Applying for financial aid is easy; you can even apply before being accepted to EvCC. The financial aid process is as follows:
You complete the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Renewal Application if you are a returning student.
- EvCC Federal School Code is 003776
Once the Department of Education has received and processed your FAFSA, allow several days for the EvCC Financial Aid Department to receive your information electronically. It is best to provide an email address on your FAFSA. You will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) sent to your email or mailing address. Please note, the SAR is the Department of Education's response to your FAFSA.
- If your SAR indicates that changes are necessary, please go to the FAFSA website and make the necessary corrections.
When EvCC has received your processed application, the Financial Aid Department will email you information requesting any additonal documents necessary to prepare your file for review. This could include:
- Online EvCC Data Sheet: 2015-2016 Information Sheet (for Summer 2015, Fall 2015, Winter 2016, Spring 2016)
- Verification Worksheet: If you have been selected for verfication by the Department of Education or the EvCC Financial Aid Department, a 2014 Tax Transcript may also be required and can be requested at www.irs.gov .
- Additional Documentation: Please respond to any other requests for information within two weeks when your file review is underway. Your financial aid award will not be determined until our office has received all requested items. The Financial Aid Portal is your best way to get most of the documents required from you, what your awards are, and what your status is with financial aid.
- Financial Aid Portal Link.
- Application for Admission: Apply for admission to Everett Community College if you are a new student. If you have previously earned credits from another college, have official grade transcripts sent to Enrollment Services and request an official evaluation. Important: You must provide your social security number on your Admissions application for financial aid purposes.
For a general overview of the financial aid process, including how to prepare for college, types of aid you may be eligible for, basic eligibility requirements, how to repay your student loans, please visit the Federal Student Aid guidance website.