Job Search FAQ

Where can I find part-time jobs while I'm going to school and full-time jobs for summer and when I graduate?

The Student Job Center is located within Workforce Funding on the top floor of Parks Student Union. A variety of jobs are received by this office each week. The positions can be found after registering as a job seeker by clicking here or by looking through posted jobs on the physical Job Center bulletin boards across from Financial Aid.

Where can I obtain assistance on my resume, interview, and job search?

The Student Job Center is open Monday through Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm, closed on Holidays. You may drop in during office hours or you may also make an appointment for a 15-20 minute resume critique after you have developed a rough draft. (Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 times to get the resume that will market you the best.) The Workshop Series available each quarter assist you with resume critique, creating resumes, interview preparation, navigating career fairs. For more information log in to your Job Seeker account and view Career Events. There are many other resources available, as well.

What is the best way to meet potential employers for different careers?

The Student Job Center is pleased to provide information tables called Employers on Campus. During the quarter employers showcase their business by having a display table with a recruiter available to answer questions. These are held in the Gray Wolf Hall lobby area. Another good way is to attend the Career and Internship Fair and R.E.A.L. Resume Presentations on campus. Also, the Snohomish County Job Fair is held at Xfinity Arena twice a year. These events draw many businesses of all types including: aerospace, telecommunications, medical, social service agencies, law enforcement and others.

May I work if I'm under 18 years of age?

If you are under 18 years of age and are employed or looking for non-agricultural work, you will need a Washington State Parent/School Authorization form completed for your employer. However; if you hold a high school diploma, you do not need the form filled out, but your employer will need a copy of the diploma. If you do not have a diploma, you will need your form signed by your high school principal or other school authority; if you are in EvCC's high school program the signature would be through youth re-engagement, or the VP of Student Services.