The Tech Prep program in your high school is part of a nationwide effort to help students identify careers that interest them, and start building technical skills while still in high school. Everett Community College (EvCC) has partnered with your high school to help students make the most of their high school learning opportunities. With Tech Prep students earn both high school and college credit in selected courses. In general, these courses are in job-specific skill areas.
So what's the point?
- I don't plan to go to college. If you decide to attend college later, you will already have credits that may apply towards a degree or certificate. You will also have a college transcript with a good grade point average (GPA).
- I'm going directly into the workforce or military after I graduate. Tech Prep credits may give you the edge. College credits look great on your resume, and employers respect employees who aren't afraid to face the challenge of a college level class. By going the extra mile to earn Tech Prep credits, you are showing your employer that you are committed and motivated.
- Will my credits go with me to University of Washington, Arizona State College, Bellevue College? You may submit your Everett Community College transcript to any college or technical school. The school will decide whether your Tech Prep credits will be accepted or count towards your degree. However, your college transcript with a good GPA will always make a good impression and could, in some instances, influence whether you are accepted into the college you are choosing. All Washington state community colleges accept Tech Prep credits.
- Have a college transcript with a good GPA before completing high school.
- Know you can handle the challenge of college level classes.
- Advance to your career/academic goal sooner.
- Save $$$$!! Remember, Tech Prep credits are free!