Applying for financial aid is simple. The 2016-2017 financial aid process is as follows:
- Application for Admission: Apply for admission to Everett Community College if you are a new student. Important: You must provide your social security number on your Admissions application for financial aid purposes. If you have previously earned credits from another college and want those credits to count here, have official transcripts sent to Enrollment Services and request an official evaluation. You must be a registered student for your credits to be evaluated.
Complete the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Renewal Application if you are a returning student. You will need:
- A FSA ID from the Department of Education site. This helps them identify you when accessing your information and acts as your electronic signature. If you are a dependent of your parent or guardian, they will need their own FSA ID. Get your FSA ID here.
- Income records, such as W2s, copies of federal tax returns, and SSI benefits for the previous year. Dependent students will need their parents' or guardians' income records.
- EvCC Federal School Code is 003776
Once the Department of Education has received and processed your FAFSA, allow several days for the EvCC Financial Aid Department to receive your information electronically. Be sure to provide an email address on your FAFSA. You will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) sent to your email or mailing address. The SAR is the Department of Education's response to your FAFSA.
- If your SAR indicates that changes are necessary, please go to the FAFSA website and make the necessary corrections.
When EvCC has received your processed application, the Financial Aid Department will email you information requesting any additional documents necessary to prepare your file for review. This could include:
- Online EvCC Info Sheet: 2016-2017 Information Sheet (for Summer 2016, Fall 2016, Winter 2017, Spring 2017) This form is required for State Grant Aid consideration.
- Verification Worksheet: If you have been selected for verification by the Department of Education or the EvCC Financial Aid Department, a 2015 Tax Transcript may be required and can be requested at www.irs.gov .
- Additional Documentation: Please respond to any other requests for information within two weeks when your file review is underway. Your financial aid award will not be determined until our office has received all requested items. The Financial Aid Portal is your best way to obtain most of the documents required from you, learn what your awards are, and to check on your status is with financial aid.
- Financial Aid Portal Link Use the Portal to check your financial aid status, see what documents are required and what your awards are when completed.
For a general overview of the financial aid process, including how to prepare for college, types of aid you may be eligible for, basic eligibility requirements, how to repay your student loans, please visit the Federal Student Aid guidance website.