Avionics: Aircraft Electronics Technician Training
Learn to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair aircraft electronic systems.
- 2-quarter curriculum that includes electric, electronics, digital systems, and Avionics for Airframe & Powerplant
- Majority of hands-on learning experience
- FCC license preparation
- Stand-alone program with entry opportunity into Aviation Maintence Program (Part 147)
- Offered second shift, 3 to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday
- 4 short term, stackable certificates (see below)
- 3 degree options (coming soon)
- Employment facilitators available to assist with job placement
Stackable Certificates in Avionics
Aircraft Electronics Certificate
A short term Electronics Certificate allows a student to be qualified for entry-level work in a variety of industry sectors in the electronics field. This certificate is a prerequisite to the Aircraft Wiring Certificate.
Aircraft Wiring Certificate
A short term Wiring Certificate allows a student to be qualified for entry-level work in a variety of industry sectors in the electrical and aerospace manufacturing field. This certificate is a prerequisite to the Aircraft Avionics Systems Certificate.
Aircraft Avionics Systems Certificate
A short term Avionics Systems Certificate allowing the student to be qualified for entry-level work in the aerospace manufacturing field.
Avionics Technician Certificate
Completion of all three short term certificates earns the Avionics Technician Certificate. When combined with FAA A&P Certification, the student will be qualified for Avionics focused work in the Aviation Maintenance industry.
Attend a free information session
View a list of required materials for the Avionics program. Materials List.