Student Ambassadors - Get more than a job!
The Student Ambassador Program is a leadership opportunity for students who are dedicated to serving and representing Everett Community College. Student Ambassadors provide campus tours, serve as an EvCC representative and perform duties at various EvCC campus and community events. Student Ambassadors also serve in two areas within Student Activities, the Student Activities Office and the Paperclip where they act as a first point of contact to visitors, both by phone and in person.
Ambassador Service Areas
Student Activities Office
The Student Activities Office provides services such as flyer posting, scheduling the Club Resource Center, as well as providing information and referrals. The Student Activities Office also handles a multitude of questions about EvCC Student Clubs, ASB Senate, EvCC Graduation Ceremony and how to sign up for a campus tour.
The Paperclip provides services such as distribution of the “EvCC Card” (student photo ID) and sells scantrons, pencils, copy cards, diploma covers and stamps. The Paperclip also offers student lounge/study space and computer access. They also assist in the coordination of recreation ticket sales for the campus community.
- Welcome and greet public at Student Activities Office and The Paperclip.
- Provide various services and referrals to the campus.
- Develop an expanded knowledge of Everett Community College.
- Conduct campus tours for new students, schools, classes, and guests.
- Represent Everett Community College during college events.
- Assist with duties and tasks related to events put on by various Everett Community College departments.
- Work with diverse populations and provide tips on being a successful student.
- Maintain Student Activities appearance and professionalism.
- Assist with variety of office related tasks.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and required trainings.
- All other duties as assigned.
As a Student Ambassador you will develop a wide range of transferrable skills that will benefit you. Employers, colleges and universities are looking for more than just good grades; they want community involvement and service! Student Ambassadors will gain leadership skills that will help build your resume, university and scholarship applications. You will earn letters of recommendations, get connected to and serve your campus, and help students and the community learn more about Everett Community College.
- Must be a currently enrolled Everett Community College student.
- Must be currently enrolled in at least 10 credits or be registered for 10 credits the quarter the position would begin.
- Must have a quarterly and cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.
- Position has a one academic year commitment. (Fall 2013-Spring 2014)
- Demonstrate strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, dependability, discipline and enthusiasm.
- Are positive
- Enjoy communicating with others
- Provide excellent customer service
- Have EvCC Spirit
- Are open to learning new things
- Have a commitment diversity and cultural pluralism
- Complete the Student Ambassador Application. Submit by August 1, 2014.
- Complete Student Ambassador Questionnaire. (Located in the Student Ambassador Application.)
- Turn in application to the Student Activities Office, PSU 209 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are currently accepting applications for the academic year 2014-2015.
For questions or more information contact:
Program Support Supervisor
Student Activities Office, PSU 209
425-388-9507 or email@example.com