Funding Opportunities for Training
Job Skills Program:
Washington State provides Job Skills (JSP) funds to qualifying companies to substantially offset the cost of employee training. JSP Training is customized to meet employers' specific needs and is delivered to new or current employees at the work site or in a classroom. A central focus of JSP is to provide training and employment for those at risk of losing their jobs due to technological or economic changes.
Your business is eligible to apply for the Job Skills Program if:
- You are a Washington employer
- Your business is in need of assistance for employee training for the purpose of remaining competitive in the marketplace
- Your employees need skill training to ensure or improve their employability
- You can provide dollar-for-dollar match of all grant funds (in salaries, benefits, in-kind contributions, and cash.)
- June 1, 2016 for project start date of July 1, 2016
- Sept. 1, 2016 for project start date of Oct. 1, 2016
- Dec. 1, 2016 for project start date of Jan. 1, 2017
If you are interested in the Jobs Skills Program, contact us so we can discuss your needs and if JSP is the right fit for you. If it seems like the right fit, we’ll apply. If approved, we’ll set up a customized training plan to take place at your site, our site, or a combination – whatever meets your needs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-267-0162 to discuss with our customized training team.
Customized Training Program
The Washington Customized Training Program (CTP) was created by the State Legislature to provide training assistance to businesses that provide employment opportunities in Washington. The Customized Training Program allows for companies to receive customized training while deferring the costs, and receiving a 50% B&O tax credit.
- After training is completed the business repays the costs of training received to the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges interest free.
- The first payment will be equal to 25% of the full cost of the training program and is due upon completion of the training.
- The remaining 75% is spread over the next 18 months.
As each payment is made the business may take a state B&O tax credit equal to 50% of the payment.
- After all payments have been made, the company's total tax credit will be equal to 50% of the full cost of the training program.
Interested? Contact us at email@example.com or call 425.267.0162 to learn more about CTP, and how EvCC can help make it happen.
Tuition Funding for Dislocated Workers:
Interested in receiving tuition funding for high demand job training in careers such as Electronics, Machinist and related fields? Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425.267.0150 to learn the latest on funding opportunities.