encourage participation by all employees
Training activities will be planned and approved by the Classified Staff Training Committee based on the following priorities:
- Training to improve performance and productivity in current positions
- Training to improve working relations and communication among departments and staff
- Training to provide employees with new skills and knowledge to meet technological and/or other program changes
- Training to prepare employees for possible future promotional opportunities with the college or system
Resources for Classified Staff training include:
- Release time or alternate work schedules
- State or Federal assistance with tuition and fees
- Board of Trustees approved tuition waiver policy
- College budget funds, grants and other funds designated for this purpose
- College sponsored training, workshops, classes and seminars
Training Funds Reimbursement Procedures
- All Classified Staff at Everett Community College may request training funds reimbursement up to $200 per person, per fiscal year (July 1 through June 30).
- Reimbursement may be requested for tuition, fees, books, conference registration, professional organization membership fees, examinations, certifications, and travel expenses related to approved training.
- Read more in our Classified Staff Training Procedure (PDF)
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
College employees seeking training opportunities or additional information may visit the Intranet's Classified Staff Training Committee page.