Honors at Everett - Stand Out!
Who is eligible?
Any student can take the initiative and begin Honors work. All a student needs is a B or higher in English 101 and a 3.5 GPA to get started.
What is the Honors Program?
The EvCC Honors Program has been designed to give our students an opportunity to stand out in their applications for transfer to 4-year schools and on their resumes, and to do Honors-level academic work while working toward their AAS degrees at EvCC.
- Stand out from the crowd when searching for a job
- Roll up their sleeves and experience what professionals in the field actually do
- Sharpen writing skills and build confidence
- Explore new depths, broaden horizons, and integrate knowledge
- Experience camaraderie with their peers and professors
Admission to the Honors program is not necessary for enrollment in Honors (HN) sections of classes.
How can I know whether the Honors Program is for me?
You can try it out! You may take an HN-section (Honors-designated sections will have an "HN" after the course number). If you apply for admission to the program later on, theses courses will all 'count' towards your Honors Program progress.
Even if you decide not to apply for the Honors Program, your transcript will show that you took an Honors course (ENGL& 102 HN = COMPOSITION II: HONORS).
When can I start?
Whenever you are ready! Honors sections can be found during Fall, Winter and Spring quarters in multiple disciplines.