Engineering is Fascinating!
Engineering offers more career options than any other discipline. It's a profession that can take you from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space, from within the microscopic structures of the human cell to the top of the tallest skyscrapers. Engineers are problem solvers who search for quicker, better, and less expensive ways to use the force and materials of nature to meet today’s challenges. Engineering students have their pick of many fields, from electrical to civil to aeronautical to biomedical.
It is helpful to have the following traits: a solid mathematical and scientific foundation, interest in solving problems, perseverance, the ability to work accurately and systematically, and a basic understanding of the economics and environmental context in which engineering is practiced. Students should develop effective communication and intepersonal skills, cultivate opportunities to participate as a team member on job projects, and master relevant computer programs.
Websites at common transfer institutions
- Washington State University at Everett University Center - Mechanical engineering degree
- Central Washington University Industrial & Engineering Technology
- Eastern Washington University Department of Engineering & Design
- Seattle University College of Science & Engineering
- University of Washington College of Engineering
- Washington State University College of Engineering & Architecture
- Western Washington University Department of Engineering Technology